Thiago Silva

JaneB

Gutted to see him go, but I understand it and we do need to move on from him at some stage. It’s a shame he wants to keep playing and can’t move straight into a coaching role of some sort.

Hopefully, he just has a year or two back in Brazil and will then come back. Chelsea does feel like his club and his family seem settled.

56 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The Premier league is a very unforgiving league, we got Silva too late but I'm glad we got him. 

Lovely player, hope he has a happy time back in Brazil. 

We did get him too late, but in his time in the league, even at his age, he’s been arguably one of the best CBs in the league. Privilege to have watched him in a Chelsea shirt, a quality player and man.

Silva and Terry is a partnership I would love to have seen.

• Love 3

Just magnificent. One of the few who actually cares about the club. Wish him every happiness. A privilege to have had Thiago at Chelsea. He deserved way better than the bunch of w*****s around him the last two seasons. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

He has been just brilliant. I will miss him. From day 1 he has shown how to win fans over by his actions both on and off the field. He will always be remembered fondly 

Edited by Rick1977
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Will be sad to see Thiago Silva go. As someone that was big on us signing him originally despite others having reservations, I think he's gone on to showcase just how good of a player he's been despite his age and limitations. 

We may not have had his prime years but he'll forever hold a fond place here and a big part of our second Champions League victory. A shame we couldn't do more at times for him, but that's how it goes sometimes. 

A return to Brazil was always likely to occur and this is probably a good of a time as any to do it. Hopefully we'll see him back at the club again, he'll always be welcomed with open arms. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, chara said:

Hmm...

"Fabregas stayed too long" @JaneB

"Bonetti wasn't half the keeper Kepa is" @chara

"Chelsea will never win again" @CarefreeMuratcan

"Too many emojis being used " @Chelsea_Matt

"Lost..one sheepdog" @ROTG

"Bring back FSW"...overwhelming number of members ..too many to list..brings down the system only for Sam to step in once more and rescue us!

🤣🤣🤣👀🫶🏻🙈🤪 🇺🇸 🇬🇧 ️ 

14 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

"Stay until the end" of what, Romano?

The right thing for all concerned, gutted for him he's not going out on the high he personally deserves. Wonder what his kids will do, presumably won't stay with the academy.

I'd say it's fine he is not going out on a high. He got the CL at the start. Doesn't matter the order it happened, as long as it did.

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Will be sad to see Thiago Silva go. As someone that was big on us signing him originally despite others having reservations, I think he's gone on to showcase just how good of a player he's been despite his age and limitations. 

We may not have had his prime years but he'll forever hold a fond place here and a big part of our second Champions League victory. A shame we couldn't do more at times for him, but that's how it goes sometimes. 

A return to Brazil was always likely to occur and this is probably a good of a time as any to do it. Hopefully we'll see him back at the club again, he'll always be welcomed with open arms. 

It's been a mutually beneficial arrangement which all parties got a lot out of. After being ditched by PSG, he must have thought his chances of even playing CL football after that might have been limited. The fact that he and we helped each other realise that dream was fantastic. Neither thought in a million years when he signed, he would be here for 4 years. 

• Like 1

Just a random prediction - I believe many will look back next season and think why did we get rid of Thiago Silva? Why not one more year?
I think we will not replace him with experience and realise that we needed it.

2 hours ago, east lower said:

One of those you'd want to shake their hand and hold onto it for a minute or two.

One line that sums up what we all feel.... Thanks mate. Great post.

Edited by chara
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/thiago-silva-to-depart-chelsea-at-the-end-of-the-season

We were lucky and blessed to have him at our club for four years. It sounds like he’ll be back in a different role in the future.

Good luck for what’s next Thiago, can’t wait to have you back home soon!