CFCnet 23/24 awards - voting OPEN! ×

Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, chara said:

Interesting given that Chelsea /Burnley was the  first game I saw at SB..But No...merely an echo of "The Wild Rover" that wandered in as I posted!🍻🍺........ more a White Rose sort of guy not the Red Rose lot, 

Spent a bit of time around Halifax back in the day...as they say...Between Hell, Hull and Halifax!

Yep, they belt out the Wild Rover song with the No, Nay,  Never bit very audible.

That Lancs/Yorks border has some lovely spots away from those old industrial towns and cities. Hebden Bridge in the hills/peaks is really pretty.

Edited by east lower

3 minutes ago, east lower said:

Yep, they belt out the Wild Rover don’t with the No, Nay,  Never bit very audible.

That Lancs/Yorks border has some lovely spots away from those old industrial towns and cities. Hebden Bridge in the hills/peaks is really pretty.

Strangely enough I have actually been there..had a friend in Halifax,,,great local famed cricketer and CH...at Halifax as a kid but being a stubborn Yorkshire lad left because he wasn't prepared to clean other player's boots.

One visit,"Bring your boots,,,might get you a game in our reserves or third team",,,he was a near vet at that time..."Got your boots lad?,,we are both in the first team,"..Thanks a lot!....deep end stuff!!!

6 minutes ago, chara said:

Strangely enough I have actually been there..had a friend in Halifax,,,great local famed cricketer and CH...at Halifax as a kid but being a stubborn Yorkshire lad left because he wasn't prepared to clean other player's boots.

One visit,"Bring your boots,,,might get you a game in our reserves or third team",,,he was a near vet at that time..."Got your boots lad?,,we are both in the first team,"..Thanks a lot!....deep end stuff!!!

Hardy sorts round that way, could have been interesting games!

1 hour ago, chara said:

Interesting given that Chelsea /Burnley was the  first game I saw at SB..But No...merely an echo of "The Wild Rover" that wandered in as I posted!🍻🍺........ more a White Rose sort of guy not the Red Rose lot, 

Spent a bit of time around Halifax back in the day...as they say...Between Hell, Hull and Halifax!

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Yep, they belt out the Wild Rover song with the No, Nay,  Never bit very audible.

Had a girlfriend from Halifax back in the day. 

Some beautiful towns around that way.  

I was reliably informed that the scenery in the CleckHuddersFax triangle was 'ead n shoulders above t'rest.  

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

wow.

Grealish would be a complete disaster. Big time charlie, turns 29 in September, would cost a fortune, have massive wages, and has scored less frequently for City than Sterling has for us (let alone what Sterling did for City)

Pep wants him gone for reason.

Personally I think he's better than what we've got quite comfortably and would at least give us one player in the front 3 who can trap a bag of cement.

As for cost? I couldn't care less, it's not my money and they'd just waste it on someone else anyway.

Edited by ChelseaJambo
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, east lower said:

Hardy sorts round that way, could have been interesting games!

Indeed ! Long time ago but I did ok as I recall,,cetainly we won but I think I conceded a goal,,not an error but what I do recall,,funny what you do..was a mouthy little kid behind the goal giving me stick for the goal,,,but my mate did give me Yokshire barely a grunt good game comment..like a Word from the Gods!😆

1 minute ago, Ham said:

I was reliably informed that the scenery in the CleckHuddersFax triangle was 'ead n shoulders above t'rest.  

Like good Yorkshire folk “they say what they like, and they like what they bloody well say” (with the Yorkie accent).

Lovely places, but cold and wet outside of Summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chara said:

Indeed ! Long time ago but I did ok as I recall,,cetainly we won but I think I conceded a goal,,not an error but what I do recall,,funny what you do..was a mouthy little kid behind the goal giving me stick for the goal,,,but my mate did give me Yokshire barely a grunt good game comment..like a Word from the Gods!😆

Al’reet - Scant praise😂

Flat-cap, Ferret and Whippet waiting for him in’t changin’room?

3 minutes ago, east lower said:

Like good Yorkshire folk “they say what they like, and they like what they bloody well say” (with the Yorkie accent).

Lovely places, but cold and wet outside of Summer.

Ah,,A yorkie,,,now there was a bar!

• Agree 1

Just now, east lower said:

Al’reet - Scant praise😂

Nearly...legendary little border/lakeland cross terrier..Rusty,,,they did fox clearance for farmers,,,a bounty back at that time for a tail....and a demon on the domino battlefield !!

4 minutes ago, chara said:

Still sell them now.

1 minute ago, chara said:

Nearly...legendary little border/lakeland cross terrier..Rusty,,,they did fox clearance for farmers,,,a bounty back at that time for a tail....and a demon on the domino battlefield !!

Not really a fan of small dogs, don’t get me wrong - love most animals but the small dog syndrome thing gets a bit wearing. 

I take my Husky out and the small dogs have a yap and get all spiky at her. She just looks at them in disdain and wanders off. Same as the German Shepherd’s did.

10 minutes ago, chara said:

7 minutes ago, east lower said:

Did a version with small biscuits and raisins as well, if I recall correctly. 

Oh no you two, not this again 🙄

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, east lower said:

Still sell them now.

Not really a fan of small dogs, don’t get me wrong - love most animals but the small dog syndrome thing gets a bit wearing. 

I take my Husky out and the small dogs have a yap and get all spiky at her. She just looks at them in disdain and wanders off. Same as the German Shepherd’s did.

Get your point and agree mostly but a real working terrier is not your yappy lap dog ,,,apologies to Mark can see your mob are not all mouth and trousers!,,,character beats yappy every time.

OK Jane is watching us closely but an OG relevant  "war story" (well chara judged relevant!) ...me and my mate Pete at a clunky dance place in Kingsbury,,,some younger guys we knew came up and asked us if we would "help" them in a "discussion" with a mean bunch from the wilds of Neasden..wandered along to find we were confronting what seemed like a bunch of soppy 14 year old...the Husky/GS response with shaking heads!

Edited by chara

16 minutes ago, east lower said:

Al’reet - Scant praise😂

You forgot the packet of 20 woodbine 

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Still sell them now.

Huskies and GSDs ARE small dogs 😉

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

If you don't think that Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are the greatest dogs on the planet then I'm afraid I can't help you......

I might have to block multiple posters.

Edited by Ham

4 hours ago, Ham said:

That'll be Cleckheaton?..... bringing  back a lot of really old fond memories including a couple of games at Huddersfield (old ground)