Matchday prediction  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Sheffield United win

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He was probably scared. 

I'm sure something would have been scaring him. 

eh.
SU were toilet the team and Chelsea were two nil up so why would an experienced coach bring his secrets attacking person fresh from a serious injury when the team is coasting. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Can someone else comment on Dudley‘s performance please? (Mudryk) I’ve been accused of having an agenda and using childish nicknames for him - not sure why.

Everyone else stopped passing to him at some point. No coincidence that both goals came from crosses from the opposite side. 

He did an interesting move where he took a few defenders on and then blasted a shot into the Shed Upper from about 30-40 yards. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We won! Maybe I shouldn’t watch anymore games, just in case I’m the bad luck charm!

Read some reports, sounds like we were crap, but fortunately have Palmer and Gallagher.

And yet Gallagher’s heavily linked with a move. If we sell him that might be it for me tbh 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Can someone else comment on Dudley‘s performance please? (Mudryk) I’ve been accused of having an agenda and using childish nicknames for him - not sure why.

15 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Everyone else stopped passing to him at some point. No coincidence that both goals came from crosses from the opposite side. 

He did an interesting move where he took a few defenders on and then blasted a shot into the Shed Upper from about 30-40 yards. 

Here it is:

https://cazn.me/m/e918ec

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

We are terrible. Get Nkunku on in the 2nd half, liven it up hopefully.

@east lower Pleasure to meet you at the game! Shame it hasn't been a game to remember so far. 

Likewise, great to get a face to the name. I always find that a face-to-face chat has so much more context than chatting on a forum or online and despite that first-half being a s**t-show all round I didn’t hear you moan once 😉and that’s so much more enjoyable than what I normally hear being me.

Gallagher, Palmer and Caicedo (in that order) being the stand-out performers. Caicedo looked so much better without Enzo, so some interesting times ahead. 

And I agree would have been nice to see Nkunku on the green stuff in earnest. 

I’m trying to not be disrespectful but Sheffield Utd were truly rubbish, as poor a football team as I’ve seen for a good while - that have PL status.

• Thanks 1

Well we did what a team in 12th place should do to the team in 20th place.  Waited for them to make an error H1, and then pressed a bit harder H2, and when we scored we did not take our foot off the pedal.
So all that was competent.
We did not look like a side in the top 8 though.  We looked pretty limitd, as if a better team than Sheff U would be harder to break down and would have scored.
XG at h/t was 0.09 to 0.20 which shows how toothless we were H1.  That it finished 3.27 - 0.44 (aka we scored 2 tap-ins out of 4) was mostly because Sheff U crumbled after our first goal.  Which was both predictable and justifies our patient approach H1.

Job done, tougher jobs await, particularly from End Jan.

Mudryk was comfortably our most effective player H1 then faded fast in H2 just as Palmer and Sterling woke up and started to play.  No idea why.
I'd say Jackson looked happier when he was playing behind Broja rather than as the front man.  But that might just be because he scored about 10m earlier.

I love watching Conor and Badiashile.  So much commitment and aggression in one, and so much cool in the other.  What will he look like at 39?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, east lower said:

Gallagher, Palmer and Caicedo (in that order) being the stand-out performers. Caicedo looked so much better without Enzo, so some interesting times ahead. 

we're playing (not today) Caicedo like he's a DM which he isnt and never was at Brighton. 

58 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

Numpty

Really?

Poch is clearly losing patience with him! Hauling him off every game. Openly critical of his performances and now dropping him to the bench. 

I'll ask this. When Nkunku is up to speed, who will Poch drop to fit in Enzo? I'll put money on it now that Enzo will be a clear second choice player by the end of next month and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't hand in a transfer request in the summer. Dreadful, dreadful waste of money!

50 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I think he suddenly thought he was Pele or something. Kind of thing you see kids do in the local park. Not a professional footballer though. 

4 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I think he suddenly thought he was Pele or something. Kind of thing you see kids do in the local park. Not a professional footballer though. 

He did the same with the Ukraine NT and scored. At least he's shooting no? He reminds me alot of Salah when he was with us....and he turned out okay

Edited by Miguelito07

3 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

He did the same with the Ukraine NT and scored. At least he's shooting no? He reminds me alot of Salah when he was with us....and he turned out okay

I actually feel sorry for him but I think he has an incredibly fragile mentality. Tries hard but I can't see him ever doing it for us.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I genuinely think there is something to Mudryk. This clip I posted, the beating of the 2 defenders is class, it's like a primitive primordial Hazard. The right coach (Hazard himself maybe?) could hone this diamond on the rough.

I feel like he has the speed and technique but lacks confidence and decision making. 

Can you teach a football brain? Judging by some of the regulars on here, I’m genuinely not sure if you can.

I just had a look, out of pure curiosity, at our goal scorers vs last season, just to see what the difference was.

Jackson has already out scored anyone from last season (8), last seasons top goal scorer across the whole season was Havertz (7). Palmer (6) and Sterling (6) have both matched Sterlings output from last season (6). Fernandez (3) has the same as Mount got last season (3) already as well.

This doesn’t mean a lot as last season was so bad, but it at least points to some sort of improvement… albeit limited and with a long way to go.

Grasping at straws? Probably.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1