1. 1. Who lifts the trophy and how?

• Chelsea after 90min
    • Chelsea AET
    • Chelsea penalties
    • Liverpool after 90min
    • Liverpool AET
    • Liverpool penalties

53 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

, I have absolutely no doubt Jose is coming back in the summer and he will sort this lot out.

Can I ask you to elaborate on this?

I have switched my tune recently, and would love to have him back.

Edited by paulw66

Another embarrassing fact is that Liverpool played Wednesday night and we were supposedly tired? Liverpool have played in Europe all season and we were the ones who were knackered? The only excuse is that we have had to cover ourselves throughout the season with so many injuries, but it still feels like a feeble excuse honestly. The players who played yesterday should not be that knackered. Injuries limited our sub options in midfield but maybe Poch is just trying to protect them with the "tired" excuse. They did genuinely look out on their feet.

Edited by Max Fowler

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Potter. Lampard. Pochettino. 

Enzo was one of the best midfielders at the world cup, which he won.

Caicedo was one of the best midfielders in the league last season, had Liverpool bidding over £100m for him.

Mudryk was wanted by Arsenal.

Nkunku was one of the best attacking players in the world and is now left on the bench and when bought on played out of position. 

Sterling one of the top 5 attacking players in the Premier league for 5 seasons before he came here.

Palmer, well everyone keeps telling me the coach didn't want him, says it all really..........

With the exception of Sterling and Nkunku none of the above have played at the highest level for any amount of time and some cases came from in your words pub leagues. 

As for the price tag of players both the dippers and the Arse walked away and look how badly that turned out for them. 

Just now, ROTG said:

As for the price tag of players both the dippers and the Arse walked away and look how badly that turned out for them. 

Neither of them "walked away" we outbid them , that's how these things work , and we would have got Caicedo for £85m which was all we were prepared to pay before Liverpool came in at the last minute with a bid of £100m 

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

With the exception of Sterling and Nkunku none of the above have played at the highest level for any amount of time and some cases came from in your words pub leagues. 

What's your point? None of them anywhere near as good under Pochettino. None of them, the same can be said for the entire squad pretty much.

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I haven't mentioned price tags so again not sure of your point? We outbid players other teams wanted? Shock horror, doesn't mean those teams didn't want the players.

@ROTG

You can keep blaming the players, that's fine, but you have to ask the question,  are those players playing at the same level they did previously? If the answer is no, which for me it is, then is it not fair to question the coaching set up?

We can't do anything about the board. We can't do anything about the players we have signed. We can, and will, do something about the manager.

19 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Can I ask you to elaborate on this?

I have switched my tune recently, and would love to have him back.

Of course mate.

I said at the time that I'd spoken to someone at the Liverpool game, at Anfield. By far and away the most reliable man I've ever met regarding anything Chelsea. He said before the game Pochettino was gone in the summer whatever happens.

Same man now saying that Jose is done.

It is what it is, nothing more than that but when you look at everything and have a think about it all its the only thing that makes sense.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Of course mate.

I said at the time that I'd spoken to someone at the Liverpool game, at Anfield. By far and away the most reliable man I've ever met regarding anything Chelsea. He said before the game Pochettino was gone in the summer whatever happens.

It is what it is, nothing more than that but when you look at everything and have a think about it all its the only thing that makes sense.

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🙏

It occurs to me that we've reached the point of being an inconsequential football club. The only people left that now care about our results or our performances are we the supporters. Twenty years ago if we'd produced that performance we would have been ridiculed by the media and opposition fans. Now, no-one cares. Whether we win the odd game or else hopelessly underperform it is generally ignored. We've become a club that is in no danger of being in the final reckoning. We have deteriorated as a club to the point where no-one considers us contenders, and rightly so. What is scarey however is how quickly this has occurred. From World Club champions three years ago to this.

Cracks were beginning to show, sure, in the latter days of Roman's tenure. However he had the sense to employ the correct people around him to sort it out. It was telling however that those cracks began when he was first targetted by the UK government and evicted from the UK. Things went from the club being run by a benevolent dictator to control by committee to some degree. Now we have an ownership that thought, incorrectly, that it knew how to set up a club from the ground floor after it had been gutted by a PC government. The club is now built on shifting sand and lurches from one crisis to the next with no visible leadership either at board level or on the pitch.

If we do eventually implode I fear I won't see any rennaisance in my lifetime. I lived through it in the 70s/80s and remember crying when we finally won the FA Cup again in 1997, it's first real silverware since the days of Osgood, Cooke and Hudson. Gone are those days. We're now just inconsequential and mediocre with no immediate likelyhood of redemption.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Of course mate.

Interesting. Have to say, the more I think about it, would love it.

Would help the owners get some fans onside again too 

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Of course mate.

I am not sure Mou is the answer 

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Interesting. Have to say, the more I think about it, would love it.

Would help the owners get some fans onside again too 

Just makes so much sense.

We're not getting anyone else close to Jose and I doubt he would join any other team in our situation,  wouldn't even contemplate it. You don't turn down that sort of opportunity. 

10 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Just makes so much sense.

We're not getting anyone else close to Jose and I doubt he would join any other team in our situation,  wouldn't even contemplate it. You don't turn down that sort of opportunity. 

And he loves a story doesn't he?

It's a marriage made of convenience but in heaven too.

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Of course mate.

Rumours have always been that the board is quite fond of Jose and he's always been an option as manager...

Edited by Max Fowler

People say the players don't care. Maybe some don't care enough? but imho it's more a case of the players being wildly inconsistent which is the main problem.

Disasi is a good example of this. Capable of putting in strong, gritty performances but also some awful ones like yesterday's. I think he cares as much as Gallagher does, just not consistent in performance.  I think Enzo tries, he just can't run anywhere fast enough so it makes it look like he doesn't care. Caicedo is playing like he's had a brain transplant with someone who's never played a game of football before. So too Mudryk. Jackson produces good moments mixed with moments which are division two level. Madueka the same.  

I blame Poch 100%  for the disgraceful extra time, but can he or any manager be held responsible for players looking good one minute then making horrendous unforced errors the next? Imho, these ups and downs are just part of the growing pains of this set of players. I think we'll have then for a while regardless of who the manager is.

• Like 1

Just now, boratsbrother said:

People say the players don't care. Maybe some don't care enough? but imho it's more a case of the players being wildly inconsistent which is the main problem.

Disasi is a good example of this. Capable of putting in strong, gritty performances but also some awful ones like yesterday's. I think he cares as much as Gallagher does, just not consistent in performance.  I think Enzo tries, he just can't run anywhere fast enough so it makes it look like he doesn't care. Caicedo is playing like he's had a brain transplant with someone who's never played a game of football before. So too Mudryk. Jackson produces good moments mixed with moments which are division two level. Madueka the same.  

I blame Poch 100%  for the disgraceful extra time, but can he or any manager be held responsible for players looking good one minute then making horrendous unforced errors the next? Imho, these ups and downs are just part of the growing pains of this set of players. I think we'll have then for a while regardless of who the manager is.

Inconsistency is what you get with younger players , it's absolutely true , this is why they need a strong guiding hand where through patterns of play they can feel where each other is on the pitch and know when and how to help their colleagues out , a structure , a way of playing that gets the best out of them as a unit and lets each ones strengths come to the fore and negates their weaknesses.

It's not a panacea for crappy players but it helps everyone . 

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Liverpool players were also tired after a midweek match and an ongoing European campaign. We had a week off and no European games all season. Klopp had to bring on several academy players known only to their mums. They didn’t sit back and play for penalties in extra time even though they were on the ropes  after normal time and were the team with more justification.  

We went on the back foot for 30 mins (with the fresh Mudryk, Madueke and Nkunku btw) and I don’t recall a meaningful effort on goal while they had several chances. It was pathetic.

If Pochettino was unhappy with the players playing deep I saw no sign of him trying to change things. In fact he brings on Chalobah for Chilwell and switches Gusto, an attacking outlet, to left back. To shore up the defence! What a bloody shambles.

Edited by Original 21
  • Agree 1