CFCnet 23/24 awards - voting OPEN! ×

Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He'll flop harder than Big Daddy. 

Wouldn't anyone under the current fella, even Lionel Messi would sorry, has already. He has already achieved what almost no one else in the world has managed to do and that's make Messi look ordinary.

Edited by east lower

38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Will instantly turn into the backward lovechild of Mateja Kezman and Robert Fleck, unable to trap a bag of cement and with legs  like a baby giraffe in front of goal the moment he signs for us. A £100m buy who only has two modes: injured and offside. Gets comfortably outscored by Jackson next season despite starting more games. 

Will make Paul Furlong look like Christian Vieri. 

Edited by Morgs
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Tend to agree. I'd rather we got Sesko. He's not the finished article by any means and I would agree that a young inexperienced striker seems like the very last thing we need, but I just think he's going to be a real player. And he's relatively cheap. We seem committed to another year or two in the wilderness anyway, so why not.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Morgs said:

Will instantly turn into the backward lovechild of Mateja Kezman and Robert Fleck, unable to trap a bag of cement and with legs  like a baby giraffe in front of goal the moment he signs for us. A £100m buy who only has two modes: injured and offside. Gets comfortably outscored by Jackson next season despite starting more games. 

Will make Paul Furlong look like Christian Vieri. 

Not sure how he’s gonna get outscored by Jackson when in a bang average season for Napoli he’s got 12 goals in 19 league games versus Jackson’s 9 goals in 27

38 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Not sure how he’s gonna get outscored by Jackson when in a bang average season for Napoli he’s got 12 goals in 19 league games versus Jackson’s 9 goals in 27

Thats just the point. Its the Chelsea curse. 

World class, true pedigree strikers with incredible strike rates come to Chelsea and founder without trace. 

There's no rhyme or reason to it. The more highly rated they seem to be, the worse the failure is. 

The only decent strikers we've had in the last 20 years were Drogba, Costa, Crespo, Anelka and for half a season, Eto'o. 

The list is like a who's who of European strikers. Mutu, Kezman, Pizarro, Pato, Falcao, Werner, Torres, Higuain, Morata, Shevchenko, Batshuayi, Aubameyang, Felix, Havertz, Lukaku and before them Sutton, Fleck....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Morgs said:

World class, true pedigree strikers with incredible strike rates come to Chelsea and founder without trace. 

There's no rhyme or reason to it. The more highly rated they seem to be, the worse the failure is. 

The only decent strikers we've had in the last 20 years were Drogba, Costa, Crespo, Anelka and for half a season, Eto'o. 

The list is like a who's who of European strikers. Mutu, Kezman, Pizarro, Pato, Falcao, Werner, Torres, Higuain, Morata, Shevchenko, Batshuayi, Aubameyang, Felix, Havertz, Lukaku and before them Sutton, Fleck....

Woah woah woah... Eidur Gudjohnsen!

2 hours ago, Morgs said:

How many of those strikers did we sign when they were on the up?

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Jorghino Havertz and Kova starting in two key CL semi finals tonight. Yep but it’s a great idea to sell experienced players to our rivals 😵😵😵😵😵

Are any of them the reason why they are in the quarters (not semis)? 

Jorginho maybe a factor but the others, not so much. 

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Are any of them the reason why they are in the quarters (not semis)? 

Jorginho maybe a factor but the others, not so much. 

They all contributed! Teams are about having the right people working together 

Meanwhile TT demolishing Arsenal

18 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

They all contributed! Teams are about having the right people working together 

Meanwhile TT demolishing Arsenal

If that was demolishing then the same could be said about Sheffield U and Burnley.

From what I saw it was a fair result; probably Arsenal should have had a penalty in the last minutes.

Looks like a busy summer window coming which means yet another season of players getting used to each other unless the business is all done the day the window opens and they get a full pre season to bond...recent experience says that wont happen.

27 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Looks like a busy summer window coming which means yet another season of players getting used to each other unless the business is all done the day the window opens and they get a full pre season to bond...recent experience says that wont happen.

You think it will be busy? With all of our budget spent, I'm thinking it will be a 3-in, 3-out summer. The most important thing is getting players settled and getting them fit.

17 hours ago, exiledblue said:

I think it’ll be busier with outgoings than incomings to be honest.

• Like 1

That is true for any player at the end of a contract. Palmer will have to leave if his contract expires. Conor's contract expires in June 2025. If the club intends to make an offer, it will be in May because of PRS. If not, they will seek bids in the Summer. Until then, this is just idle speculation without foundation. It's a typically stupid headline on a story that says nothing of any note:

Sources: Chelsea star ready to look for move amid Chelsea hierarchy uncertainty (hitc.com)

• Agree 1

Very similar to Jackson in some ways which explains why I rate him. Not the most prolific but I like how he plays. Think he could score more. Would definitely sign if it made sense financially. 

25 minutes ago, Bison said:

Very similar to Jackson in some ways which explains why I rate him. Not the most prolific but I like how he plays. Think he could score more. Would definitely sign if it made sense financially. 

He stumbled with the ball all the way to the goal

• Disagree 1

On 13/04/2024 at 18:10, Sciatika said:

That is true for any player at the end of a contract. Palmer will have to leave if his contract expires. Conor's contract expires in June 2025. If the club intends to make an offer, it will be in May because of PRS. If not, they will seek bids in the Summer. Until then, this is just idle speculation without foundation. It's a typically stupid headline on a story that says nothing of any note:

Sources: Chelsea star ready to look for move amid Chelsea hierarchy uncertainty (hitc.com)

Got a feeling the price is going to be the problem. With all the points etc being dished out by the PL, clubs will not bid high on a player who is a free agent in 6 months.  

If the spuds want him Daniel will low ball around £30m, knowing it’s now or never for the club to cash in.