Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Arsenal win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/24 at 18:00

3 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Why is it that someone who knows as little about football as me could take one look at our starting line up and fear we are in for a drubbing, and the manager of our club, paid an absolute fortune, can put out a side like that and think it’s a sensible idea? I don’t get it. What is he playing at? 

Don't put yourself down.You know plenty about football - just because Poch is paid a fortune and therefore knows more about football is a fallacy.

Many many contributers here called him out a long time ago and have been proved right.

He is not the biggest problem, but he is the current one.Clearlake is the biggest problem that I can see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, east lower said:

Mudryck might need a coach to improve him, can anyone give Enzo new legs and lungs 🫁.

So we not only need Dynamo the Magician  to manage us but also Dr Frankenstein as his assistant so he can  give Enzo new lungs and legs and Mudryk a new brain.

Edited by boratsbrother

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I'm not too concerned  if the likes of Disasi and some of the others don't make it because we'll probably be able to get a decent chunk of our money back on them, but there's no question we've put ourselves into a deep hole with some of the recent signings.

Nearly 73 million pounds wasted on Disaster and the other one, the chuckle brothers, both on long term contracts, both championship level players. We’re not moving them on anytime soon and when we do we’ll probably get a bag of magic beans for them. You can count on one hand the signings that can improve, think everyone knows who they are, we’re stuck with the others.

Get Angelo and Santos integrated in to the squad for a start, because they actually look half decent and we may as way flog some of this lot out on loan if we can and replace them.  No one is improving the likes of Mudryk, it’s a lost cause. 

Edited by Floyd25

15 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Don't put yourself down.You know plenty about football - just because Poch is paid a fortune and therefore knows more about football is a fallacy.

Many many contributers here called him out a long time ago and have been proved right.

He is not the biggest problem, but he is the current one.Clearlake is the biggest problem that I can see.

I looked at the team sheet just before I left for the clinic appointment....my reaction was exactly the same as most if not all on here.... it didn't take a high level coaching/playing ability to see a disaster just waiting the opening/closing whistle...... I finally was sat in the waiting room just after the end of the game and foolishly looked at the result before meeting the Cardio surgeon who pretty much saved my life way back in 2016...no dramatics but true,,, knowing my Chelsea loyalty he asked about Chelsea...you can imagine the conversation,,,fortunately the EKG test and BP showed no Chelsea impact...grateful for small mercies!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Will only accept the position if i can have either Winstanley's or Stewart's company car 

image.png.d0e2090ae1b6b95e9c3cba43b73d623f.png

Good lad.The chances are you will make no difference.

6 hours ago, Blue Kratos said:

OK I see what you're saying but this guy has to make a difference or I'm fresh out of ideas.

download.jpeg

Karim Benzema!! Good idea - we need experience. Amen to that!  🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

Good lad.The chances are you will make no difference.

Probably - On the positive side I will have a pension i could never of dreamed of, even if i don't last the 8 year contract 😀

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

Not sure, however he should have been left at Leicester for the season. Can you imagine how high his confidence would have been right now and the amount of additional minutes he would have played. 

Another bizarre decision from the Chelsea leadership. One can also bet money he will be loaned out again next season. 

💯💯

Let's be honest - Havertz is a better player than Jackson. Probably always will be. And I don't even mind Jackson. I think he's an okay second striker. And of course Kai has his flaws. But when you sell to rivals and they go top of the league - it's not a good look, especially when he scores twice against you.

• Like 2

Feel bad for Gallagher having to come out and front up for the team after that performance, but fair play to him for doing it. The fact that he’s the one that has to do it, really does sum up how we lack experience in this squad.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I just saw that after the game Pochettino blamed the result on the players “inconsistency”, as if the outcome had nothing to do with him.

It’s pathetic to throw the players under the bus like that when it was clear to everyone before the game that his team selection and tactics that followed were inviting disaster. Any half competent manager wouldn’t expose the players like that. How have the Board allowed this disaster to carry on? 

The Board made a mistake in hiring him and they’ve made things worse by not firing him sooner. They are just as responsible for this shambles. 

• Agree 3

Compare and contrast:

Fernandez and Caicedo versus Odegaard and Rice.

Think about it and let it sink in.

Then look at the ease that they moved the ball around and the difficulty we had in stringing 3 passes together as an attacking unit. 

Corners - How many times did our coach let the short corner routine happen with Mudryck expected to cover two and three of their players.

The longer the coach stays here the more damage he’s going to cause. Most can see it now. 

If it were within my means I’d have the lot out and start again with proper strategy, structure and personnel - Unfortunately it isn’t, so the reality is you start with the coach, you see if a change in coach works improvement and you go from there. However you must include the coach in recruiting players. Not a token effort, but if he say no, it’s no.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Feel bad for Gallagher having to come out and front up for the team after that performance, but fair play to him for doing it. The fact that he’s the one that has to do it, really does sum up how we lack experience in this squad.

Looks shell-shocked and rolled out the clichés. I know someone has to do these interviews, but I'd have risked the fine and not sent anyone out or done them all myself. Taking full responsibility for the performance and result.

Not our bloke, got a massive yellow streak running right through him.

Treating the players like crash-test dummies.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I just saw that after the game Pochettino blamed the result on the players “inconsistency”, as if the outcome had nothing to do with him.

It’s pathetic to throw the players under the bus like that when it was clear to everyone before the game that his team selection and tactics that followed were inviting disaster. Any half competent manager wouldn’t expose the players like that. How have the Board allowed this disaster to carry on? 

The Board made a mistake in hiring him and they’ve made things worse by not firing him sooner. They are just as responsible for this shambles. 

He is not telling it how it is because other teams would take advantage, last league match we won 6-0.

Different players and at home  then, last night lack of squad strength.

Edited by jasonb

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Probably - On the positive side I will have a pension i could never of dreamed of, even if i don't last the 8 year contract 😀

You'd have that in less than a season.

Almost every one of our managers/coaches have been on double-time or better.

I'd like to think there's some sort of performance related clause in the current one's contract that means they can sack him without a payoff - are they that smart? Doubt it as they hired him to start with - a serial non-achiever.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Let's be honest - Havertz is a better player than Jackson. Probably always will be. And I don't even mind Jackson. I think he's an okay second striker. And of course Kai has his flaws. But when you sell to rivals and they go top of the league - it's not a good look, especially when he scores twice against you.

Maybe it's because I follow Italian football and big players going between rival clubs has been happening for donkeys years, but I've no great issue with selling to rivals for the most part. Of course, when the player sold goes on to be in a better side and then ultimately scores against the side he just left it does make it look worse.

Bigger picture though, he's a okay player that'll have his moments. I can live with that. I'd be more cheesed if we were selling a player of the calibre of a Lampard or Hazard, something Havertz is very far removed from.

It is what it is. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It doesn't matter about the players...

It does matter about the players though Mark.

My dying wish is to get you to admit that - if Pochettino is as bad as you make out, then are the board not making a colossal failure in continuing to back him?

And if they made a colossal failure there, are they also not clearly doing that in terms of recruitment?

I disagree with you practically not at all on Poch. I would just love you to hear you criticise the board because frankly, he represents their decision making as much if not more than his own failings.

Where could we finish without Poch? 4th? 5th? 6th? Maybe, at a push. But even with the best manager at the helm there would be no pathway forward to go any further than that without a significant change in strategy.