• Liverpool AET
    • Liverpool penalties

I feel sure Tennyson was writing about Chelsea as we are:

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I am not at all offended @My Blood Is Blue - but I also think it is unhelpful, as I have stated previously, to refer to Chelsea fans as spoilt, entitled, obsessed with the past etc. There is no incongruence between being critical and being grateful. Of course, I feel incredibly lucky to be a Chelsea fan altogether and have seen so much success. But you seem to be implying that because of that I am not allowed to be critical, or somehow that my criticism implies a psychological issue that could be resolved.

What if part of the enjoyment I get from being a Chelsea fan right now is holding our owners' feet to the fire? I am just being honest about how I feel - I think it makes an interesting conversation and that's part of why I come on here, much more so than to listen to endless complaints about media bias, Liverpool etc. etc. Personally, I think you would be better served going after some of the endless complaints about referees, on here how the whole game is rigged, how the entire media landscape hates Chelsea - is that healthy or enjoyable to listen to? I would rather focus my attention on things inside our control - and the owners count as that.

And that is not to take away any enjoyment from today - if we beat Liverpool handsomely then you can't take anything away from the boys. It's just a fact we've had a fairly pathetic cup run and it would feel differently if we'd have dumped City and United out along the way. But the fact we're playing Liverpool, it's a huge challenge and opportunity for us to prove something meaningful.

Max, I’m not telling you not to post how you feel or to not post about opinions, that is absolutely what CFCnet is for, I was simply giving you my opinion. Also, I’m not ‘going after anyone’ and I never have and never will! I was just simply suggesting that what you had written and how you had written it, could come across as spoilt. I was also suggesting that, regardless of how we’ve got there, we’re there and so let’s just enjoy the day, rather than discussing why it may not feel as special as it could etc. Just enjoy it.

The cup run hasn’t been as ‘pathetic’ as you call it in my opinion, we’ve knocked out Brighton and Newcastle, 2 teams above us and 1 managed by the great De Zerbi!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I hate when people put unnecessary letter Es after a word for emphasis.

It doesn't emphasise the word. It changes it to something else altogether.  By all means have extra letter Is or letter Vs. 

What is "Livey?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Max, I’m not telling you not to post how you feel or to not post about opinions, that is absolutely what CFCnet is for, I was simply giving you my opinion. Also, I’m not ‘going after anyone’ and I never have and never will! I was just simply suggesting that what you had written and how you had written it, could come across as spoilt. I was also suggesting that, regardless of how we’ve got there, we’re there and so let’s just enjoy the day, rather than discussing why it may not feel as special as it could etc. Just enjoy it.

The cup run hasn’t been as ‘pathetic’ as you call it in my opinion, we’ve knocked out Brighton and Newcastle, 2 teams above us and 1 managed by the great De Zerbi!

I know 😄 I will be looking out for you ensuring others enjoy the day when the endless complaints about refereeing decisions, commentary, media etc. rolls in. Doesn't seem to me to represent simply "enjoying the day" or being "grateful" either!!!!!

• Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I know 😄 I will be looking out for you ensuring others enjoy the day when the endless complaints about refereeing decisions, commentary, media etc. rolls in. Doesn't seem to me to represent simply "enjoying the day" or being "grateful" either!!!!!

Yeah , we should just enjoy the refereeing as they pour with forensic detail over any way to stop us winning whilst allowing blatant handball , book our players for dissent and kicking the ball away and ignore it when the opposition elbow our players in the face on purpose and kick us every time we get the ball , we really should be grateful for them allowing us to join in with Jurgens ascension .

24 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I think you are entirely missing the point of my posts. I'm not saying people can't and shouldn't have a moan, of course they should and will, it's football, so it is just part of it. What I was pointing out about your post was that you seem to have already painted this final negatively, before it has even started. It feels like you're going into it with a 'can't win' attitude... even if we win, it doesn't mean as much because the owners are crap and we had an easy run to the final. I was just suggesting that maybe go into it and enjoy it for what it is, a final at Wembley and a chance to win a trophy. Does winning it mean any of us change our opinions on the owners and how they've run the club so far? Maybe, but in the main, probably not, but it's not going to make me enjoy the afternoon any less.

I am glad that you didn't take too much offence to my original post as I originally mentioned, as it was just a counter view to yours, expressing my view that I'm excited about the final regardless of everything else that is going on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think you are entirely missing the point of my posts. I'm not saying people can't and shouldn't have a moan, of course they should and will, it's football, so it is just part of it. What I was pointing out about your post was that you seem to have already painted this final negatively, before it has even started. It feels like you're going into it with a 'can't win' attitude... even if we win, it doesn't mean as much because the owners are crap and we had an easy run to the final. I was just suggesting that maybe go into it and enjoy it for what it is, a final at Wembley and a chance to win a trophy. Does winning it mean any of us change our opinions on the owners and how they've run the club so far? Maybe, but in the main, probably not, but it's not going to make me enjoy the afternoon any less.

I am glad that you didn't take too much offence to my original post as I originally mentioned, as it was just a counter view to yours, expressing my view that I'm excited about the final regardless of everything else that is going on.

But the irony is that many others on here are also "painting the final negatively" - "the game is corrupt!" "the refs are biased!" the media is desperate for Liverpool to win!" "we can't win anyway!" "If we lose it was because the whole of football wanted us to lose!"

You still refuse to call out this boring nonsense of the highest order and yet call me out for framing the final negatively? 😄

Again - I know it's not personal and it's all in good fun, but I am bored stiff of the conspiracies and complaints. Of course people have a right to their opinion too, but this is not the loveable "Chelsea against the world!" mentality this is Chelsea fans have turned into conspiracy theorists as a way to avoid actually criticising the real problems at our club and doing something to change it.

7 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

But the irony is that many others on here are also "painting the final negatively" - "the game is corrupt!" "the refs are biased!" the media is desperate for Liverpool to win!" "we can't win anyway!" "If we lose it was because the whole of football wanted us to lose!"

You still refuse to call out this boring nonsense of the highest order and yet call me out for framing the final negatively? 😄

Again - I know it's not personal and it's all in good fun, but I am bored stiff of the conspiracies and complaints. Of course people have a right to their opinion too, but this is not the loveable "Chelsea against the world!" mentality this is Chelsea fans have turned into conspiracy theorists as a way to avoid actually criticising the real problems at our club and doing something to change it.

I'm not refusing to call out anything. If I disagree with something on here and have the time to post, I will, but actually in relation to the points you're referring to in terms of referees and the media bias towards Liverpool, I hate to break it to you, but I probably disagree with you on that as well. I don't see how you can have eyes and ears and not think the media don't want Klopp and Liverpool to win today?! Just look at @JonnyCFC's post above! I also, don't know how you can watch our matches, in particular recent finals we've been in and not question the refereeing decisions that have occurred...

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I feel sure Tennyson was writing about Chelsea as we are:

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Beautiful. 

17 minutes ago, JonnyCFC said:

And the bias is in our imagination?

IMG_1177.jpeg

Why is that a big problem though?

That's not saying they want Liverpool to win - that's just saying it's a big deal because it's the last few cups Klopp will compete in. If Jose had stayed for 10 years they would be saying the same thing.

12 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'm not refusing to call out anything. If I disagree with something on here and have the time to post, I will, but actually in relation to the points you're referring to in terms of referees and the media bias towards Liverpool, I hate to break it to you, but I probably disagree with you on that as well. I don't see how you can have eyes and ears and not think the media don't want Klopp and Liverpool to win today?! Just look at @JonnyCFC's post above! I also, don't know how you can watch our matches, in particular recent finals we've been in and not question the refereeing decisions that have occurred...

I just don't see "media bias" as some massive issue we need to get worked up about. I see a huge amount of respect from pundits towards Chelsea and what we achieved - Carragher talks about us all the time in glowing fashion as one example. 

And the compilation above - I am sorry I don't know what to do with that. There are a lot of marginal calls taken out of the context of the games which I can't honestly remember. Perhaps there were other marginal calls in our favour, there usually are.

The blatant example that sticks in the memory was Barcelona when Drogba called the ref a "disgrace" - otherwise if you can show any actual statistical evidence we have more decisions against us I would love to see it. 

A rehashed compilation won't do it - every club thinks they have decisions against them and we can do better.

Here's hoping my current annoyance at England's fumbling catastrophe in Murrayfield and things going sour in the cricket will be  replaced by pleasure in a cup win over Liverpool!

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I just don't see "media bias" as some massive issue we need to get worked up about. I see a huge amount of respect from pundits towards Chelsea and what we achieved - Carragher talks about us all the time in glowing fashion as one example. 

And the compilation above - I am sorry I don't know what to do with that. There are a lot of marginal calls taken out of the context of the games which I can't honestly remember. Perhaps there were other marginal calls in our favour, there usually are.

The blatant example that sticks in the memory was Barcelona when Drogba called the ref a "disgrace" - otherwise if you can show any actual statistical evidence we have more decisions against us I would love to see it. 

A rehashed compilation won't do it - every club thinks they have decisions against them and we can do better.

The offsides are marginal calls, yeah.

Arsenal handball and then offisde, marginal?

Kovacic second yellow after having his foot stamped on, marginal?

Chalobah requiring stitches after getting studs in his leg and not even a yellow give, marginal?

What context changes any of these things? 

If that's what you genuinely believe, then I'll end this debate now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Chalobah requiring stitches after getting studs in his leg and not even a yellow give, marginal?

Even if we got those 4 decisions against us, no statistician would argue that that proves we have referee bias against us. Any number of options for and against us is possible - if you flip a coin four times at some point you will get heads or tails four times in a row. 

22 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Well, despite all that, I’m at Wembley today and intend to enjoy myself. Yes, this year I’ll be going alone, Johnny no-mates, couldn’t get a ticket for the boy. 

Same, couldn't get my Dad a ticket. WEMBLEY WEMBLEY WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC AND WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY (AGAIN!) 

31 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

In any case, you think the referees are against us, I think our owners are against us.

We're both complaining - how can you tell me to just enjoy it when you are doing the same thing? 

😀

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

In any case, you think the referees are against us, I think our owners are against us.

We're both complaining - how can you tell me to just enjoy it when you are doing the same thing? 

😀

The owners are against us ?

Why would they be destroying their investment?

What's in it for them to do that?

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Against the best interests of the club 

To make their investment work they need the club to be successful so they can reap the benefits.

They're not very good at it granted but they're not against the best interests of it.

I don't think they'll be half as gutted if we win today as you will be.

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Sincerely hope we do (stick it to them).. Also hope that block 538 has more than tourists and “the silent majority”.  Won’t forget in a hurry the Windsmore clad “lady who told me to be quiet as I was damaging her enjoyment”. I was singing “blue is the colour”. Any repeat gets “Celery” ….

You should have asked if she had got the event confused with the Flower Show!

I do recall a match in the Away End at Old Trafford when Dixon was playing and the fans were so noisy you could not hear the person next to you until  we sang ten men went to mow, and the whole end crouched even the couple with a bowler hat and the lady wearing office wear. A hard fought 0-0. 

The atmosphere exploded when we got to ten men  as the all the Utd fans sang against us and my ears just buzzed with noise. Nothing topped if after not even FA finals.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Why is that a big problem though?

That's not saying they want Liverpool to win - that's just saying it's a big deal because it's the last few cups Klopp will compete in. If Jose had stayed for 10 years they would be saying the same thing.

Oh Max 😞