JaneB

Matchday prediction  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Sheffield United win

Happy for the lads. 

Very interested to see how the next 5 or so go: Newcastle (H), Wolves (A), Palace (H), Luton (A), and Fulham (H).

Three against the teams around us and Luton who have been pretty hard to beat away.

Thought Shef U were absolute turd - they are going down!

Edited by Max Fowler

Just now, Miguelito07 said:

Schar and Joelington were taken off injured in the first half - not that it makes much of a difference nowadays

Every opposition player gets an injury boost just before the Chelsea game. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Schar and Joelington were taken off injured in the first half - not that it makes much of a difference nowadays

There's no G in Joelinton. I think you are think of Joseph Lington from your secondary school.

Oh and Shär has an umlaut - pronounced Share as in "looking forward to share the spoils with the Geordies".

Edited by Max Fowler
  • Haha 1

Glad we won, we should be able to build on this, I think the 2nd half of the season , we can push for a top 4 finish.  We have nothing to lose right now, we've been crap. I see City struggling until KDB returns, hopefully assanal suffers soon.  I cannot stand them and have nothing but disdain for them.

We need to get another striker in January due to AFCON. I have written off Jackson , he is a massive drop in quality .Then go hard for a real number 9( Victor Osimhen) in the summer. He is the real deal

I had more confidence in goal with  Petrovic. He seems calmer compared to the erratic Sanchez. His first start and we get a clean-sheet. Never looked nervous with the ball on his feet.  Looking more like a younger Courtious 

We must get a quality holding and sitting  DM to pair with Moises and maybe  Conor.  Enzo can be used to hold possession to close out games. It's almost a year and we still do not know what he brings to the team.  Palmer for me is the player of the season . Creates, scores, entertains and my goodness he makes me smile .

• Like 2

• JaneB changed the title to Chelsea 2 Sheffield United 0

I have many many clear memories of Chelsea players through the years bearing down on goal with three players...

Always surging's of hope and expectation even when it didn't lead to a goal,,BUT,,,Broja, Jackson and Enzo on the break together ?..... as inevitable a finish as a Three Stooges scene!

• Haha 1

Well the three points keeps us treading water. You could see our confidence was rock bottom first half but we kept going, got our goals and kept a clean sheet. Easy first game for our new keeper. 

Gallagher and Palmer were our brightest players I thought. And “Tap In” Jackson managed to find the net again. Poch should really just not play Broja though as any transfer fee value just plummets every time he’s on the pitch. We’ll be lucky to give him away at this rate. That was some cameo. Blimey. 

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

Broja though as any transfer fee value just plummets every time he’s on the pitch. We’ll be lucky to give him away at this rate. That was some cameo. Blimey. 

Really

he came on and replaced a headless chicken who for one did not miss a sitter from two feet 

Sheffield Untd must be one of the worst sides I have seen at SB for a long time...my question is how have they any points on the board?

Watching Burnley ...another "lost" side...add Luton and even the next sides above them must be taking heart,

Broja,,sigh,,,only plus I can come up with is by adding an I...and taking out the B...and that is beyond clutching at straws!

🐫