CFCnet 23/24 awards - RESULTS ARE IN!! ×

Chelsea 2 Everton 2

JaneB

53 minutes ago, Ham said:

Whilst I'm far from defending Potter today, what was wrong with the starting line up?

It took 52 minutes to score a goal against a toilet team. 

Concede against the oppositions first corner. 

Edited by ROTG

1 hour ago, Proud-Blue said:

I can only assume he took Fofana off because he was tired? I think he had cramp earlier in the game.

Bless him.
I give the the poor little solider at least two weeks off and keep paying him 100k per week. 

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Not only that, it was a great finish from Felix but came to him very fortunately and the other goal was a penalty.

We created literally nothing all game, can't remember Pickford making a meaningful save.

Just now, martin1905 said:

Not only that, it was a great finish from Felix but came to him very fortunately and the other goal was a penalty.

We created literally nothing all game, can't remember Pickford making a meaningful save.

Team GP are currently trying to keep their head above water by using the TT playbook on formation without understanding the coaching and tactics section of the playbook  

BTW - Love the Conte meltdown.

The first half was as pointless as a football match can be, we had the ball, we ran around a bit, we passed it among ourselves and then went in for a sit down. 

The second half was slightly better until Harry Potter made our chances of winning disappear with his inspidid and cowardly substitutions. 

They are literally the worst side we've played this season and Potter was scared of them. 

TB loves him. 

TB needs his bumps felt. 

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

I don’t understand why Cucurella and Mudryk were dropped just so Badashiele and Pulisic should get a run out. It just smacks of trying to keep players happy in detriment to the team. Same principle as with the subs. Just bringing on players for the sake of it. 

Appeasement. He is a weak manager.

6 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Fofana taken off due to injury. So not Potter tinkering unnecessarily then. Uncomfortably, that doesn’t really fit the narrative, so I expect 2 weeks of incessant moaning in these parts. Let the joy commence.

What the point of moaning.
It’s bloody obvious what the problem is, except for those who wear rose tinted glasses.  

Edited by ROTG

28 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Even with different managers and different players the fundamental flaws in our team remain the same and go right back to Sarri taking over.

We move the ball far too slowly which results in us constantly facing packed defences.  We have no high quality creative CM to open up a team. We have zero defensive steel in midfield. We keep on sigining these bits and peices midfielders who make no significant difference in either half of the pitch. 

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Yes. And conceded twice to a team with no attackers 

I am just fuming once again, why does Potter think we have to see out these matches against teams that are poor. The signs have been there in the last couple of games, Leicester didn't even try to sit deep and still had enough chances to make it very hard for us. This time I get Forfana was injured but this type of negativity against teams like Everton who lets face it are not very good, we see subs that are Brighton level mentality, why!!

With the talent we have we should be looking to score another goal, instead this freaking not to lose mentality is soul destroying for me.

We got away it before but we all knew we got lucky those times and got the job done, not good enough for me.

16 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Fofana taken off due to injury. So not Potter tinkering unnecessarily then. Uncomfortably, that doesn’t really fit the narrative, so I expect 2 weeks of incessant moaning in these parts. Let the joy commence.

Taken off due to fatigue, not injury, according to the Potter quotes I saw. Perhaps splitting hairs, but with just a few minutes left and a dearth of decent options to replace Fofana, there is more of a judgement call for a coach to make there (risk of injury vs reward of better player on) than an injury.

There will be moaning, and moaning about the moaning. Some of the moaning will be justified, some nonsense, as with some of the moaning about the moaning.

Personally much more bothered about trying to pack the midfield to hold a lead against a team not actually playing a recognised striker and then trying it again after it failed than I am a tired CB coming off with a few minutes to go.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

With the talent we have we should be looking to score another goal, instead this freaking not to lose mentality is soul destroying for me.

I don't think we even need to be "trying" as such, just positioning ourselves as capable of doing it. Going into the last 5 minutes with only Havertz as an out ball against a tall, deep back line let's the oppo know how much they can commit and risk going forward. A Madueke or Mudryk, for all their very apparent faults, for the last 5 minutes would have more of an impact on what Everton do than attempting to pack out a midfield with players who spend hardly any time playing with each other and aren't being asked to do what they're seemingly naturally good at, imo.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chara said:

I wish I had been in Dublin with Kev...I can take defeat but I struggle to take mediocracy as the norm.

Well you would certainly have enjoyed it my friend.I can honestly say it was one of the best sporting events I've ever been to.

Rugby fans are so polite.When England got a player sent off there was a dickhead beside us who kept calling him scum and the usual anti british bollocks.

A wee woman in an England shirt turned round to him and told him to Fcuk up!.

The Irish fans around us burst into a fit of laughter and clapped.

Some fans applauded the England team when they entered the field,I asked my brother in law what was that all about.He told me England played Ireland in Dublin in 1973(so fifty years ago) under threat from paramilitaries when Scotland and Wales refused to go.

Anyway I've been popping in and out to see how we were doing.From what I've read Potter is back to normal...a dunce that we are stuck with until the end of the season.

Plenty more drinking time here,but my wallet is taking a hammering...who cares...probably my wife😁

• Haha 1