Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Burnley win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/24 at 14:00

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

We've been unlucky inasmuch as we had 5 solid options for CM and then lost all of our cover long and multiple short term so that we can't even bring on like for like subs in a close game.

I seem to remember that after we'd sewn up Enzo, Caicedo and Lavia in the summer, we all thought we'd won the window and taken liberties with Liverpool. 

There's a lot of revisionism going on (Not aimed at you). 

Revisionism and hindsight are different. Caidedo especially and Enzo have by and large been utterly useless and Lavia looks like another £50m cripple. 

Leaders... I think listed earlier we have mainly "influencers"...great assets that they are...Conor's example leadership is admirable and appreciated but he is in no way going to read and change a situation on the field teamwise or individuals performance if not playing/adjusting well.

Acquaintance of mine played in a charity type game alongside Bobby Moore,,,he said Moore talked him through the whole game and told him exactly what to do and he said it was the easiest most effective game he ever played.

Anyone on the pitch last weekend at that level? JT commanded the game as do/did all the great leaders over the years and when that was matched with a good/great coach things happened.

A leader for me was the player and at times, players, who would take the responsibility on the field and change things either loudly or quietly and the team looked to him for guidance in the bad moments.

The coach at halftime or whenever he can who sees the  problems and has a counter for them...how often have I read how the team comes out for the second half completely at a loss as how to upgrade their performance?

Just reflections.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

We played a 5-3-2 with Rüdiger, Christensen and Silva.

We are now playing Poch's far more open 4-4-2. Do you really think the board are going to make a Van Dijk signing to get close to our former defenders? Highly, highly unlikely. We're far more likely to go for the likes of a Guehi. 

You are isolating defence from attack as if we've improved our attack and now just need to improve our defence. Actually football is an intricately linked team sport where defence and attack are two sides of the same coin. 

We play less open, we concede less goals. But then we create less. 

The only solution is to buy world class players in key positions and you seem to be ignoring the fact that we are highly unlikely to prioritise doing that.

Van Dyke was signed from Southampton via Celtic, if we signed a centre half from those  you'd be outraged. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Van Dyke was signed from Southampton via Celtic, if we signed a centre half from those  you'd be outraged. 

I have no problem with us signing a player from a mid-table team who was also wanted by a top club. Same reason I was behind Lavia and Caicedo. Van Dijk was a statement, priced over the odds signing like Declan Rice that filled in a gap and paid off in spades.

City were after Van Dijk when he signed. No top club was after Badiashille or Disasi and frankly they have looked nowhere good enough and that's not just due to Poch.

34 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I have no problem with us signing a player from a mid-table team who was also wanted by a top club. Same reason I was behind Lavia and Caicedo. Van Dijk was a statement, priced over the odds signing like Declan Rice that filled in a gap and paid off in spades.

City were after Van Dijk when he signed. No top club was after Badiashille or Disasi and frankly they have looked nowhere good enough and that's not just due to Poch.

Funny how Badiashile looked great previously to Pochettino getting his hands on him isn't it?. 

35 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Funny how Badiashile looked great previously to Pochettino getting his hands on him isn't it?. 

Yep, it’s been said on here that he looked half-decent last season. Made some mistakes this season and has never returned/recovered his confidence.

And that’s another thing we can level at this coach - once a players confidence looks to have been negatively effected, he and his team don’t seem to be able to get them back and lifted up.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Revisionism and hindsight are different. Caidedo especially and Enzo have by and large been utterly useless and Lavia looks like another £50m cripple. 

If Caicedo covered half as much ground as Kante or even Makelele I would understand his tiredness.

Between Caicedo, Enzo, +/- Gallagher, we should have one of the most combative midfields in the PL. Instead, teams are cruising though our middle like there's no one there.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Siidi said:

If Caicedo covered half as much ground as Kante or even Makelele I would understand his tiredness.

Between Caicedo, Enzo, +/- Gallagher, we should have one of the most combative midfields in the PL. Instead, teams are cruising though our middle like there's no one there.

Spot on bro. Gallagher is the only one with any courage, heart or steel. 💥💯🫡

3 hours ago, Siidi said:

Because of  our chronic injury problems they have been over played. Even the uber fit and energetic Gallagher is looking mentally and physically knackered.

Having a fit Chuck and Lavia next season (hopefully)  will greatly improve the choices for different combinations  available to Poch or whoever the manager is. Not just with extra bodies, as I do think Chuck and Lavia have tremendous potential. If they can stay fit, I can see them both becoming first choice players  in a year or two.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Spot on bro. Gallagher is the only one with any courage, heart or steel. 💥💯🫡

I think Enzo has heart. His big problem is him being physically outgunned in this league and there is very little he or any manager can do about that.😟 

I also think Caicedo is working as hard as he can.  He's just not playing anything  like a £110 million player. 

8 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I think Enzo has heart. His big problem is him being physically outgunned in this league and there is very little he or any manager can do about that.😟 

I also think Caicedo is working as hard as he can.  He's just not playing anything  like a £110 million player. 

The biggest issue that is affecting all squad members is the space hopper . 

Fabregas was physically outgunned in this league , Jorginho was physically outgunned in this league , the difference is who they had coaching the team and how it was set up to compensate to get the best of them . 

Tactics , formations , a way of playing , all meh when it comes to Fat Mo. 

He likes running , running and running instead .

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, east lower said:

Yep, it’s been said on here that he looked half-decent last season. Made some mistakes this season and has never returned/recovered his confidence.

Badiashile form guide in games where he played the full 90 minutes in the PL

GP/FL: W3, D5, L2 - 14pts 10 Games

MP: W4, D1, L4 - 13pts 9 Games

So the narrative is inconclusive.

10 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Badiashile form guide in games where he played the full 90 minutes in the PL

GP/FL: W3, D5, L2 - 14pts 10 Games

MP: W4, D1, L4 - 13pts 9 Games

So the narrative is inconclusive.

Please stop with stat's it's doing my nut in.

Not your fault it's mine...thanks.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Facts not fantasy on signing players

Klopp signed Van Dyke because he had already had 195 games under his belt at celtic and southampton, which included 35 games playing with in the CL or Europa league, and not forgetting the couple of Scottish championships thrown in.

If memory serves me he was high on the chelsea wanted list at the time, unfortunately he has been tapped up by Klopp in his second season at southampton when he had the serious ankle injury, which kept him out for over half a season 

image.thumb.png.9a052314cc861303655032be88607b3a.png

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Facts not fantasy on signing players

Klopp signed Van Dyke because he had already had 195 games under his belt at celtic and southampton, which included 35 games playing with in the CL or Europa league, and not forgetting the couple of Scottish championships thrown in.

If memory serves me he was high on the chelsea wanted list at the time, unfortunately he has been tapped up by Klopp in his second season at southampton when he had the serious ankle injury, which kept him out for over half a season 

image.thumb.png.9a052314cc861303655032be88607b3a.png

Tell me , were Southampton a mid table side in those days ? 

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Tell me , were Southampton a mid table side in those days ? 

Nope they finish 8th in his first season, 6th in the season before that, then 17th because a mark hughes had taken over the reins and VVD was out for over half the season and like brighton sold there best players each season "however you one that"

this is like playing the IPL every googly you bowl get knocked out the ground

Leg and middle please umpire 

Edited by ROTG

6 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I have no time for statistics in a football sense -hope that helps.

Layman's words

no difference in Badashile performances under Poch, Frank or Potter

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Layman's words

no difference in Badashile performances under Poch, Frank or Potter

"Layman's words?². Badashshite is Just a bad signing and an overrated player as simple as that!!.

45 minutes ago, kev61 said:

"Layman's words?². Badashshite is Just a bad signing and an overrated player as simple as that!!.

He and Disasi were the CB pairing at Monaco when Laurance  Stewart worker there.

Just another example of the clubs lazy recruitment.

Just now, ROTG said:

He and Disasi were the CB pairing at Monaco when Laurance  Stewart worker there.

I expect both of them are as good as Arsenals CB pairing to be honest 

Player for player we can match them in every aspect 

I wonder what the difference is? 

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I expect both of them are as good as Arsenals CB pairing to be honest 

Player for player we can match them in every aspect 

I wonder what the difference is? 

Honestly in the cases of Badiashille and Disasi I can't really see how Poch can be blamed for their sheer amount of individual errors and incredibly limited ball distribution. Yes we are very open but to my eye they just don't cut it. It's the same as when one of our strikers misses a sitter or fluff a pass. Sure the manager feeds into their confidence but neither look like real leaders to me.

23 minutes ago, ROTG said:

We will forever go round in circles - is it Poch or is it Bohley and co?.

The problem here and now is Poch.The players are to blame no doubt but he is making things worse.