31 members have voted

1. 1. Who lifts the trophy and how?

• Chelsea after 90min
    • Chelsea AET
    • Chelsea penalties
    • Liverpool after 90min
    • Liverpool AET
    • Liverpool penalties

Hmm Silva..Possibly ?..... that is a coded word to the hacks ...media fodder for  "I absolutely know he (or any player)will or wont start but let the opposition worry about that ,,be worried or relieved as they see fit"...just the same as Klopp's "last minute" fitness checks..it's Friday before a big Sunday game......both sides know exactly who is available and who they may or may not risk. (Same as most of us can make a good stab at knowing)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Tremendous guy , lovely guy .

Shit coach 

…of a shit team. I hate saying that but to me anyway, it’s true. This is one of the weakest, softest and poorest Chelsea squads I’ve seen since I started supporting in 1979. Just my view. For me we are at the point where as long as we fight and don’t disgrace ourselves (yet again) that’s seen as some kind of positive. Comfortable 2-0/3-1 to them or a 4-0 hiding imo. It’ll be a decade before we’re back even close to top 4. IMO. Of course I don’t want to be right but I call it as I personally see it. And while Poch is partially responsible you can’t, imo, NOT blame the players and owners too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

…of a shit team. I hate saying that but to me anyway, it’s true. This is one of the weakest, softest and poorest Chelsea squads I’ve seen since I started supporting in 1979. Just my view. For me we are at the point where as long as we fight and don’t disgrace ourselves (yet again) that’s seen as some kind of positive. Comfortable 2-0/3-1 to them or a 4-0 hiding imo. It’ll be a decade before we’re back even close to top 4. IMO. Of course I don’t want to be right but I call it as I personally see it. And while Poch is partially responsible you can’t, imo, NOT blame the players and owners too. 

Agree, of course, with all that Matt but remember the catalyst was HMG...at a natural football   "tipping" time at Chelsea.when change was needed ..aging players, a coach with some questions being asked of etc ... even if the need was not fully recognized HMG came in and completely halted any likely "adjustments" and in truth looking back it is something of a minor miracle that Chelsea still survives as an EPL side..albeit on harder times but still standing with the potential for regrowth however slow.

I for one will never forget or forgive HMG (I include all parties) for the cowardly way "they" used Chelsea as a political tool when RA could have been sanctioned without the public need to trample all over a Football entity  ,,the equally cowardly lack of Football 's hierarchy and the mythical "Football Family" support of Chelsea still leaves a bad taste.

The present roller coaster or rather slow tram times at Chelsea we will get through but never forget where  the real nearly fatal wound came from...Et Tu Brute?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

…of a shit team. I hate saying that but to me anyway, it’s true. This is one of the weakest, softest and poorest Chelsea squads I’ve seen since I started supporting in 1979. Just my view

If you really started supporting Chelsea in 1979, you would have seen us play in the old division 2 a few times in the 80s, and the early 90s, 14th was a good season.

You might make the argument, not unreasonably, that quality versus money spent is far worse now, but the idea that this current squad is worse (in pure ability terms) than any of the Chelsea teams from 79-95 ish, is just untrue. 

2 hours ago, chara said:

Agree, of course, with all that Matt but remember the catalyst was HMG...at a natural football   "tipping" time at Chelsea.when change was needed ..aging players, a coach with some questions being asked of etc ... even if the need was not fully recognized HMG came in and completely halted any likely "adjustments" and in truth looking back it is something of a minor miracle that Chelsea still survives as an EPL side..albeit on harder times but still standing with the potential for regrowth however slow.

I for one will never forget or forgive HMG (I include all parties) for the cowardly way "they" used Chelsea as a political tool when RA could have been sanctioned without the public need to trample all over a Football entity  ,,the equally cowardly lack of Football 's hierarchy and the mythical "Football Family" support of Chelsea still leaves a bad taste.

The present roller coaster or rather slow tram times at Chelsea we will get through but never forget where  the real nearly fatal wound came from...Et Tu Brute?

Yes I totally agree - my views on HMG’s role are well-known in how they were happy to take dirty money from all over the world for decades and yet they target Roman, a truly great man who has employed so many people and helped the economy.

My other upset about this is how the new owners have messed it all up. Too much too soon spent on players who are just not up to it in terms of intelligence, skill and mental/physical strength.

Edited by Chelsea_Matt

59 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If you really started supporting Chelsea in 1979, you would have seen us play in the old division 2 a few times in the 80s, and the early 90s, 14th was a good season.

You might make the argument, not unreasonably, that quality versus money spent is far worse now, but the idea that this current squad is worse (in pure ability terms) than any of the Chelsea teams from 79-95 ish, is just untrue. 

First game August 79. 3-1 v Wrexham. West stand. Note I said one of the worst. The Hurst teams were shocking. 

In my view it’s as bad because it’s so fragile and weak mentally and physically. The 91-93 teams were poor but at least they seemed to care. 

Sure; I’m still furious at the takeover and what they’ve done, but IMO this squad is terrible. We can agree to disagree. It’s just my view. 

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Yes I totally agree - my views on HMG’s role are well-known in how they were happy to take dirty money from all over the world for decades and yet they target Roman, a truly great man who has employed so many people and helped the economy.

My other upset about this is how the new owners have messed it all up. Too much too soon spent on players who are just not up to it in terms of skill and mental/physical strength or skill intelligence. 

Spot on but as regards the new owners.....agree but it is not unusual Yank tactics to rush in....for all the Hollywood WW11 somewhat disrespectful portrayal of USA involvement if you check the early days there were some absolute disasters..but they learned and overcame.....my hope for the present rulers at SB.

9 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

My other upset about this is how the new owners have messed it all up. Too much too soon spent on players who are just not up to it in terms of intelligence, skill and mental/physical strength.

Was about to give you a like for the first paragraph but then I read the second. I think it's too early to declare this squad build an error. 

It wasn't built for last season or this. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

First game August 79. 3-1 v Wrexham. West stand. Note I said one of the worst. The Hurst teams were shocking. 

In my view it’s as bad because it’s so fragile and weak mentally and physically. The 91-93 teams were poor but at least they seemed to care. 

Sure; I’m still furious at the takeover and what they’ve done, but IMO this squad is terrible. We can agree to disagree. It’s just my view. 

And well worth the read Matt...matters not if I (or anyone)agree or disagree ,For me freedom of speech and opinion is paramount,,,the exchange of views is what makes a forum.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Was about to give you a like for the first paragraph but then I read the second. I think it's too early to declare this squad build an error. 

If you want to get a like from Ham @Chelsea_Matt - don't diss the squad 😜

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I can agree to disagree. It’s just my view. 

Best way to be my friend. 

Every opinion is valid. 

Personally as you know, I think the players have much more to give and a proper coach will eke it from them.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ham said:

But Ham. I don’t even think that’s the issue. My opinion is they just aren’t good enough for this or any other year.

Of course I want to be wrong, but at the monent, I just can’t see it.🫶🏻💯

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Best way to be my friend. 

Every opinion is valid. 

Personally as you know, I think the players have much more to give and a proper coach will eke it from them.

You're bang on Mark, every opinion is valid* and we should respect all opinions! 💙
*except the opinion that Mudryk is a good player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I think the best way of framing this is to say pound for pound this is possibly the worst Chelsea squad ever devised. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

And the money they took has been usefully distributed to those that our politicians so strongly said they would support - NOT

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-latest-putin-sky-news-blog-live-12541713

An absolute and disgusting abuse of power.

• Like 1