JaneB

Matchday prediction  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester City win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/11/23 at 14:30

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30 hours on Sunday, 12th November 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

1 hour ago, blueboy1905 said:

Will be watching this game through my fingers. Watched City destroy Burnley yesterday and even if Haarland is injured they can score with any player and every area. If we get slapped up by Tottenham this could be the end of the fans patience towards the Chelsea board.

Even if it is, it wonโ€™t change anything. Arenโ€™t Todd โ€˜nโ€™ Eggy locked in for the next decade?

32 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Even if it is, it wonโ€™t change anything. Arenโ€™t Todd โ€˜nโ€™ Eggy locked in for the next decade?

Clearlake might be locked in, they can easily dump of shift sideways individuals.
Even Clearlake are locked in by agreement with I gather RA.ย  Easiest thing in the world for RA and any other counterparty to the agreement to approve their exit.
The 10 year commitment was to show good intentions, not to punish anyone, least of all us fans.

3 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Clearlake might be locked in, they can easily dump of shift sideways individuals.
Even Clearlake are locked in by agreement with I gather RA.ย  Easiest thing in the world for RA and any other counterparty to the agreement to approve their exit.
The 10 year commitment was to show good intentions, not to punish anyone, least of all us fans.

Problem is that the money is spent and a lot of these players are on very long deals.

Whatโ€™s done is done. How would replacing Todd โ€˜nโ€™ Eggy make that much difference over the next say 2-3 years? Theyโ€™re not directly responsible for the players playing so badly.ย 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Problem is that the money is spent and a lot of these players are on very long deals.

Whatโ€™s done is done. How would replacing Todd โ€˜nโ€™ Eggy make that much difference over the next say 2-3 years? Theyโ€™re not directly responsible for the players playing so badly.ย 

No idea if it will make a difference, but fininancial investors tend to be quite vindictive if they think someone is devaluing their assets, so it may well happen, or rather the pair may want to pass responsibility on to others early.ย  I had an American boss once who should have been called the Mad Hatter.ย  He moved from desk to desk around the trading floor picking up profitable trading books and moving on just as soon as he turned them into the Red.
But yes what is done is done is Chelsea.

15 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

No idea if it will make a difference, but fininancial investors tend to be quite vindictive if they think someone is devaluing their assets, so it may well happen, or rather the pair may want to pass responsibility on to others early.ย  I had an American boss once who should have been called the Mad Hatter.ย  He moved from desk to desk around the trading floor picking up profitable trading books and moving on just as soon as he turned them into the Red.
But yes what is done is done is Chelsea.

Yeah. I know what theyโ€™re like.ย 

Weโ€™re in a fix, thereโ€™s no doubt about it. All we can do is move on and hope it comes together and that we establish a spine and identity to the team. This is why players like Gallagher are so important but absolutely not the only reason he should play, I think heโ€™s brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

I was going to take great pleasure in announcing that and you've beaten me to it!!

Hang on ... we haven't got that horror officiating at this game have we?ย 

We should put in the complaint now and save time.

The Premier League should issue "bingo" cards with the "mistakes" he's going to make on purpose so at least we have a reason to keep watching .

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

The Premier League should issue "bingo" cards with the "mistakes" he's going to make on purpose so at least we have a reason to keep watching .

I knew you'd be pleased!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

The โ€œapologyโ€ is already drafted.

• Haha 2

So, if we can get a few of them sent off early doors, we might limit the damage they can do and come away with a respectable 2-0 defeat. In all seriousness though, this actually could be a battering if we're not careful. We have to start better than we did last night because, unlike Spurs, Man City would go for the kill in terms of goals, rather than opposition limbs.

I think we'll see:

Sanchez

James - Disasi - Silva - Cucurella

Enzo - Caicedo - Gallagher

Sterling - Jackson - Palmer

ย 

I do think Mudryk from the start would be an idea though, to use his pace to give them something to think about at the back, but don't see any of that front 3 being dropped.

10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think we'll see:

Sanchez

James - Disasi - Silva - Cucurella

Enzo - Caicedo - Gallagher

Sterling - Jackson - Palmer

ย 

I do think Mudryk from the start would be an idea though, to use his pace to give them something to think about at the back, but don't see any of that front 3 being dropped.

I get the feeling Poch will put Colwill as LB no matter what....Also, I would replace Sterling for Mudryk.ย 

Colwill is beginning to worry me...Reece started to get in the habit of being veryย "in your face"....Seems to have got on top of that..,maybe the arm band ?..But Colwill seems to be ready to go "at it" almost without cause. Not a good look.

4 hours ago, chara said:

Colwill is beginning to worry me...Reece started to get in the habit of being veryย "in your face"....Seems to have got on top of that..,maybe the arm band ?..But Colwill seems to be ready to go "at it" almost without cause. Not a good look.

Think it was just the drama of the occasion more than anything else, the rest of his demeanour comes across as very composed - something he was applauded for showcasing last season.ย 

Haven't seen all too much in the meantime to suggest there's any sort of greater concern to be had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Think it was just the drama of the occasion more than anything else, the rest of his demeanour comes across as very composed - something he was applauded for showcasing last season.ย 

Haven't seen all too much in the meantime to suggest there's any sort of greater concern to be had.

He has been at the club since 2011, he'll have special feelings for Spurs and his 26 shirt.ย  I have no anger management worries, just I wish he'd stop showing off the No 26 to opponents about to shoot.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, chara said:

Yeah. Tbh I want more of it and more shit housing so weโ€™re nasty to play against but you have to be sensible and pick your battles. I donโ€™t want thuggery. The players are stupid enough as it is. ๐Ÿคฃ

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Yeah. Tbh I want more of it and more shit housing so weโ€™re nasty to play against but you have to be sensible and pick your battles. I donโ€™t want thuggery. The players are stupid enough as it is. ๐Ÿคฃ

Absolutely mate....you added/echoed my thoughts not wellย  enough stated ,

Edited by chara
  • Love 1

After getting it fairly right for Sp@rs (1:0, 0:1 or a trouncing), letโ€™s have a go for Sunday.

0:4, Haaland hat-trick, deserved reds for Poch and Sanchez, Taylor's reffing perfect.

That should hex it.

• Haha 2