1. 1. Who lifts the trophy and how?

• Chelsea after 90min
    • Chelsea AET
    • Chelsea penalties
    • Liverpool after 90min
    • Liverpool AET
    • Liverpool penalties

2 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

Surprised Liverpool have a game mid-week - "only" against Luton. No doubt Kloppy (and the media) will be moaning about it

Hopefully Luton rough them up a bit more. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think we all know we will be slamming var on Sunday evening, talking about whatever the latest injustice against us is in a game involving them.

The very fact we can safely state in advance that a contentious var decision will go in their favour on Sunday tells you everything. 

If we were playing them yesterday there is absolutely no doubt that same last minute var decision gets given as a penalty, no doubt whatsoever. The game is rigged and we all know it.

We play badly, we get beat with the normal subtle decisions going against us, we play well and pose any kind of threat, we get robbed by var.

True story.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I want this cup more than almost any of the others we’ve won. To stick it to Klopp, Liverpool the media and their sanctimonious, vile fans. It’s so frustrating knowing we won’t win. 

Now that we are where we currently are, winning this Cup becomes a lot more important than it would be if we were still up there contending for the title or CL.

As for the Liverpool hate. I have to be honest and say I quite like Klopp as a person. I think he's a decent guy as well as a great manager. Also have to respect the club for what it's achieved since Shankly. 

There fans are a different matter though! They are a sickeningly arrogant,  sanctimonious and equally sickeningly hypocritical to go with it!  I loathe the c***s! Having said that, just as with any other group, there's always going to a percentage who a decent people. I work with a Leeds fan and he's as nice and friendly a guy as you'd wish to meet.🙂

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Now that we are where we currently are, winning this Cup becomes a lot more important than it would be if we were still up there contending for the title or CL.

As for the Liverpool hate. I have to be honest and say I quite like Klopp as a person. I think he's a decent guy as well as a great manager. Also have to respect the club for what it's achieved since Shankly. 

There fans are a different matter though! They are a sickeningly arrogant,  sanctimonious and equally sickeningly hypocritical to go with it!  I loathe the c***s! Having said that, just as with any other group, there's always going to a percentage who a decent people. I work with a Leeds fan and he's as nice and friendly a guy as you'd wish to meet.🙂

Your description of their fans is exactly my description of Klopp.

Good coach , excellent coach , but sanctimonious and hypocritical must the be two of the first bullet points on his CV

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Your description of their fans is exactly my description of Klopp.

Good coach , excellent coach , but sanctimonious and hypocritical must the be two of the first bullet points on his CV

I must say that I don't see what you're seeing in Klopp. I see him defend his team like all good managers should be doing but nothing more than that tbh. 

Would you like him to be our manager next season or when he fancies a return to managenent? I know I would!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

I must say that I don't see what you're seeing in Klopp. I see him defend his team like all good managers should be doing but nothing more than that tbh. 

Would you like him to be our manager next season or when he fancies a return to managenent? I know I would!

Absolutely I would but he's a 24 carat hypocrite and I guarantee he'll say something to get the ref thinking before the final 

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Absolutely I would but he's a 24 carat hypocrite and I guarantee he'll say something to get the ref thinking before the final 

I'd say that would be gamesmanship rather than being a hypocrite. Again, looking to get any advantage within the rules for your team is good management imho. I wish Poch would try some tricks like that!

• Agree 1

On 17/02/2024 at 11:49, Rob B said:

Hi @Zlen - some great questions which I've taken a stab at below.  

How do you feel about your season so far under Pochetino? Is he on a trajectory to something or is the maze of new players proving too tricky to navigate?   I don't think I'm saying anything particularly controversial if I said that most fans - if not all fans - don't see Poch as the long-term solution.  My personal view is that he's been dealt a difficult hand (turnover of players, injuries etc) but has made plenty of mistakes along the way.  He is fine for the time being though as our problems are much bigger than the manager.  I do think we can further improve under him too,  I just think there will be a ceiling. 

Who do you see as the best purchase so far of the 'Wild Boehly Years', both in terms of present impact but also one you see as the possible future cornerstone?   Cole Palmer and Malo Gusto are probably the two stand-outs so far this season and both clearly exceptional young talents.   That said, most of our transfer business has been really good and I think Petrovic, Nkunku, Fernandez, Caicedo, Jackson etc will all show their quality over time.   People forget just how hard it is to adapt to the premier league as a young player.  The problem with our business is that we've been exclusively young players and then added them to a team with Gallagher and Colwill etc.  You could also argue that we lack experience / quality in forward areas albeit seemed to have turned a corner here of late.    In isolation, we've really not got many wrong since the new Sporting Directors were in place.   

So, is Conor Gallagher now the one player Chelsea should both definitely sell and at the same time definitely keep and build their team around  Keep - no question about it.   We have plenty of other players to sale before him, both from the academy i.e. Chalobah, Maatsen, Broja, Anjorin, Hall etc and then from our senior squad - Lukaku, Ziyech, Sarr, Kepa, Cucurella etc

Do you think that defeat, as it was quite recent, will galvanise your team ahead of the final?   To be honest, not really.  I'm expecting a better performance, but we don't seem to have that mentality yet.   Some of the old Mourinho, Conte, Tuchel teams would be baying for blood, but this lot have a long way to go. 

If you could pick one Liverpool player you do not want to see starting at Wembley - who would it be and why?   VVD is an obvious one as a leader and because of the way he marshals your back-line.  Curveball but I'd be quite pleased to see Jota on the bench too!   His goals to games ratio is incredible. 

Who is one Chelsea player you would want to both start and also have a good game at Wembley and why?   Enzo was superb in the earlier fixture this season and if he plays well, the team will play well.   The other one is Cole Palmer.   Already our main creative force up top.   So one of those two. 

Do you think the week of rest will benefit you (players returning, working on tactics) or would you prefer to play and keep your players sharp?   Week of rest allowing us to fully focus

But how do you see the game playing out? Are we finally going to get something other than a wrestling match and see some free flowing, goal-scoring football?   No idea, I thought the recent game would be tight and it was anything but!   Only thing I would say is most finals tend to be quite cagey  so if pushed I see us losing by the odd goal. 

Do you think you'll end the season in european places and do if not - would you still hope the owner sticks with Pochetino? Also do you think you'll have another 'wild transfer summer' (is it even needed) or will it be more a case of re-balancing the squad and the books and adding few smart additions to the squad?   I don't think we'll make Europe, I think there are too many teams above us.  I think we could leap-frog one or maybe two but not three or four.   I'm a bit nonplussed on Poch to be honest.  Wouldn't lose any sleep if he went, but happy enough for him to stay.  Main priorities have to be to sign a striker, renew Gallagher's contract, get the likes of Lavia and James properly fit, and then a couple of ins/out.   

You were suckered into that.Could you not see he was yanking your chain?

31 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Let's be honest - right now Liverpool's injuries are worse than ours despite the media hypocrisy.

you'd say they have more key players missing, even if numerically we are still winning! 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Ham said:

Wait until the squads are announced before guessing at who is *unavailable" for Liverpool.  

I bet a good few of their 9 are available by Sunday. It's all propaganda supporting to Klopp fairwell tour.  

Wenger used to do that. 

• Agree 1