31 members have voted

1. 1. Who lifts the trophy and how?

• Chelsea after 90min
    • Chelsea AET
    • Chelsea penalties
    • Liverpool after 90min
    • Liverpool AET
    • Liverpool penalties

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Carabao Cup Final match against Liverpool at Wembley Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hours on Sunday, 25th February 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

8 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Well … it was Home for quite a while. Wonder if we’ll be allocated the Green Man this year?

ps we have - https://www.brent.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-travel/parking/wembley-event-day-parking/match-days

I waa working out the other day whether we have been at Wembley more than Spurs in the last 20 years, despite Spurs having it as a home ground for a season.

We have. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I waa working out the other day whether we have been at Wembley more than Spurs in the last 20 years, despite Spurs having it as a home ground for a season.

We have. 

Just did the maths, turns out we haven't, but it's mighty close:

32 domestic appearances by Spurs at New Wembley 

31 domestic appearances by Chelsea at New Wembley 

So let's just conveniently change the stat to (in the PL era):

32 domestic appearances by Spurs at Wembley

38 domestic appearances by Chelsea at Wembley

Edit: Ok there are 13 more games they played there in the following season that I missed. Anyway point still firmly stands! We have been to Wembley nearly as much as a team that actually had it as a home stadium. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

My tickets arrived yesterday and, can't lie, had a "why am I doing this to myself again?" moment. Genuinely would rather lose in 90 minutes than watch them win on penalties again.

Probably the first final since the CL 2021 where we are very firmly the underdogs, which itself was probably the first since 2012. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

My tickets arrived yesterday and, can't lie, had a "why am I doing this to myself again?" moment. Genuinely would rather lose in 90 minutes than watch them win on penalties again.

Probably the first final since the CL 2021 where we are very firmly the underdogs, which itself was probably the first since 2012. 

A client at work is a multiple Season Ticket Holder and has got me a ticket.

I just want to feel that buzz of a big day at Wembley again. I was at both finals in 2022 too haha. The result is a lottery.

Que sera, sera...

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Here are the correct final figures:

PL Era:

51 domestic appearances by Spurs at Wembley

38 domestic appearances by Chelsea at Wembley

Is that at new Wembley, or Wembley since the PL started?

6 hours ago, Zlen said:

Hey everyone,

I'm a Liverpool fan looking to organise a collaborative thread with people from this (and other Chelsea) forum ahead of our League Cup final game. Basically get a good view from the other side, see how Chelsea fans feel about the game, their season, manager and so on. Not sure if it's something you'd want to do, perhaps moderation can either confirm it's ok or tell me to take a walk. Not looking to troll anyone, it's really just about getting a decent opposition view.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm...respect for coming in peace but just speaking for myself I find it very difficult to get involved with any pre game analysis with you guys.

You sound like a real football fan but I'm not sure that many others would handle such a give and take discussion with your sincerity.

I am not a blue blind poster,,,well not completely..and lived in N Wales long enough to have a familiarity with your City.

Just my view and not a rejection of your idea. It's up to each member here to respond as they see fit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Zlen said:

Hey everyone,

I'm a Liverpool fan looking to organise a collaborative thread with people from this (and other Chelsea) forum ahead of our League Cup final game. Basically get a good view from the other side, see how Chelsea fans feel about the game, their season, manager and so on. Not sure if it's something you'd want to do, perhaps moderation can either confirm it's ok or tell me to take a walk. Not looking to troll anyone, it's really just about getting a decent opposition view.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds good to me! (I'm not a moderator though) 

Edited by Max Fowler
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Zlen said:

Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance.

I’m a bit unsure what the ask is to be honest?

12 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’m a bit unsure what the ask is to be honest?

I don't think any of us here think the Mods need to concern themselves with any approval of the suggestion rather they do keep an eye on the content should it get out of hand and turn out to be a Troll bit of mischief.

If other Forums are involved I would think a neutral site would work better as I can't see scouse fans joining another forum to discuss one game.

Somewhat of a moot  point for me as I am with Khobar all the way!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Zlen said:

Sorry, I should have explained it better. The ask is for me to open a thread with some questions regarding this game (or leave the questions here) and you can reply to all of them or just ones you find interesting. I would later collect answers from this (and other Chelsea forums) and create a 'Spyin Kop' thread on RAWK where I scribble. It's basically an opposition view - preview thread.  I always found them interesting, as you never have the same perspective like those who closely follow the other team.

I'm not on a trolling mission, really I'm too old for that shit.
Just genuinely want to hear people's oppinions ahead of the match.

Hope that helps, not sure if moderation is around, if you're ok with it I can either open a new thread or leave the questions here.
Thanks.

You’re more than welcome to leave the questions here and I’m sure you’ll get some answers. 👍🏻

• Like 1

OK..I'm really an OG in every way so please indulge an old man's possibly unwarranted concerns.... when ever I read a post game hys postings anywhere ..mainly Guardian/BBC..I usually give up in despair as the inevitable tribal comments start to overwhelm any real game comments..mainly from the scouse lot and the manure lot...regardless of any relevant involvement and as often as not no relevance to the game in question,

The questions set out by our very polite, literate visitor reek to me of a journalistic trawling effort...The sort of innocent questions that can be easily twisted toi reflect badly on us and our club...I enjoy reading other viewpoints but in general have little interest in the in depth discussions of other fans regarding theirclub internal matters or any discussion here similar to the recent on loan performance of one of our youngsters.

Just my puzzled view .... WHY?

Again, I sit quietly in Khobars long shadow.

Apologies if I am out of order and/or wrong and by no means intend insult.

Sometimes, seeing comments on the boards of other clubs can be quite fun. For instance, I saw this comment on Bluemoon in relation to the Chelsea-Liverpool final:

I’m here to predict a 4-0 Chelsea win. Van Dijk own goal and Klopp tears at the final whistle and the headlines the next day about what a sad day for football it is that Liverpool lost.

Please note that Bluemoon is no relation to me - mine was down to Chelsea winning the CL once in a blue moon in 2012. They seem to come along every 9 years these days ….. 

Edited by Blue Moon
Negation omitted …
  • Haha 3