1. 1. Who lifts the trophy and how?

• Chelsea after 90min
    • Chelsea AET
    • Chelsea penalties
    • Liverpool after 90min
    • Liverpool AET
    • Liverpool penalties

12 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

So with their injuries and an extra game in the lead up, we can't have any complaints. 

I agree. And speaking for myself - the Chelsea I want to be a part of is one who wins when the whole world hates us, not one who complains when things don't go our way. Could bias creep in at times to refereeing decisions, influenced by stadiums, managers etc.? Sure. Does the media tilt towards over-romanticising Liverpool? I guess. But I see a lot of mutual respect out there for Chelsea among pundits - the Chelsea that we were, and if anyone can show me hard evidence that the officiating has been corrupt in favour of Liverpool for season after season then I'd love to see it (hint - there is no evidence for this conspiracy). No complaints - no "the game is rigged any way - we can't win". Because we are the Chelsea and we are the best, we are the Chelsea so... 

• Agree 1

On 17/02/2024 at 22:15, Ham said:

Nothing anti-Silva.  More a case of pro the alternative. 

Silva is, and will always be, a legend but time has caught up with him. 

Unless the manager decides to go three at the back and opt for the defensive approach because that's always been successful in the past.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Now Salah is rumoured to potentially be out? Lol...

1 hour ago, Ham said:

They will both start as will one or two others on the list. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep the "nine" will soon become "two" by Sunday .

The good thing is though, is that they can't afford to mess about with tonight's game. there is too much at stake at the top of the table. 

So there is every chance one or two are wheeled out without being fully fit.........

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The good thing is though, is that they can't afford to mess about with tonight's game. there is too much at stake at the top of the table. 

So there is every chance one or two are wheeled out without being fully fit.........

It’s now moving from a cannot win to an embarrassing if we don’t win for me!

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't know why that is , they beat us like a Ginger step child  recently 

I mean they have a lot of key players out  and a midweek game and it’s not at anfield

Edited by Max Fowler

12 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I mean they have a lot of key players out  and a midweek game and it’s not at anfield

Amuses me how quick you are to make excuses for the opposition but you refuse to accept the same on behalf of your own club. 

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Amuses me how quick you are to make excuses for the opposition but you refuse to accept the same on behalf of your own club. 

I don’t make excuses. I only focus my attention on circumstances in our control, unlike some. If we’ve got a dodgy ref, we deal with it. If they are understrength, we work out how to capitalise. From a Chelsea perspective, we should clearly now expect to win. Because our standards are to win, and no excuse can deny that, I will never let that slip. Realism dictated it was impossible a couple of weeks ago. Their circumstances and our recent form dictates we now should expect to win.

I replied to the BBC's request for reactions to their injury situation, but strangely they chose not to publish my comments. I checked the LFC website, and it seems they are only really commenting on who is available for the Luton game, so, as likely as not, Salah, Nunez, and maybe Szoboszlai may be available for the weekend. In theory, we can win this game, but we are certainly not favourites. I expect a lot of fouls to be given to them in dangerous positions for the most minimal contact. Quads to win and all that.  

• Agree 2

On 16/02/2024 at 19:41, chara said:

OK..I'm really an OG in every way so please indulge an old man's possibly unwarranted concerns.... when ever I read a post game hys postings anywhere ..mainly Guardian/BBC..I usually give up in despair as the inevitable tribal comments start to overwhelm any real game comments..mainly from the scouse lot and the manure lot...regardless of any relevant involvement and as often as not no relevance to the game in question,

The questions set out by our very polite, literate visitor reek to me of a journalistic trawling effort...The sort of innocent questions that can be easily twisted toi reflect badly on us and our club...I enjoy reading other viewpoints but in general have little interest in the in depth discussions of other fans regarding theirclub internal matters or any discussion here similar to the recent on loan performance of one of our youngsters.

Just my puzzled view .... WHY?

Again, I sit quietly in Khobars long shadow.

Apologies if I am out of order and/or wrong and by no means intend insult.

Totally agree, don't do the bbc these days but the guardian gets some annoying trolls many of whom seem to attach themselves to Liverpool for whatever reason. Luckily they dont tend to infiltrate chelsea reports as much as before unless we are playing them. Theres a few fantastic posters on the guardian, often wondered if they also come on here.

47 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

, so, as likely as not, Salah, Nunez, and maybe Szoboszlai may be available for the weekend.

Hopefully they all start and limp off in the first half. 

Mind you, the FA would probably call the game off. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

I don’t make excuses. I only focus my attention on circumstances in our control, unlike some. If we’ve got a dodgy ref, we deal with it. If they are understrength, we work out how to capitalise. From a Chelsea perspective, we should clearly now expect to win. Because our standards are to win, and no excuse can deny that, I will never let that slip. Realism dictated it was impossible a couple of weeks ago. Their circumstances and our recent form dictates we now should expect to win.

Precisely. You don't make excuses for Chelsea.  If we don't win, it's the players or the coaching or TB.  

Not the injuries we've had for 2 years. 

I just hope that we turn up and give them a proper game unlike the nonsense at Anfield where we capitulated after conceding a second. Hopefully the defence are sharper and we win the midfield battle unlike the other game. Up front we have a fitter Nkunku and Jackson so we should be able to cause them problems. Palmer wasnt great at anfield either so hopefully he has one of his better games too. But the key to it is winning our battles physically and staying alert to their danger up front.  They are an opponent that can look unthreatening and in the blink of an eye create a goal. I hope that our young lads dont freeze on the day.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Hopefully they all start and limp off in the first half. 

Mind you, the FA would probably call the game off. 

And award it to Liverpool..to placate the rest of the football fan world as everyone's second team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Precisely. You don't make excuses for Chelsea.  If we don't win, it's the players or the coaching or TB.  

Not the injuries we've had for 2 years. 

If I was a Liverpool fan, I would not be making excuses either. Given how Chelsea have performed over the season, they should expect to win the cup!