31 members have voted

1. 1. Who lifts the trophy and how?

• Chelsea after 90min
    • Chelsea AET
    • Chelsea penalties
    • Liverpool after 90min
    • Liverpool AET
    • Liverpool penalties

Disasi losing Van Dijk and blaming Mudryk for the goal. Him and Colwill proved yesterday that swapping out Thiago Silva will make no great difference to this squad as has been claimed. We do not have a Van Dijk leader defender in the squad to replace TS. Of course Thiago is coming of age but Disasi and Colwill were unimpressive on the ball and off it.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Disasi losing Van Dijk and blaming Mudryk for the goal. Him and Colwill proved yesterday that swapping out Thiago Silva will make no great difference to this squad as has been claimed. We do not have a Van Dijk leader defender in the squad to replace TS. Of course Thiago is coming of age but Disasi and Colwill were unimpressive on the ball and off it.

You're a trier. I'll give you that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Tbh NOTHING has gone right. Look what they inherited and look what we have. We couldn’t even get a shirt sponsor for months for God’s sake. 

In fairness they had lined up two prior sponsors that eventually ended up being vetoed by fans and the FA. Then the third one, which we eventually secured, was held up as well. 

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

And yet by not having Thaigo Silva in the team our defence wasn't really threatened in behind, allowed us to play a bit higher, and more importantly meant both fullbacks could get forward as Disasi and Colwill were more capable of filling those right and left CB role with Caicedo dropping back to split their pair. 

None of this happens with TS in the team, as has been shown previously. And if we do try, we get exposed in those wider areas more frequently. 

Again, not a slight on Thiago, just part and parcel of the limitations he has had how they have a knock on impact elsewhere in the side.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Also, why only January. 

None of the first lot of signings count, just because it suits your agenda?

No agenda 

Just factual that since last January which coincided with the TBSD taking over the reins buying, sell and loaning has been solely down to them, without any input from coaches. Hence the mess the club is currently in. 

I could go back to the previous summer however some of those recruited during that window had TT prints on them if one believe the media. 

It's all history now and I guess we have to wait until the summer for Todd & Eggy's next epiphany 😀

19 hours ago, kev61 said:

We let Van Dyke score with a midget marking him that was disallowed.

We then  learned nothing and let him in again - what does that say about the coach and no leadership?

I was away at the New Forest for the game with Mrs Nobly. It was part of my birthday present. We had this gorgeous lodge overlooking this beautiful landscape. Then Sunday afternoon  ( our last day) . Mrs Nobly proudly announces that she’s synced my iPad up with the lodges tv and we can watch the game in comfort on a big screen. . So I’m there in this lovely place, with the beers and snacks lined up but all the the poor Mrs Nobly got for the next two hours was  some foul language and some serious Poch derangement syndrome in her left ear. She kind of gets it right now being a Man U supporter, but I kept saying to her “ one of these dead balls/set pieces / free kicks is going to end up on Dick van Dykes head and in the back of the net. “ We got away with the first one , we all knew the danger , we’ve all seen JT do it numerous times . Then bang in it goes. It wasn’t so much the goal that hurt but the whole way it all unraveled before our eyes. The extra time utter fiasco. 
Don’t get me wrong, some players put in a shift and gave it a go. Chilwell and Connor spring to mind. But Poch is getting it all wrong too many times. I know we don’t have Lampard , Drogba , Terry , Ash etc but holy moly these players must be better than this. I wanted one thing to smile about this season and it’s gone. 
I drove home in the pissing rain and the dark clouds have yet to leave me since. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I was away at the New Forest for the game with Mrs Nobly. It was part of my birthday present. We had this gorgeous lodge overlooking this beautiful landscape. Then Sunday afternoon  ( our last day) . Mrs Nobly proudly announces that she’s synced my iPad up with the lodges tv and we can watch the game in comfort on a big screen. . So I’m there in this lovely place, with the beers and snacks lined up but all the the poor Mrs Nobly got for the next two hours was  some foul language and some serious Poch derangement syndrome in her left ear. She kind of gets it right now being a Man U supporter, but I kept saying to her “ one of these dead balls/set pieces / free kicks is going to end up on Dick van Dykes head and in the back of the net. “ We got away with the first one , we all knew the danger , we’ve all seen JT do it numerous times . Then bang in it goes. It wasn’t so much the goal that hurt but the whole way it all unraveled before our eyes. The extra time utter fiasco. 
Don’t get me wrong, some players put in a shift and gave it a go. Chilwell and Connor spring to mind. But Poch is getting it all wrong too many times. I know we don’t have Lampard , Drogba , Terry , Ash etc but holy moly these players must be better than this. I wanted one thing to smile about this season and it’s gone. 
I drove home in the pissing rain and the dark clouds have yet to leave me since. 

I watched the game in a pub full of rugby Welsh and Irish fans hung over from the night before.There were of course many( mostly Liverpool) football fans as well.

My disapointment was tempered by a great Welsh crowd.No over the top language and respectful of people around them.

It ended up a great day except for the result🥴

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xceleryx said:

In fairness they had lined up two prior sponsors that eventually ended up being vetoed by fans and the FA. Then the third one, which we eventually secured, was held up as well. 

Yeah. Well done Todd ‘n’ Eggy. *clap clap*

58 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Yeah. Well done Todd ‘n’ Eggy. *clap clap*

The next 'progression' is for the banners to come out...Clearlake out!!....it's just a question of time.

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, kev61 said:

The next 'progression' is for the banners to come out...Clearlake out!!....it's just a question of time.

Could be as soon as this week.

The peasants are close to revolting.

The coach will fall first, just as pretty much always happens and they’ll (the owners) hope that this will halt the ill feelings, and it probably will. Hence why I could see them appointing Jose = appeasement. He’ll probably get better results, although he’d be good for two years or so. Whichever version of him is still better than what we have currently.

The owners have their strategy (it’s a pile of ill-conceived data based crap in my opinion) and have stuck to it for close to two years and it’s sent us years backwards, damaging us on the pitch and quite probably hamstringing us financially. There’s no signs that they’ll twig “we’ve messed this up, change course “ and now they’re going to struggle to do so because of the level of f**k-wittery employed by them and the leeches they’ve chosen to employ.

@xceleryx says the Jose bomb would explode after a while and he’s probably correct, but it’s minor compared to the carpet bombing undertaken by the owners thus far and the nuclear holocaust their strategies (sic) will result in if they keep on ploughing their myopic route.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

And yet by not having Thaigo Silva in the team our defence wasn't really threatened in behind, allowed us to play a bit higher, and more importantly meant both fullbacks could get forward as Disasi and Colwill were more capable of filling those right and left CB role with Caicedo dropping back to split their pair. 

None of this happens with TS in the team, as has been shown previously. And if we do try, we get exposed in those wider areas more frequently. 

Again, not a slight on Thiago, just part and parcel of the limitations he has had how they have a knock on impact elsewhere in the side.

And yet we were a shambles at the back from set pieces - Disasi costing us the game — and Disasi was a joke on the ball, Colwill not much better. We need to replace Thiago but the idea that we have top level ready made replacements in the squad is so laughable I just started crying. Have you got a tissue?

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

DISASI COLWILL BADIADHILLE ARE NOT TOP LEVEL CENTRE HALFS. END OF!!!

(Forget Thiago for a second)

Levi Colwill played 210 minutes against Man City and Liverpool where we conceded 1 goal from a set piece.  He was 20 years old in both games (turned 21 yesterday)

I think people forget how young he is.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Levi Colwill played 210 minutes against Man City and Liverpool where we conceded 1 goal from a set piece.  He was 20 years old in both games (turned 21 yesterday)

I think people forget how young he is.

Colwill is the one I have most sympathy for. He’s young and has time to learn, the idea that Disasi has been good enough is ridiculous though. We’ve been calling him disasti all season! I call on those critical of this „project“ to back me up and say Disasti and Baddream have done nothing to suggest they are top level defenders. I am getting ganged up on here! For the record, here are our great signings:

Petrovic, Palmer, Gusto.

Add Jackson, Caicedo and Enzo who all show promise despite their price.

But Disasi and Badiashille have been bang average so far!!! Disasi had one great game. Does anyone else agree? Posters against the project Unite!!! 

Forget Thiago Silva, we need to phase him out anyway 

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

Colwill is the one I have most sympathy for. He’s young and has time to learn, the idea that Disasi has been good enough is ridiculous though. We’ve been calling him disasti all season! I call on those critical of this „project“ to back me up and say Disasti and Baddream have done nothing to suggest they are top level defenders. I am getting ganged up on here! For the record, here are our great signings:

Petrovic, Palmer, Gusto.

Add Jackson, Caicedo and Enzo who all show promise despite their price.

But Disasi and Badiashille have been bang average so far!!! Disasi had one great game. Does anyone else agree? Posters against the project Unite!!! 

Forget Thiago Silva, we need to phase him out anyway 

Is a circus somewhere missing you? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

I watched the game in a pub full of rugby Welsh and Irish fans hung over from the night before.There were of course many( mostly Liverpool) football fans as well.

My disapointment was tempered by a great Welsh crowd.No over the top language and respectful of people around them.

It ended up a great day except for the result🥴

We are wonderful people !

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Is a circus somewhere missing you? 

9 hours ago, Ham said:

You're a trier. I'll give you that.

Notice little to no actual engagement on the argument, folks. Only @xceleryx is continuing the line of argument that having Disasi and Colwill in the side stops us being caught in behind. Fine. Colwill is very young and can learn.

Honest question: Who here thinks Disasi has been good enough over the course of the season? 

Again - watch the goal back from Sunday - he completely lost VVD and blamed it on Mudryk.

How many ball giveaways did we witness on Sunday from Disasi, and Colwill?

We called Disasi "disaster" for most of the season and suddenly after one good game he's good enough? We need a new top level centre-half - again Gusto, Palmer, Petrovic have been consistently brilliant. I like Jackson too.

But nothing about Disasi or Badiashille have proven to be top level defenders that will win us trophies - unlike the likes of Gusto who I believe can compete at the absolute highest level.

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Could be as soon as this week.

The peasants are close to revolting.

The coach will fall first, just as pretty much always happens and they’ll (the owners) hope that this will halt the ill feelings, and it probably will. Hence why I could see them appointing Jose = appeasement. He’ll probably get better results, although he’d be good for two years or so. Whichever version of him is still better than what we have currently.

The owners have their strategy (it’s a pile of ill-conceived data based crap in my opinion) and have stuck to it for close to two years and it’s sent us years backwards, damaging us on the pitch and quite probably hamstringing us financially. There’s no signs that they’ll twig “we’ve messed this up, change course “ and now they’re going to struggle to do so because of the level of f**k-wittery employed by them and the leeches they’ve chosen to employ.

@xceleryx says the Jose bomb would explode after a while and he’s probably correct, but it’s minor compared to the carpet bombing undertaken by the owners thus far and the nuclear holocaust their strategies (sic) will result in if they keep on ploughing their myopic route.

💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯🩶

is the atmos that bad amongst our (frankly amazing) match goers? 

Edited by Chelsea_Matt

Just now, Max Fowler said:

Notice little to no actual engagement on the argument, folks. Only @xceleryx is continuing the line of argument that having Disasi and Colwill in the side stops us being caught in behind. Fine. Colwill is very young and can learn.

Honest question: Who here thinks Disasi has been good enough over the course of the season? 

Again - watch the goal back from Sunday - he completely lost VVD and blamed it on Mudryk.

We called Disasi "disaster" for most of the season and suddenly after one good game he's good enough? We need a new top level centre-half - again Gusto, Palmer, Petrovic have been consistently brilliant. I like Jackson too.

But nothing about Disasi or Badiashille have proven to be top level defenders that will win us trophies - unlike the likes of Gusto who I believe can compete at the absolute highest level.

Max 

You're wrong , absolutely and fundamentally wrong , Disasi has been absolutely fine considering he's playing under the auspices of a coach who until recently didn't have the tactical acumen to realise that Silva was finished as a top tier defender due to his lack of pace .  He finally played Disasi and Colwill together , we go to City , hold the best attacking side in the country at bay and then Pochettino introduces Chalobah for his first five minutes of football all season , confuses the entire defence and we lose a goal .

Not content with that he does even more damage to the defence in the cup final where we'd been on the front foot all of the second half by not only introducing Chalobah for his second five minutes of the season but taking off Chilwell and switching Gusto to the left once more confusing the entire defence in the process , a defence where the players are utilising a mix of zonal and man marking with the end result that nobody knows what zone they are policing .

I'm not going to watch the bloody goal again to check and seriously I really don't give two fucks because all that will happen is you'll read something else on Twitter and about face once again. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯🩶

is the atmos that bad amongst our (frankly amazing) match goers? 

As the match wore on, on Sunday it was.

At home games, the lot near me want him gone. 

Away games - fans have been less vocal about him going, but the swell of opinion is moving towards him getting sacked.

Tomorrow's crowd will react badly if we do not win, the level of tolerance and self-entitled opinion is different at cup games. An opinion that won't be popular with some, but it's been that way for years in my experience 

15 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Honest Answer. Disasi has been improving over the course of the season. He started poorly and has improved and will continue to improve. 25 is very young for a CB. Not quite as convinced by Badiashile. I think he makes stupid mistakes. Colwill has flaws, too, but is even younger at 21. Gusto, Palmer and Petrovic have been good, as you say. I think the problem with Caicedo is that he is trying too hard, and so is not slowing his runs as he goes into challenges. This means he commits unnecessary fouls and gets booked too often. That puts him on the edge and makes him try even harder. Enzo has flaws in his game, too, especially as a more advanced player. Jackson's movement and passing are good, but he snatches at shots, and his decision-making could be improved. Gallagher needs to work on his finishing, too. Mudryck would be better if he could remember he is not a #10 but a wide player and that his job is to stretch defences even when not putting in crosses. None of them are perfect. Never met a perfect footballer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xceleryx said:

The issue here of course is that football has massively changed since Mourinho first joined us and set that original standard. The generation of footballer has also massively shifted and there's no way he could apply the sort of approach he initially did with a modern group of players. He's even admitted himself he's had to adjust over the years. His record with young players isn't necessarily his strong point either. 

Then of course you have to contend with his volatile nature, the heinous football that eventually sets in just as it did at Roma, and everything else. 

For all the possible upside he may offer in the areas you've put forward there's also serious ability for things to entirely implode and become excessively toxic. 

I can certainly appreciate everything he's done for us in past stints, but with where we are as a club, with the way football is played now, a third spell sounds morel like a ticking time bomb than anything else. 

Also be yet another manager coming in who'll have his own idea of how to  set up teans and how to play, then he leaves and we bring in someone else who'll want to play a different way. I honestly can't think of a poorer, more confusing way to progress a team than do something like that. As I said, it smacks of desperation! 

Look at the way City have been managed for the last 15 years. Each manager has played a quite similar technical style of football leading to Pep who improved on what had been built. Liverpool are highly likely to hire someone who'll continue with the Klopp style plus add some ideas of his own. Continuity helps a team grow and mould an identity, not constant chopping and changing.

Edited by boratsbrother