Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester United win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/24 at 18:15

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

So many choices? It would have been a VERY difficult cross to control and shoot. His only option was heading, IMO

You misread my comment I think...IF Petr had stayed on the line the choices would have been there I believe...didn't say they were easy ones but the actual header was a great decision under pressure...credit..begrudged,,where due...I'll look again .... it's always worth paying attention  to another viewpoint.

45 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I've no time for Mason Mount any more, I still feel betrayed,  but perhaps Enzo would like to look at his own contribution to this current Chelsea team before shouting his mouth off at someone who, whilst he was here, did contribute a great deal and was deservedly a fans' favourite before it all went horribly wrong. 

Mount was trying to waste time earlier in the game, delaying a throw in being taken and then squared up to Enzo when called out on it.

Enzo was well within his rights to give him a bit of grief. He doesn't owe Mount anything. 

48 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I've no time for Mason Mount any more, I still feel betrayed,  but perhaps Enzo would like to look at his own contribution to this current Chelsea team before shouting his mouth off at someone who, whilst he was here, did contribute a great deal and was deservedly a fans' favourite before it all went horribly wrong. 

I think most fair-minded people would agree. 

• Like 1

Still alive and fortunate that I don't have a heart condition.  These games can seriously damage your health!  One of the most mental games I have ever seen in  over 50 years as a fan.  Even Ally McCoist on TNT loved it, shame on wasn't on Sky Sports, just to see that tosser Gary Neville miserable as sin, or for Roy Keane to go into one of his rants.  Billion pound bottlers eh?  I'm just glad we didn't sign Antony, he is just proper crap and makes some of our players look good.  One jammy pass for a goal doesn't make you a world beater.  Now let's beat Sheff U and Neverton and send them both packing to the Championship.

Edited by blueandproud
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, blueandproud said:

Still alive and fortunate that I don't have a heart condition.  These games can seriously damage your health!  One of the most mental games I have ever seen in  over 50 years as a fan.  Even Ally McCoist on TNT loved it,

Good job it wasn't a crucial game in a title race because some fans would have need an ambulance  if it was.

I've had some heart tests recently and I can tell you that it was pounding when that 4th goal went in, and that's from someone who doesn't take football as seriously as some fans do. Watching some fan reaction videos (both ours and Utds ) when that goal went it is quite something to see with the wild and extreme joy to the extreme despair. Football should matter that much, but somehow it does.

As for McCoist loving it. He is far from the only commentator loving watching our games. I'm hearing them say almost every game now how much fun our games are to watch these days. In terms of pure "entertainment" I cannot remember the last time our games were being enjoyed  so much by so many commentators and nuetrals. Imho, we on here should not under estimate how important it is to attract the nuetrals. It will increase our popularity and attract more fans, here and worldwide, higher TV audiences, more media interest etc,  all leading towards more money going into the club.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blueandproud said:

Still alive and fortunate that I don't have a heart condition.  These games can seriously damage your health!  One of the most mental games I have ever seen in  over 50 years as a fan.  Even Ally McCoist on TNT loved it, shame on wasn't on Sky Sports, just to see that tosser Gary Neville miserable as sin, or for Roy Keane to go into one of his rants.  Billion pound bottlers eh?  I'm just glad we didn't sign Antony, he is just proper crap and makes some of our players look good.  One jammy pass for a goal doesn't make you a world beater.  Now let's beat Sheff U and Neverton and send them both packing to the Championship.

Ally McCoist’s boys are mad keen Chelsea fans - He’s regularly commented on this during his stints on Talksport. 

Plus being a strong blue-nose, might also give him a leaning our way.

Edited by east lower
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, martin1905 said:

All well and good but running around like a headless chicken whilst you leave the midfield two completely isolated is madness, especially when the midfield two have licence to get forward. 

He's far more combative than Enzo and has much more energy so him and Caicedo together would at least give us a much more balanced midfield two.

You dont have to have a player like Mikel or Makelele, i mean we just haven't so we have  to make the best of what we have and that is just not happening.

It does, but it's also why Gallagher currently plays as the #10 because he can afford to do that with there still  being two other midfielders in behind to cover and plug gaps. You play him in the pivot and his wandering becomes a greater problem with less cover, you'd literally need whoever is alongside him to genuinely sit, which isn't going to happen. 

He's just easier to manage tactically playing higher with protection behind.

Palmer is no doubt better out wide, I'm not disputing that just that his work off the ball is poor and when you have such attacking full backs your wide playes absolutely have to be better off the ball than Palmer is.

None of this is a criticism of him, its the tactics.

Well yeah, I agree with that generally speaking. I just don't think you maximise Palmer playing him through the middle at present, even if someone else could maybe give a bit more defensively out wide. Guess it's a matter of picking ones poison and living with the ramifications as best one can.

No, he absolutely shouldn't be starting above either, he should be starting with them. His pressing and work rate is levels above Palmer. Or play Sterling there. You just can't play Palmer there with Gusto constantly overlapping and have a midfield two of Enzo and Caicedo who are both allowed to get forward and your number 10 just runs around chasing the opposition centre half's. It's suicidal amd we are literally seeing it unfold right infront of us.

It's not about Palmer's best position or Gallagher, it's about making the most of what we have and we are so easy to play against.  We concede 2 goals a game and everyone thinks its because the centre half's aren't good enough but it's much more than that.

Agree to disagree I guess. 

Individual mistakes are a bigger problem to us than anything else. We've been in control and comfortable across several games only for that to come undone through our own stupidity and lapses. Cutting that sort of thing out will have a greater impact IMO.

6 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Yup.

What a stupid tweet designed to stir the pot.

It's like saying selling Kezman in 05/06 helped us purchase Lukaku in 2011/12. There's genuinely no connection beyond the position they play. 

When we sold Tomori he was behind Rudiger, Thiago Silva, Christensen, Zouma and Azpilicueta (when we played in back three). Similar was the case for Guehi when he had returned from loan at Swansea and wanted regular minutes, he was never going to get those ahead of better players we had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

When we sold Tomori he was behind Rudiger, Thiago Silva, Christensen, Zouma and Azpilicueta (when we played in back three). Similar was the case for Guehi when he had returned from loan at Swansea and wanted regular minutes, he was never going to get those ahead of better players we had. 

That’s true, but we’ve still wasted nearly 68 million pounds on Sanchez & Disasi combined, it’s inexcusable recruitment. Add another 100 million on top of that for Caicedo and you begin to feel a bit sick. 

Edited by Floyd25

4 hours ago, Flinkers said:

Happy Birthday, birthday twin!

What a present they served up last night. From the pits of anger to the peaks of joy!

Hope you had a great day.

Happy birthday to you too Flinkers! 

That was my experience too.  I was set to have my birthday weekend ruined and then pow!!!!

Hope you had a good one too 💙

• Love 1

11 hours ago, chara said:

@My Blood Is Blue...Sam any chance of revealing the "visionaries" who predicted the win? 

I think I can guess three ! 

If you can’t guess yourself then I’d be concerned Chara!

The other 4 were @Sciatika, @Waspeze, @jasonb & @Floyd25.

Well done all, far more faith than the rest of us!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

That’s true, but we’ve still wasted nearly 68 million pounds on Sanchez & Disasi combined, it’s inexcusable recruitment. Add another 100 million on top of that for Caicedo and you begin to feel a bit sick. 

No issues with folks wanting to critique the spending as they see fit, but trying to make it sound as if we sold Tomori and Guehi to fund direct replacements, such as Disasi, is certainly what I'd consider stretching the truth. 

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

No issues with folks wanting to critique the spending as they see fit, but trying to make it sound as if we sold Tomori and Guehi to fund direct replacements, such as Disasi, is certainly what I'd consider stretching the truth. 

Ideally we wouldn't have signed Disasi but when Fofana ans Chalobah both got injured in pre-season and both were going to be out for at least 6 months we had to make a panic buy. So obviously the former Monaco Sporting Director didn't think too much about this one.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Ideally we wouldn't have signed Disasi but when Fofana ans Chalobah both got injured in pre-season and both were going to be out for at least 6 months we had to make a panic buy. So obviously the former Monaco Sporting Director didn't think too much about this one.

We could've kept Koulibaly but many weren't happy with him either. 

I don't think Disasi is that bad of a signing. Sure, he's not going to be the man you build a defence around and has his flaws, but he's also shown his value on several occasions. Maybe if Fofana didn't do his knee we'd not have signed him, but he's a reasonable player to have moving forward IMO.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, martin1905 said:

1,So, what's your point?

1, Football isn't the real world and those mistakes don't cost you your job? Kind of what I was saying. 

2, It's a completely different squad. Literally.

3, Or Jose or Tuchel.

4, Do they? You'll have to provide me with some proof that most mangers get to bring players with them. Most sign new players for sure, Pochettino signed a shit load but you want to believe he had nothing to do with any of them yet at other clubs it's all down to the manager. Bizarre. 

5, Did they? Or did the club reject them? Or did they even even speak? Thought you knew better than to believe what's written in the press.

6, One can  assume the board are absolutely fuming with our league position and no European football, both will have huge implications on FFP. 

7, I doubt any manager will be too bothered by the sales of Lukaku, Maatsen, Kepa, Chalobah, Broja, Lewis Hall, Ziyech, D. Fofana. Oh look, there's an absolute shit load of money we will bring in without touching the first team squad that the media don't want to talk about.

1, Well it should cost persons there job, especially when your parent company primary business id to make money for their investors.

2, Of the starting 11 only 4 players were summer signing, all the subs were pre summer signing, therefore most are on coach no3 or more

3, Neither would entertain the current set up, and TBH nether should be considered for the coaches job again

4, Example, One of you favorites coaches Sarri - Brought jorginho and Higian with him

5, l somewhere in the media world "I cannot be arsed to search" i believe Enrique and Nagelsmann and I think the bloke in Portugal who the dippers have the hots for,  admitting speaking with the club, along with the dynamic duo saying they interviews several candidates for the position.

6, With the dynamic duo reputation on the line, I am sure they will find a way for convincing the board that thing are not as bad as they seem and their man is good for another season, and selling a couple of prided assets e.g. CG  & RJ will offset the potential FFP Implications 

7, As i said in an earlier post the PL threat of PPF and points deductions etc, this summer will be interesting and IMO no club is going to pay a king ransom for any player :as seen in January's  with the lack of transfer activity", therefore many of those you listed are 5 - 10m players on the market, With the likes of Lukaku being unsellable at 37m and i doubt he wants Saudi, Maatsen may go for slightly more, but nowhere near the 30m quoted by the dynamic duo.

I do hope you are still putting the 3.80p each week in the Jar 😀

It been emotional, all the best ROTG  😀

48 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

We could've kept Koulibaly but many weren't happy with him either. 

That because he was toilet and like a fish out of water

• Like 1