31 members have voted

1. 1. Who lifts the trophy and how?

• Chelsea after 90min
    • Chelsea AET
    • Chelsea penalties
    • Liverpool after 90min
    • Liverpool AET
    • Liverpool penalties

Bringing Jose back would be an act pure desperation. Everyone knows his method of playing is way outdated for the Premiership and that he's many years past his elite best. 

Fans being critical of Poch being negative but forget that Jose was sometimes sending the peaktime Chelsea out to park the bus. I remember one shameful away game at Athletico Madrid in the CL where we made hardly any attempt to cross the hallway line. The worst, most anti football game I've seen in my life!

At least go for a manager who plays modern day, attacking, aggressive football. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Bringing Jose back would be an act pure desperation. Everyone knows his method of playing is way outdated for the Premiership and that he's many years past his elite best. 

Fans being critical of Poch being negative but forget that Jose was sometimes sending the peaktime Chelsea out to park the bus. I remember one shameful away game at Athletico Madrid in the CL where we made hardly any attempt to cross the hallway line. The worst, most anti football game I've seen in my life!

And the flip side of that coin is I remember many games where we blew the opposition away whilst playing both Duff & Robben.

Ancelotti might be better at it, but does anyone think he’ll end up here - no chance.

12 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

For every negative game from Jose there are 10 where we absolutely destroyed teams.

The park the bus, boring, defensive,  negative football was made up by the media, I'm still amazed any Chelsea fans buy into it. Of course there was a time and a place to play more cautious but it certainly wasn't the norm. Far from it.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, east lower said:

Better than being pissed on………………….so I hear😉

Depends on who is paying, and how much ... to quote Donald ...

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Last time her was in the Premier league he came second. 

Look where United are now. 

15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You've got to hand it to them they're very loyal to their mate. 

When you’ve got your inside man close and probably feeding stories through intermediaries, you’d be minded to keep them onside.

Edited by east lower
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Depends on who is paying, and how much ... to quote Donald ...

It’s part of a response one of my previous Directors used to say to people who moaned about being pissed-off.

He’d say “better than being pissed-on, but not as good as being pissed-up”.

Not sure he’d get along to well in these ‘enlightened’ but extremely sterile times in the workplace!!!

The London is Blue podcast is very down after the game and says many of the same things we are hearing here. In summary, they think the rest of the season will be tough and that there are hard decisions to make. They think they have to look at the players, the coaching staff, especially. Poch, Winstanley et al., and even the owners need to see what has gone right and what has not and to start fixing the problems involving some tough decisions now because otherwise, the rest of the season will be a disaster. The overriding impression is that they think, at best, Poch has it all to do if he wants to stay into next season. They also don't understand substitutes. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

The London is Blue podcast is very down after the game and says many of the same things we are hearing here. In summary, they think the rest of the season will be tough and that there are hard decisions to make. They think they have to look at the players, the coaching staff, especially. Poch, Winstanley et al., and even the owners need to see what has gone right and what has not and to start fixing the problems involving some tough decisions now because otherwise, the rest of the season will be a disaster. The overriding impression is that they think, at best, Poch has it all to do if he wants to stay into next season. They also don't understand substitutes. 

Tbh NOTHING has gone right. Look what they inherited and look what we have. We couldn’t even get a shirt sponsor for months for God’s sake. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/26/football-daily-email-liverpool-chelsea-carabao-cup-final?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

A bit of perspective. Unusual to have someone in the media defend us, particularly against the Kloppfest shite.

Blimey a positive article about Chelsea in the Guardian. 

Has there been a Zombie apocalypse? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Blimey a positive article about Chelsea in the Guardian. 

Has there been a Zombie apocalypse? 

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Even more amazing. It's Glendenning who dislikes us with a vengence.

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

They clearly don’t need their easiest target (for most of the time) becoming successful or ‘friendliest’ coach being goonered. 

Maintain things as they are = easy money for the journalists.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

This.  100,000% agree.  Not mention Liverpool in 2007, where we just tried to defend the first leg lead and failed miserably, and lost a disastrous penalty shootout.    The Jose of 2003-2010 is dead finished, kapputt.   Of the 5 title winners the 2015 model was the least impressive by some distance, with 2017 team not much better, they got shown up the following year.  Oh for 2003, 2006  and 2010!

Edited by blueandproud

Every option has positives and negatives. Noone should pretend Jose is any different. Some will say he has more bad than good but to pretend he is an outrageously terrible option is ludicrous. Every option carries inherent risks.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Every option has positives and negatives. Noone should pretend Jose is any different. Some will say he has more bad than good but to pretend he is an outrageously terrible option is ludicrous. Every option carries inherent risks.

Honestly, Max. I’m still, even now, staggered how we even considered Graham Potter. Staggered. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Honestly, Max. I’m still, even now, staggered how we even considered Graham Potter. Staggered. 

Wait until you see who the next guy is. Apparently Thomas Frank has been rumoured recently. Don’t forget Kompany was on our previous final 3.

Edited by Max Fowler

35 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Wait until you see who the next guy is. Apparently Thomas Frank has been rumoured recently. Don’t forget Kompany was on our previous final 3.

🙈😬

Re your post quoting every manager would be in trouble with this team, that may be true. And because no care or thought appeared to be used in putting together this shower of a squad, it’s too late to do anything about it now. So whoever comes in should as @Mark Kelly would say, just coach them. Get them organised and instil some strength and leadership. If that means one or two signings then fine. And ship out the rubbish even if it means a hit.