Chelsea 0 Southampton 1

JaneB

7 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I think we need to play three at the back to enable James to be effective at the moment.

Don't think Potter is allowed to play three at the back anymore.

For a man that played it all the time and changed formations and players every game and multiple times during games, a man that has spoken at length about never wanting to be tied down to one formation or system, I wonder why the sudden change to a rigid 4231, which looks like he has been told to play hasn't been spoken about more.

Edited by martin1905

53 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

For a man that played it all the time and changed formations and players every game and multiple times during games, a man that has spoken at length about never wanting to be tied down to one formation or system, I wonder why the sudden change to a rigid 4231, which looks like he has been told to play hasn't been spoken about more.

I know I'm naive but who's telling Potter what formation to play?  Who would put up with that?

Still, if the owners now choose which players to buy I suppose this is a natural progression.

Absolute madness.

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

You don’t honestly believe this. It’s hardly a sample size of 20 games with 4 at the back. Very strange comment.

15 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I know I'm naive but who's telling Potter what formation to play?  Who would put up with that?

Still, if the owners now choose which players to buy I suppose this is a natural progression.

Absolute madness.

No -one is the answer. It’s a dreamt up theory with nothing to back it up.

I would be confident our owners have no idea of the advantage/disadvantages of any formation. 

A must win game made even more difficult as we appear to once again be without our most creative player James.

Just seems an odd game to rest him when we could play him for a half and get well ahead .

I'm not remotely confident we'll win this one now.

Still , at least we dodged a new manager bounce when Southampton pulled out of employing Jesse Marsch .

And it was all going so well until they interviewed him and realised.

Edited by Mark Kelly

17 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Glad Fofana is playing.

Yep, feels like a great time for him to get a proper run out. We may as will give him a chance to see if he can be part of the answer for the remainder of this season. 

As a striker playing with Felix and Enzo in the team, you would be licking your lips I imagine.

3 hours ago, martin1905 said:

I'm just reading between the lines, but do I detect you're not a Potter fan?