Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester United win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/24 at 18:15

The manager can't do anything about what's happened tonight. He set us up well, he sent the players out motivated and ready to go and it was working... you cannot account for the appalling mistake.

The manager though, does now have a job to do and needs to get the team focused again and going out like they did initially, sadly for us his half time team talks seem to have the opposite effect.

I think we'll lose this from here, sadly.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

What's costing us dearly is an unprecedented number of ridiculous individual errors almost every game we play. The number of times it happens has become almost freakish and imho it's down to nothing more than simple lapses of concentration, not tactics or how the team is being set up. 

Individual errors from the same players every week, usually Caicedo and the two buffoons at the back,  I’m getting sick and tired of these lot. No idea what goes through their heads, other than the fact that they simply don’t read the game well enough for this level. 

3 minutes ago, Siidi said:

Ramires' goal at Nou Camp was the moment I knew our name was written on that CL trophy. I still think of it as  a miracle. That aside, he was was an underrated player. 

It's one of my favourite ever goals. The sheer nonchalance was a sight to behold.

• Agree 1

I think the manager shares some blame because he needs to breed confidence and if were making mistakes he partly isn't doing that.

As bad as Caicedo's mistake was - IMO Enzo is offering far less atm. It's like playing with 10 men in the PL. At least Caicedo is getting involved.

Fair play to Mudryk though too - he's far from perfect and still does some really poor plays (like for the goal) but he has improved quite a bit in my eyes

Edited by Max Fowler

3 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

And now it is time for Poch to show what he's made of: they absolutely need coaching and guidance for the second half

Maybe he will play the Vinny Jones Samaritans video. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

I think the manager shares some blame because he needs to breed confidence and if were making mistakes he partly isn't doing that.

As bad as Caicedo's mistake was - IMO Enzo is offering far less atm. It's like playing with 10 men in the PL. At least Caicedo is getting involved.

Fair play to Mudryk though too - he's far from perfect and still does some really poor plays (like for the goal) but he has improved quite a bit in my eyes

To be fair, I'd rather Caicedo hadn't been getting involved tonight.

21 minutes ago, Bones said:

I think it is also lack of organisation at the back, it is so messy

Been messy for months. I'm not seeing any improvement. We can point at individual mistakes but it's up to the manager to coach and improve these players. 

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

And even though I promised not to, that's a coaching issue again. Leave them to their own devices and this is what happens. 

The goal is a collective error. The first was a human error.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, asvaberg said:

And now it is time for Poch to show what he's made of: they absolutely need coaching and guidance for the second half

Was the team  poorly coached in that first half? No it wasn't! 

We are playing a team competing for a CL place and were clearly the better team until that brainfart.  We then have even more bad luck when hitting the post.  We've had incredible bad luck this season - countless brainfarts. unusually high number of great goals being scored against us. Massive injury problems.  Some managers, like Generals, are born lucky. Maybe Poch is just an unlucky manager?

7 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Actually we are conceding more goals now than at any point in the season without them

Not sure about that. But we were conceding from  far post crosses nearly every match at start of the season and nether defender made a difference 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Siidi said:

Not sure about that. But we were conceding from  far post crosses nearly every match at start of the season and nether defender made a difference 

Have a quick peek through all the previous months results and you'll see its true 🙂
By far the worst goal conceding run of the season rn... without Thiago

3 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Was the team  poorly coached in that first half? No it wasn't! 

We are playing a team competing for a CL place and were clearly the better team until that brainfart.  We then have even more bad luck when hitting the post.  We've had incredible bad luck this season - countless brainfarts. unusually high number of great goals being scored against us. Massive injury problems.  Some managers, like Generals, are born lucky. Maybe Poch is just an unlucky manager?

I think you misunderstood. I was referring to his half time pep talks in previous matches. They were obviously bad. Now he has his chance