• Chelsea after 90min
    • Chelsea AET
    • Chelsea penalties
    • Liverpool after 90min
    • Liverpool AET
    • Liverpool penalties

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Of course mate.

I said at the time that I'd spoken to someone at the Liverpool game, at Anfield. By far and away the most reliable man I've ever met regarding anything Chelsea. He said before the game Pochettino was gone in the summer whatever happens.

Same man now saying that Jose is done.

It is what it is, nothing more than that but when you look at everything and have a think about it all its the only thing that makes sense.

Don't suppose he mentioned any possibility of it happening before the summer did he? 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I blame Poch 100%  for the disgraceful extra time, but can he or any manager be held responsible for players looking good one minute then making horrendous unforced errors the next? Imho, these ups and downs are just part of the growing pains of this set of players. I think we'll have then for a while regardless of who the manager is.

I think a manager can be held responsible for player inconsistency. It's about developing a winning mentality. If you go out on the pitch with the belief that you are better than the opposition and that you are going to win then more often than not you will win. Of course there is a fine line before you trip over into complacency but that is what the manager it paid for.

There was a saying back home in Wales in the 1970s that you may score more points than the national rugby team but you would never beat them. You always had the belief that they would come back from any losing position and eventually win and it was hugely surprising if they didn't. Much like the mentality bred into our squad by Mourinho. Pochettino will never provide that belief.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I watched this yesterday in a pub. Living in Newcastle, you rarely find Chelsea fans. However, you do find a LOT of Liverpool fans, mostly students.

Nonetheless, I sat there with my CFC shirt on with Enzo on the back. I spent 90 minutes having to listen to the extraordinarily annoying Scouse "banter." After the final whistle, much of the pub chanted "Enzo, give us a wave, Enzo Enzo give us a wave"

So I defiantly stood on the table and waved to the whole pub, to the standard "weeeeyyy" response.

I feel like I showed more fight in my inebriated state than our players and manager did in 30 minutes of extra time.

• Love 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Neither of them "walked away" we outbid them , that's how these things work , and we would have got Caicedo for £85m which was all we were prepared to pay before Liverpool came in at the last minute with a bid of £100m 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Neither of them "walked away" we outbid them , that's how these things work , and we would have got Caicedo for £85m which was all we were prepared to pay before Liverpool came in at the last minute with a bid of £100m 

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

What's your point? None of them anywhere near as good under Pochettino. None of them, the same can be said for the entire squad pretty much.

I haven't mentioned price tags so again not sure of your point? We outbid players other teams wanted? Shock horror, doesn't mean those teams didn't want the players.

What it means is that the other teams had a cap on a players value or the clubs expenditure and both went for options B at a lot lesser figure and are currently lying 1st & 3rd in the PL.

I wonder if either Mudryk and Caicedo feel in hindsight, they should have gone to the other clubs seeing where those clubs are in the league or maybe they knew their own limitations, and went for the project option knowing it guaranteed an 8 year pension. 

Edited by ROTG

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

@ROTG

You can keep blaming the players, that's fine, but you have to ask the question,  are those players playing at the same level they did previously? If the answer is no, which for me it is, then is it not fair to question the coaching set up?

We can't do anything about the board. We can't do anything about the players we have signed. We can, and will, do something about the manager.

Yes they are at the same level because a majority of the squad came from mid table teams. 

let’s ask you how many of the starting 11 yesterday would be in the starting 11 of the top 4-5 teams in the PL. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Interesting. Have to say, the more I think about it, would love it.

Would help the owners get some fans onside again too 

Not a chance in hell Jose could work with TBSD.  
remember during his MKll days, it was alleged he wanted Emenalo out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

What it means is that the other teams had a cap on a players value or the clubs expenditure and both went for options B at a lot lesser figure and are currently lying 1st & 3rd in the PL.

I wonder if either Mudryk and Caicedo feel in hindsight, they should have gone to the other clubs seeing where those clubs are in the league or maybe they knew their own limitations, and went for the project option knowing it guaranteed an 8 year pension. 

Yes I agree with that what we should perhaps have done is told Brighton to sell to Liverpool then but I think panic had set in at the boardroom level by then 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert19 said:

Don't suppose he mentioned any possibility of it happening before the summer did he? 

Unfortunately, at the time it was absolutely not.

Pochettino definitely gone, whatever happens, but not until the summer as they didn't want another situation like last year.

If we do go for Jose, or whoever to be fair,  I'd rather wait until the summer anyway, give him the whole pre season as opposed to bringing them in now to this mess.

• Like 1

Just now, east lower said:

And that’s fair enough, but the 🤡 is giving him 15 minute cameo’s. Almost impossible for him to firstly get fit and also get his mind in game mode.

Been back 10 weeks and available for 11 games.

He's started 2 and only twice played his best position. 

Just now, martin1905 said:

Been back 10 weeks and available for 11 games.

He's started 2 and only twice played his best position. 

Listen , you don't get to be a tactician by playing by the rules , you have to think outside the box so you can flex with your mates in the media 

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Apart from Palmer, who else since last January came from a top team?

I never said they did. I said they were playing at a much higher standard than they are for us, which they were, regardless of who they were playing for.

35 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

I watched this yesterday in a pub. Living in Newcastle, you rarely find Chelsea fans. However, you do find a LOT of Liverpool fans, mostly students.

Nonetheless, I sat there with my CFC shirt on with Enzo on the back. I spent 90 minutes having to listen to the extraordinarily annoying Scouse "banter." After the final whistle, much of the pub chanted "Enzo, give us a wave, Enzo Enzo give us a wave"

So I defiantly stood on the table and waved to the whole pub, to the standard "weeeeyyy" response.

I feel like I showed more fight in my inebriated state than our players and manager did in 30 minutes of extra time.

Not called @Proud-Blue for nothing.  Bravo to you 💙

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

Well, I was pretty drunk to be fair. So I guess I was also Pissed-Blue yesterday.

Weren't we all? Pissed off, mostly .....

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

Well, I was pretty drunk to be fair. So I guess I was also Pissed-Blue yesterday.

Only way to be watching that sh** show or watching Chelsea at all these days 😞

• Like 2