Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester United win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/24 at 18:15

11 hours ago, east lower said:

Ally McCoist’s boys are mad keen Chelsea fans - He’s regularly commented on this during his stints on Talksport. 

Plus being a strong blue-nose, might also give him a leaning our way.

You are correct. I met McCoist in the Guiness Village at the Cheltenham festival a couple of years back. He stood chatting to me and some mates for about half an hour, as if we were fellow locals down the pub.

He said he has a soft spot for Chelsea as we talked about some of the links between both clubs throughout the years. 
He’s a really nice guy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Ham said:

I've been waiting for this 😂

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/JhXFHZGfatzQqiLr/

Mark Goldbridge's live reaction. 

There's one on YouTube by 'the flying pig' having a hilarious meltdown....YOU LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY BLUE BASTARDS. ...YOU FUCKING BASTARDS😡😭😡😭😡😭😡

😀😀😀😀😀

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

You are correct. I met McCoist in the Guiness Village at the Cheltenham festival a couple of years back. He stood chatting to me and some mates for about half an hour, as if we were fellow locals down the pub.

He said he has a soft spot for Chelsea as we talked about some of the links between both clubs throughout the years. 
He’s a really nice guy. 

There's a few celebrities that have attended games that I've been sat next to or near over the years. I'm not one for bothering people for photo's, but always open to a chat about football.

Alec Stewart at Wembley, Eddie Jordan at QPR, David Weir (ex-Rangers snd Everton, his lad was a massive Chelsea fan). To a lesser degree of celebrity there's a Sky Sports presenter, one of the older ones with grey hair - he used to attend lots of aways and used to have a chat with him occasionally. 

Saw Jamie O'Hara with what was probably his son at Brighton away, think it was last season. Odd I thought, as he dislikes us, very incognito and tucked away. Thought about 'outing' him, but as he had a young lad with him it wasn't the right thing to do. But he's no celebrity, can't stand him.

9 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If you can’t guess yourself then I’d be concerned Chara!

The other 4 were @Sciatika, @Waspeze, @jasonb & @Floyd25.

Well done all, far more faith than the rest of us!

Hmm I was struggling for the last one but it was indeed OG me!...... ok I fess up...just being a bit clever clogs "I told you so!"😚

🎺🪗🥁🎺

Oh and I wouldn't ask or expect such info for most games but the two games in question were exceptional pregame worries.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chara said:

Hmm I was struggling for the last one but it was indeed OG me!...... ok I fess up...just being a bit clever clogs "I told you so!"😚

🎺🪗🥁🎺

Oh and I wouldn't ask or expect such info for most games but the two games in question were exceptional pregame worries.

Yeah, I’d only share the ones like the two in question…. Which sadly, don’t come along very often at the moment!

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, I’d only share the ones like the two in question…. Which sadly, don’t come along very often at the moment!

As I would expect from the Mods.... after thought..if @Sciatika comes up with a positive best to pay attention!

If I had known we were both "aboard" I would have bet The Farm !🎭

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ROTG said:

That because he was toilet and like a fish out of water

He was absolute shite.  An aircraft carrier turned quicker than him, and had no footballing brain whatsoever.  Conte tried to sign him years ago, and threw his toys out of the pram  when he failed to get him.  A complete waste of time and money.

9 hours ago, Ham said:

I've been waiting for this 😂

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/JhXFHZGfatzQqiLr/

Mark Goldbridge's live reaction. 

An absolute twonk, what he's doing on Talksport is beyond me, which imbecile decided to hire him?  Or that other nobody "The Bosh" aka Tom Rennie,   They only pander to the thick, dumbed down red top tabloid reading muppets and contribute nothing worthwhile to the station.

22 hours ago, east lower said:

There's a few celebrities that have attended games that I've been sat next to or near over the years. I'm not one for bothering people for photo's, but always open to a chat about football.

Alec Stewart at Wembley, Eddie Jordan at QPR, David Weir (ex-Rangers snd Everton, his lad was a massive Chelsea fan). To a lesser degree of celebrity there's a Sky Sports presenter, one of the older ones with grey hair - he used to attend lots of aways and used to have a chat with him occasionally. 

Saw Jamie O'Hara with what was probably his son at Brighton away, think it was last season. Odd I thought, as he dislikes us, very incognito and tucked away. Thought about 'outing' him, but as he had a young lad with him it wasn't the right thing to do. But he's no celebrity, can't stand him.

Always a bit odd to meet well known figures who have no idea who you are! Oddly enough I too met Alec Stewart at Wembley. He had his family with him and was very approachable and obviously excited to be there. I also met Eddie Jordan.......at the urinal in the Sloany Pony on Parsons Green after a game against Coventry ! He is a tiny fellow (in height, obviously 😉), but quite witty and engaging in the bar afterwards. I've seen Fiona Phillips loads of times in queues at the Bridge and on the concourse - always up for a chat (although not since her sad diagnosis of early onset dementia). I've seen a shambolic David Baddiel on the Broadway in the crowd, looking oddly sheepish. Clive Mantle of Casualty fame used to be a regular in the MHU. 

The most surprising appearance was Denis Wise turning up at the pub after an Aston Villa game. I was standing outside in full Chelsea regalia and he was going into the pub. In a witty and erudite manner I shouted, "Denis"! He looked at me and carried on walking 😄. 10 minutes later he came out and laughed and cheered with us - obviously had second thoughts about blanking me 😂. What struck me about him close up was how tiny he was, not just in height but in build. They are like whippets, these pro footballers!

Edited by RDCW
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, RDCW said:

The most surprising appearance was Denis Wise turning up at the pub after an Aston Villa game. I was standing outside in full Chelsea regalia and he was going into the pub. In a witty and erudite manner I shouted, "Denis"! He looked at me and carried on walking 😄. 10 minutes later he came out and laughed and cheered with us - obviously had second thoughts about blanking me 😂. What struck me about him close up was how tiny he was, not just in height but in build. They are like whippets, these pro footballers!

I saw Ossie in a pub on the way to a game at the old Southampton ground. I was surprised by his size too...built like a brick shithouse.

17 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I saw Ossie in a pub on the way to a game at the old Southampton ground. I was surprised by his size too...built like a brick shithouse.

I've always been surprised by how slim top level sportsmen are! I was at the Celtic Manor in Newport before a Wales V Scotland match in Cardiff; we were in the lift and the doors opened to admit 6 or 7 Scotland players. They were all much smaller than me ! I also once saw Frank Bruno at Clapham Junction and although an inch taller than me he was much smaller! Obviously not the same physical construction though 🤣.

2 hours ago, RDCW said:

Always a bit odd to meet well known figures who have no idea who you are! Oddly enough I too met Alec Stewart at Wembley. He had his family with him and was very approachable and obviously excited to be there. I also met Eddie Jordan.......at the urinal in the Sloany Pony on Parsons Green after a game against Coventry ! He is a tiny fellow (in height, obviously 😉), but quite witty and engaging in the bar afterwards. I've seen Fiona Phillips loads of times in queues at the Bridge and on the concourse - always up for a chat (although not since her sad diagnosis of early onset dementia). I've seen a shambolic David Baddiel on the Broadway in the crowd, looking oddly sheepish. Clive Mantle of Casualty fame used to be a regular in the MHU. 

Dennis Wise used to live in the village where my dad and step mum live. My stepmum saw him in the bank queue (so was a while ago!) and said how we all support Chelsea. Very nice guy indeed apparently! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Dennis Wise used to live in the village where my dad and step mum live. My stepmum saw him in the bank queue (so was a while ago!) and said how we all support Chelsea. Very nice guy indeed apparently! 

I met him at a CPO event about 15 years ago. He seemed like a nice guy who still loved the club.

• Like 1
  • Love 1