1. 1. Who lifts the trophy and how?

• Chelsea after 90min
    • Chelsea AET
    • Chelsea penalties
    • Liverpool after 90min
    • Liverpool AET
    • Liverpool penalties

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I like you plenty Max , don't worry about that.

The other bit is my opinion , I'm interested what other people think but this opinion is solely mine and I will be the clown when I am proved to be wrong when Pochettino wins something , I however don't think I have much to worry about.

We're not going to get Clearlake out , they've made numerous mistakes , starting with having no "football" people about to advise them and then apparently getting the wrong football people in to advise them .

I think the players are fine , are they prime Drogba , Lampard and Terry , of course not but they're equally as good or better than many of their peer group sitting further up the table than Chelsea , the difference is generally the abilities of their club coaches getting the best out of them , we played City and Liverpool recently and our awful players matched them until the coach made it so they were unable to . 

He's a dud , a fraud , a coward , a clown , a charlatan other than that he's smashing .

I have stuck by my opinion of Pochettino for weeks and weeks now  , the same as I did when I was blaming the old players for their performances under Potter and Lampard , that's again my opinion and one that I believe I am right to think that many of the players we had then were ready to go and didn't want to take the swingeing pay cuts that the new board were determined to bring in .

It's a forum , everyone is allowed to say what they like when they like , that's how it works , I'm fairly sure that the mods aren't sitting on comments that would back you up and go against what I'm saying , I do have strong and often polarising opinions on Chelsea and many other things of interest but they are genuinely held and not said for effect , this place for me is very much like the local watering hole for me , like going to the pub with your mates and chewing the fat before and after a game and personally I'd rather read any number of the posters on here's views ( even yours lol) than any football writer spewing agenda driven cobblers in the media for money .

In a nutshell , I'm happy if you disagree with me ,that's what it's all about .

Nice post Mark...sums up the overall tone of the Forum.

I've underlined where I think the main issue stems from..imho.

I have lived in The States for 25 years,,doesn't make me an expert,,it's a huge nation and Colorado..for example is totally different from say Florida but the one thing that has stood out for me over the years is that the successful business people are willing to admit errors and seek an answer rather than just ploughing on..it may seem to us that the Regime at present are "ploughing on" but in real time they have only been here a short while and the "Potter" mistep was soon put aside and although I feel the wrong advisers were brought in they did try to change the confused,,as much a product of HMG's attentions...situation they brought into...not defending them at all just hoping they have enough bottle to change things,,,my other question is who advised them regarding the advisers? Seems to me maybe an agenda or two sneaked in ?

• Agree 1

One last point, normally when we appear on Sky, Gary Neville is usually behind us, however this time out, heavily outnumbered by Kenny Dalglish's daughter, two ex Liverpool captains and an ex Liverpool striker it was like he'd been made to join the cabal. 

I suppose in picking on us he could deflect from the almost equally pathetic fist of it United have been making of things since Mourinho left them. 

• Agree 1

"Sky Sports are reporting that Liverpool are to be stripped of the Carabao Cup as several of the players tested positive for Calpol."

We're so inconsequential and irrelevant that even the memes are wholesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

"Sky Sports are reporting that Liverpool are to be stripped of the Carabao Cup as several of the players tested positive for Calpol."

We're so inconsequential and irrelevant that even the memes are wholesome.

Should be gripe water, cod liver oil or  tixyliks. OG moment 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

According to Phil McNulty we lost this game to a "young and injury ravaged side". Strange, given that we were younger, with more injuries and their last minute goal was scored by one of their older players. Such is the easy mythologisation of football.

9 hours ago, Sciatika said:

According to Phil McNulty we lost this game to a "young and injury ravaged side". Strange, given that we were younger, with more injuries and their last minute goal was scored by one of their older players. Such is the easy mythologisation of football.

And he's a Liverpool supporter anyway .