CFCnet 23/24 awards - RESULTS ARE IN!! ×

Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

my wider problem is that he doesn't seem to save much at all. 

Exactly what I've been thinking lately.

For me, he seems to either be seeing the ball a fraction of a second late or moving his feet a fraction of a second too slowly. Just doesn't get across to enough of the shots that aren't straight at him. Personally I think Sanchez is the better shot stopper, but neither are really good enough to be a number one keeper. Petrovich has age on his side though and with more experience at this level he might be develop into a number one in a couple more seasons. 

4 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

I would be trying to get Ortega out of City. He’s looked very good when called upon. You would think Ederson will remain N01, and with Ortega being early 30s, maybe that promise of 1st team football could tempt him. He’s surprised me how good he has looked, as I was not familiar with him before he joined them. 

This aged very well indeed. 

Looks a proper keeper.  

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, east lower said:

It was a kind of rhetorical response.

The press have got a friend on the inside in my view, but we have other issues and bigger priorities other than LB and GK - Centre-Half and Striker being two.

Getting the clubs finances with FSP sorted or confirmation there is an issue, before thinking about transfer movement.

Got a feeling recruitment will be limited as the not so dynamic duo have used up all their ex- employers target and players, and will hide behind the likes of Nkuku, Forfana, Lavia etc. being new signings.

This is another reason for them keeping their company man at the helm, unless he decides to walk

19 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Cucu is coming along nicely

One would have thought the club would have brought the finished article given his age, transfer fee and £175k per week salary

8 hours ago, Ham said:

This aged very well indeed. 

Looks a proper keeper.  

I didn’t see the game last night. Blown his cover a little more after reading about it this morning…..bad timing as that makes it harder to get him out of there, or adds much more competition if it is possible!

9 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Exactly what I've been thinking lately.

For me, he seems to either be seeing the ball a fraction of a second late or moving his feet a fraction of a second too slowly. Just doesn't get across to enough of the shots that aren't straight at him. Personally I think Sanchez is the better shot stopper, but neither are really good enough to be a number one keeper. Petrovich has age on his side though and with more experience at this level he might be develop into a number one in a couple more seasons. 

Chara has played at a decent level as a goal keeper.Why don't you ask him what he thinks - or do you think you know more?.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

We paid a few shillings for cudicini and he turned out to be one of our best players.

Yes, uncovering a Cudicini mark II would be superb!

Great bloke as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Getting the clubs finances with FSP sorted or confirmation there is an issue, before thinking about transfer movement.

Got a feeling recruitment will be limited as the not so dynamic duo have used up all their ex- employers target and players, and will hide behind the likes of Nkuku, Forfana, Lavia etc. being new signings.

This is another reason for them keeping their company man at the helm, unless he decides to walk

He’ll be the scapegoat in all likelihood, whether they get one or more ‘shots at the title’ is in the laps of the ownership.

There’ll most likely be a striker and a centre half. We have to hope that they have the sense to tie-up Gallagher to a deal. That’s not because I believe he’s a world class talent, but because he’s the glue that holds a functionally effective together with the attributes he does possess.

20 minutes ago, east lower said:

He’ll be the scapegoat in all likelihood, whether they get one or more ‘shots at the title’ is in the laps of the ownership.

There’ll most likely be a striker and a centre half. We have to hope that they have the sense to tie-up Gallagher to a deal. That’s not because I believe he’s a world class talent, but because he’s the glue that holds a functionally effective together with the attributes he does possess.

I think I'm alone in this but if we have Nkunku and Jackson , do we really need another stab at an unproven expensive striker? 

I think I'd be sitting on my hands considering we'll also have DD Fofana returning from loan who's notched a few in a crap side . 

Maybe an old stager winding down for a swan song ? 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Anyone know much about Tosin Adarabioyo?

Looks like another one from Chitty academy. U23 during shields watch. 
26yo though 

feet to the fire on that one if the club try to do business with our neighbour from Putney. 

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Looks like another one from Chitty academy. U23 during shields watch. 
26yo though 

feet to the fire on that one if the club try to do business with our neighbour from Putney. 

He's on a free at the end of the season so Fulham dont have much leverage in that....BUT, i dont think he will want to come to us. We're stacked with CBs

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think I'm alone in this but if we have Nkunku and Jackson , do we really need another stab at an unproven expensive striker? 

I think I'd be sitting on my hands considering we'll also have DD Fofana returning from loan who's notched a few in a crap side . 

I smell an Enrique de Lucas summer.

24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Would you bet your own money on Nkunku staying fit for most of a season or DDF being a viable option  - I wouldn’t currently.

11 minutes ago, east lower said:

Would you bet your own money on Nkunku staying fit for most of a season or DDF being a viable option  - I wouldn’t currently.

Probably not , it's a difficult one . I don't think I'd be confident on spending £100m plus on Osimhen either ! 

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Probably not , it's a difficult one . I don't think I'd be confident on spending £100m plus on Osimhen either ! 

The club have to move your favourite Chelsea striker first, before thinking about another striker. 

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

The club have to move your favourite Chelsea striker first, before thinking about another striker. 

With him being a goal machine and elite it shouldn't be an issue 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Agreed, the gruesome-twosome in their Creepy-Coup (one for the Wacky-Races oeficionado’s) need to do their jobs and find a reasonably priced 15+ goal a year striker.

14 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Even that loud-mouthed gobs***e has been very quiet recently. So my suspicion is that there’s a reason and that being a deal is being brokered somewhere for him and even he knows it’s best to stay quiet?

8 minutes ago, east lower said:

Agreed, the gruesome-twosome in their Creepy-Coup (one for the Wacky-Races oeficionado’s) need to do their jobs and find a reasonably priced 15+ goal a year striker.

Sesko

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Sesko

Would not be against this.  Room to improve, physically very different to what we have currently, probably wouldn't cost the Earth, could loan or sell players the other way as part of the deal.

Ticks quite a few boxes as an option

• Like 1