Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester United win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/24 at 18:15

If we are going to win, we have to learn how to manage the game. We need a controlled game rather than attempting to play at 100 miles an hour. We need to take possession of the ball and control the tempo, with periods of keeping the ball, making them run around. Then, when we see spaces, we need to move forward and exploit the openings. That way, we don't run out of juice in the second half. We need to do this even if we go down by a goal. This is not hard. Is that too much to ask?

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

If we are going to win, we have to learn how to manage the game. We need a controlled game rather than attempting to play at 100 miles an hour. We need to take possession of the ball and control the tempo, with periods of keeping the ball, making them run around. Then, when we see spaces, we need to move forward and exploit the openings. That way, we don't run out of juice in the second half. We need to do this even if we go down by a goal. This is not hard. Is that too much to ask?

No not hard ...but yep..a little too much to ask of such a young unshepherded group... but IT IS a funny old game !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I studied at Surrey Uni in those days and the Union were able to get some really iconic gigs organised. Possibly the nadir however was when Gary Glitter played and at the end off the gig disappeared on campus to shag one of the students and the next morning was seen trudging across campus, still in his glitter suit and stack heels, on the walk of shame back to a car.

Back then, pop/rock stars litterally had groupies throwing themselves at them at gigs. It was as much apart of the scene as drink and drugs, so nobody batted an eyelid to their antics. Crikey, Bill Wyman was even openly dating an under age girl.

However, what Giltter got up to later in life was very different from the onetime acceptable antics of pop and rock stars. 

I actually liked some of his songs back then,  so it's especially disappointing when someone you liked turned out to be such sicko. Same with Stuart Hall. I absolutely loved It's A Knockout and what he got up to has somewhat tarnished my memory of that wonderfully silly show.

Mrs Nobly ( a United supporter) is telling me all the reasons why United will lose tonight, starting with “ if united cant  beat Brentford then what hope…”. 
Not sure how she thinks that compares with drawing  at home with 10 man Burnley after leading the game.  
She completely insults our level of incompetence and uselessness. 

• Haha 4

A lot of things bother a lot of people about TBSD but for me, this is the worst decision they've made. 

No excuse for empty seats when there's a waiting list of true fans. 

Also, what's to stop a United fan getting battered for celebrating there?

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Mrs Nobly ( a United supporter) is telling me all the reasons why United will lose tonight, starting with “ if united cant  beat Brentford then what hope…”. 
Not sure how she thinks that compares with drawing  at home with 10 man Burnley after leading the game.  

Not long ago this was THE fixture of the season, the battle of the heavyweights, with both sets of fans in full belief that their side would come out on top. The game would always be tight, well fought and would go a long way to deciding where the title would go that season… now, both sets of fans go in with dread and debating who has the worst players, manager and form.

At least we’re not alone.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

A Mrs never insults. It's not in their nature. 😁

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, east lower said:

I’d have been 13 or so at the time. Far too young and innocent to have been aware of anything like that.

Vague recollection of Siouxsie and the Banshees gigging there too.

Never intelligent enough for University, 

Tonight’s warm up:

IMG_1111.jpeg

Any signs of hostility to Mason?

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Not long ago this was THE fixture of the season, the battle of the heavyweights, with both sets of fans in full belief that their side would come out on top. The game would always be tight, well fought and would go a long way to deciding where the title would go that season… now, both sets of fans go in with dread and debating who has the worst players, manager and form.

At least we’re not alone.

It feels a very strange fixture. Usually one of the highlights of my season.  One day these teams will return. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

A lot of things bother a lot of people about TBSD but for me, this is the worst decision they've made. 

No excuse for empty seats when there's a waiting list of true fans. 

Also, what's to stop a United fan getting battered for celebrating there?

Why are there empty seats?