Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester United win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/24 at 18:15

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

It the hair cut that makes him stand out like a sore thumb, especially when he’s caught flat footed or out of position. A Short back and sides would help him blend in and stop being so easily identified .

Alternatively if he puts a couple of blue and white streaks through his hair he can become invisible 

100%. I genuinely think he needs to get rid and it would revolutionise his game. He looks like a bog brush that’s startled at having been sent down the loo.

How can you focus when hair is flying everywhere?

7 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

He's far more combative than Enzo and has much more energy so him and Caicedo together would at least give us a much more balanced midfield two.

Poch tried the earlier in the season if my memory serves me it failed. 

Not sure what is the point of reinventing the wheel with 9 games to go. Poch’s target should be to get 50pts out of this squad to justify the hiring of him and another season as the coach. 

Edited by ROTG

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Poch tried the earlier in the season if my memory serves me it failed. 

Not really, not for any amount of time anyway. Certainly not in this current set up.

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Not sure what is the point of reinventing the wheel with 9 games to go. Poch’s target should be to get 50pts out of this squad to justify the hiring of him and another season as the coach. 

He won't reinvent the wheel because he is incapable, which is why he won't be here next season, however many points we end up on.

4 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

He won't reinvent the wheel because he is incapable, which is why he won't be here next season, however many points we end up on.

If he goes, then Winstanley and Stewart would have to go, as they chose and hired him. 

Also I doubt the club has the same appeal anymore to a top coach especially with all the vacancies coming up this summer. Who would want  to coach a team where they have had zero input to the playing staff.

Poch has become a company man hence he is assured of being in the hot seat at the start of next season. 

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

If he goes, then Winstanley and Stewart would have to go, as they chose and hired him. 

You don't sack the people that make these decisions every time they go wrong.

Imagine if we had sacked the people that hired each managed when it didn't work out under Roman.

Also I doubt the club has the same appeal anymore to a top coach especially with all the vacancies coming up this summer.

Doesn't need to be a top coach, we aren't a top club at the moment. Just needs to be someone that isn't inept. Someone that is able to bring in a style, a system, an identity.  Someone that is able to coach these players on the training pitch to improve them both individually and collectively. 

Literally no one here wanted Postecoglu,  except Celery and I think even he had his reasons why he may not have.

Who wouldn't swap Poch for him now?

Who would want  to coach a team where they have had zero input to the playing staff.

Same as any manager going to a new club, no?

Poch has become a company man hence he is assured of being in the hot seat at the start of next season. 

How you think that a man that has been so bad after the board spending all that money, only to go backwards, is assured of a job next season is beyond me. 

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

This can be negated some what if your full backs tuck in and help out but no they have no positional discipline whatsoever. Quite cleary they are instructed to just run and run.

All this leaves our two centre backs completely and utterly exposed. 

It's really embarrassing to watch on a weekly basis.

Was going to make this exact point also.  

Cucurella and Gusto have been playing as wing-backs but in a full-back formation.  With those two getting forward, plus Enzo, too many times it basically left Disasi, Badiashille and Caicedo to defend a counter attack.   And you can cut through us with ease. 

It's pretty straight forward, in a back 4 if one full back goes, the other sits - Jose used to apply that rule all the time. 

We are incredibly exciting going forward, no doubt about that.  A lot of that is to do with Cole Palmer but in fairness we also have Nkunku and Chuk to return - and Reece James even,  but Poch simply has to strike a better balance between attacking and defending.  It's going to cost him his job if he doesn't. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

You don't sack the people that make these decisions every time they go wrong.

In the real world, when you makes mistakes that cost thousands of dollars, you do not stay in your job. 

46 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Doesn't need to be a top coach, we aren't a top club at the moment. Just needs to be someone that isn't inept. Someone that is able to bring in a style, a system, an identity.  Someone that is able to coach these players on the training pitch to improve them both individually and collectively. 

well this squad will have got through coach No3 in 18 months if Poch walks. Maybe its not the coach which is the problem. 

49 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Literally no one here wanted Postecoglu,  except Celery and I think even he had his reasons why he may not have.

Who wouldn't swap Poch for him now?

Good chance of Moyes being available in the summer. Maybe Bielsa?

51 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Same as any manager going to a new club, no?

Absolutely not, most new coaches bring in one or two of their trusted players to a club. Even mid season hires are supported in the January window. 

54 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

How you think that a man that has been so bad after the board spending all that money, only to go backwards, is assured of a job next season is beyond me. 

Company man hired by the dynamic duo who is happy to coach a squad provided to him by his employers and will not rock the boat. Both Enrique and Naglesmann said no thanks at the first meeting with the dynamic duo, when they rolled out project Chelsea.

One can assume the company man will stay silent during the June fire sale of players for FFP compliance or whatever it's called.

In the real world, when you makes mistakes that cost thousands of dollars, you do not stay in your job. 

So, what's your point?

Football isn't the real world and those mistakes don't cost you your job? Kind of what I was saying. 

well this squad will have got through coach No3 in 18 months if Poch walks. Maybe its not the coach which is the problem. 

It's a completely different squad. Literally.

Good chance of Moyes being available in the summer. Maybe Bielsa?

Or Jose or Tuchel.

Absolutely not, most new coaches bring in one or two of their trusted players to a club. Even mid season hires are supported in the January window. 

Do they? You'll have to provide me with some proof that most mangers get to bring players with them. Most sign new players for sure, Pochettino signed a shit load but you want to believe he had nothing to do with any of them yet at other clubs it's all down to the manager. Bizarre. 

Company man hired by the dynamic duo who is happy to coach a squad provided to him by his employers and will not rock the boat. Both Enrique and Naglesmann said no thanks at the first meeting with the dynamic duo, when they rolled out project Chelsea.

Did they? Or did the club reject them? Or did they even even speak? Thought you knew better than to believe what's written in the press.

One can assume the company man will stay silent during the June fire sale of players for FFP compliance or whatever it's called.

One can  assume the board are absolutely fuming with our league position and no European football, both will have huge implications on FFP. 

I doubt any manager will be too bothered by the sales of Lukaku, Maatsen, Kepa, Chalobah, Broja, Lewis Hall, Ziyech, D. Fofana. Oh look, there's an absolute shit load of money we will bring in without touching the first team squad that the media don't want to talk about.

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Was going to make this exact point also.  

Cucurella and Gusto have been playing as wing-backs but in a full-back formation.  With those two getting forward, plus Enzo, too many times it basically left Disasi, Badiashille and Caicedo to defend a counter attack.   And you can cut through us with ease. 

It's pretty straight forward, in a back 4 if one full back goes, the other sits - Jose used to apply that rule all the time. 

We are incredibly exciting going forward, no doubt about that.  A lot of that is to do with Cole Palmer but in fairness we also have Nkunku and Chuk to return - and Reece James even,  but Poch simply has to strike a better balance between attacking and defending.  It's going to cost him his job if he doesn't. 

In the commentary, Joe Cole said that we were playing with one dropping back when the other goes forward in possession. My memory says otherwise, and as you say, we were short. I will watch again this afternoon. As you say, we used to do this all the time. 

36 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It's actually hard for me to say whether we are "incredibly exciting going forward" or if Poch is just playing such an open game that we are bound to get chances and so is the opposition. He deserves credit for getting us out of our period of being unable to create anything, but at what cost? You could argue he's playing to our strengths, and you have to score goals to win games, but I find it exhausting to watch our games when they are like basketball matches.

16 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

5th goal this season  and also been very unlucky with 3 great efforts hitting the woodwork. More goal threat in one season than Jorginho (minus pens) and Kova managed in their entire careers at Chelsea.

You're not really comparing like for like. Gallagher is playing in the number 10 (he shouldn't be). Jorginho and Kova played much deeper. 

16 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

We need to score 2 more to make sure we win this - and please no half time 

Good spot. 

16 hours ago, Ham said:

Two more goals and I think we can hold on. 

And again

16 hours ago, Holymoly said:

And here comes the collapse.

Yes, completely predictable. When we concede a bad goal, we just collapse. 

16 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Collapse in full flow. Cheers Caicedo.

Mistakes happen. It was shocking, and I am not trying to defend it, but the team needs to be able to stand up against adversity. As soon as we concede, we crumble. Caicedo was at fault for the first, but the way we dissolve under any pressure is something that really needs addressing. 

16 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I feel so sorry for the likes of Gallagher, Palmer and Jackson, who work so hard up top, they never stop running and our defence just can’t do its job. Must be so disheartening, knowing you need to score 4/5 every game to win.

I don't think it is the defence on its own. It's the team set up. the defence has no protection. 

being a good defensive team, is about all players from 1-11 doing their job, not just having 4 good defenders.

16 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

That simply header for us should have been 3-0 . You can’t ignore that either. 

Sure. but you're not going to score every chance. 2-0 up and as long as you do nothing silly, you should be ok.....

16 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Because the team has no brains, spirit, heart, togetherness, organisation, leadership, steel or coaching. 

Whatever you want to throw at this team, I don't think you can fairly accuse them of a lack of spirit and togetherness. It is an organizational shambles, riddled with mistakes, but I have never questioned the spirit. 

16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

It was a truly appalling piece of football, he should see the rest of the season out in the reserves if we were a proper football club and it's not the first time hes done it either. 

throwing a player under the bus isn't helping anything. we wouldn't have many left if we did that

16 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Screenshot_20240404-221734.png

the left back tore over to the right hand side. where Bruno was, is where the LB should be.

15 hours ago, Ham said:

What does Dalot have to do to get a yellow?

Think he ended up with 6 fouls. No yellow. Astonishing. 

15 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

8 minutes more suffering for us

Well..........

15 hours ago, JaneB said:

And at least he cares.  

That's not enough. I care. 

14 hours ago, Bigpokey24 said:

We need to address the CBs we have , I really don't think Dsasi and Badashille are good enough,  We've let in 50 goals in 29 league games. That's really bad.

It's awful, but the problem is far wider than just the CBs as individuals.

13 hours ago, east lower said:

Just watched the Caicedo balls-up for their first, it’s worse than I thought. WTF was he thinking attempting a pass to a bloke who had three bearing down on him anyway, pass to the keeper. 

It was also, credit where due, very well taken.

We seem to be going through a phase of being ruthlessly punished for every mistake, whilst not killing games ourselves when presented with the same......although Onana did help us with the first.

12 hours ago, east lower said:

Forgot to say that Madueke was trying to get the ball off Palmer to take the penalty in injury time himself and when he didn’t get his own way started throwing in arms around. Great one moment, acts like a tit the next - Wondering why you can’t get a start Noni? Look in the mirror fella!

Shocking. Especially after what happened against Leicester.

Why on Earth would anyone think taking the ball off Palmer is a good idea? What is it now, 8 from 8? That must be heading towards a record. I wonder what the highest number scored is before a first miss?

I know his 16 league goals are padded with penalties, but just about all them have been pressure kicks. I dont recall any that were the 3rd goal in a 3-0........all important. Unbelievable composure for a guy that age. I know it is early, but where does he sit in the list of our best ever forwards? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yes. It was a great cross, but he heads it from the penalty spot. If he stays on his line, it's an easy save.

If he stays on his line every option is with the attacker....he got caught out for sure but the initial errors led to an almost impossible situation for any keeper,,,stay and you are truly F'ed... in fairness the scorer (I don't do manure names!) reacted well but if there had been no challenge (and it was well misjudged) he would have had so many choices. not just the header one..not exonerating Petr but a really bad position for any keeper to handle.

IMHO as ever.

Edited by chara

Amazing how in two minutes things can swing from "end the season now" to "we can take United and we can grab sixth place".

Means nothing if we mess things up on Sunday. but I just hope we take some sort of proper momentum from this and scrap our way to another few victories on the spin.

9 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Deserved. Mount is a proper dickhead and bang average to boot. I only saw through him at the 2022 World Cup when he was always trying to be at the centre of every photo opportunity, even when he had been dropped.

He's spent the last couple of years improving his brand instead of his ability.

16 minutes ago, chara said:

If he stays on his line every option is with the attacker....he got caught out for sure but the initial errors led to an almost impossible situation for any keeper,,,stay and you are truly F'ed... in fairness the scorer (I don't do manure names!) reacted well but if there had been no challenge (and it was well misjudged) he would have had so many choices. not just the header one..not exonerating Petr but a really bad position for any keeper to handle.

IMHO as ever.

So many choices? It would have been a VERY difficult cross to control and shoot. His only option was heading, IMO

Poch overplaying the fan connection?
IMO he really needs to stop banging on about this project being "different from the last 20 years" (didnt say this at the beginning of the season) and our position being due to "circumstances"

IMO the fans were only celebrating last night because we won and it was fun - not because we thought we played well or are behind Poch

We were about 2 minutes away from a chorus of boos

Just now, Max Fowler said:

Poch overplaying the fan connection?
IMO he really needs to stop banging on about this project being "different from the last 20 years" (didnt say this at the beginning of the season) and our position being due to "circumstances"

IMO the fans were only celebrating last night because we won and it was fun - not because we thought we played well or are behind Poch

We were about 2 minutes away from a chorus of boos

Mo 

I'd really , really like you if you did some , you know , coaching . 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

IMO the fans were only celebrating last night because we won and it was fun -

Which is exactly why we go, and why you never leave early. 

Was pandemonium at the end. Bloody brilliant. 

imagine being one of the idiots who left early

• Like 1

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

He won the penalty for his first goal.

Of all the chaos of last night, I don't think he was the biggest problem by any stretch. 

Winning a penalty but getting abused all night by one of the worst wingers in the league. He was terrible. 

We have a huge LB problem that has to get addressed this summer. 110m worth of LBs currently and they're both poor. 

38 minutes ago, Bison said:

Winning a penalty but getting abused all night by one of the worst wingers in the league. He was terrible. 

We have a huge LB problem that has to get addressed this summer. 110m worth of LBs currently and they're both poor. 

Excuse me. Chilwell isn’t poor imo. At all. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but anyone know what was going on between Mount and Enzo?

I've no time for Mason Mount any more, I still feel betrayed,  but perhaps Enzo would like to look at his own contribution to this current Chelsea team before shouting his mouth off at someone who, whilst he was here, did contribute a great deal and was deservedly a fans' favourite before it all went horribly wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2