Chelsea 0 Aston Villa 2

JaneB

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Potter damaging our club and the players, he has been for month, but the worst thing is that the new owners are enabling and allowing it to happen.

Maybe it’s the wine talking, but I feel like the new owners are in danger of alienating a lot of the fan base before they’ve even got going.

Look how desperate we were to get this up and running, now, I for one don't give a fig if the club goes under tomorrow and it's entirely on the walking disaster area that is Potter. 

He's rocketing us backwards at an alarming rate the more he's involved the less coached we look. 

We literally cannot do anything right, passes are under or over hit, we can't take corners, we can't stop counters, we can't take free kicks, we are disorganised in defence, we are clueless in regards to building an attack preferring instead to pass across the field aimlessly. 

He's playing wing backs as centre halves with centre halves on the bench, he's playing wingers as wingbacks, he's playing number 10's as number nines and post match seems bemused that things haven't worked out well for him. 

In fact, so bad are we that I'm beginning to wonder of it is part of the plan so that we drop so low everyone will laud Boehly when he gets the ground built and we have a resurgence in five years time.

We haven't actually got one player you can rely on to meet your expectations of what a top footballer looks like other than Sliva. 

Potter out tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I've been in the "give the guy time" camp from day one. Until now. We have to remember that back in the summer we were uncertain we would even have a club to support. We knew that  recovery would take time but the vast sums paid for players made us forget that perhaps. The trouble is that Potter isn't integrating the players, nor is he improving them in any way. If you look at the videos from Cobham the players just look like it's a holiday camp . There's no authority, no control, no direction. If he is replaced the next manager will probably antagonise the players by being firm with them and he will get driven out too. We're in a right pickle. The owners made a mistake by appointing Graeme Potter and are making an even bigger mistake by not sacking him. 

Welcome over to the right side of the argument, dude! 

You're in charge of a club that normally finds itself in the top four. You've just lost (AGAIN!!!); this time 0-2 at home to drop to 11th in the table, and when interviewed rabbit on about it being a "positive performance".

Grow a pair, Graeme, and get out of my club. NOW!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I've been in the "give the guy time" camp from day one. Until now. We have to remember that back in the summer we were uncertain we would even have a club to support. We knew that  recovery would take time but the vast sums paid for players made us forget that perhaps. The trouble is that Potter isn't integrating the players, nor is he improving them in any way. If you look at the videos from Cobham the players just look like it's a holiday camp . There's no authority, no control, no direction. If he is replaced the next manager will probably antagonise the players by being firm with them and he will get driven out too. We're in a right pickle. The owners made a mistake by appointing Graeme Potter and are making an even bigger mistake by not sacking him. 

Much the same. I’ve given him the benefit of doubt many times but I just can’t see how we can continue to bumble along winning the odd game or two and then losing miserably at home to teams that (with no disrespect) we really should be beating with the array of talent at Potters disposal. There’s no direction or clear indication that anything has changed for the better since he took over. 
The main worry is the financial one with the amount we’ve spent and the looming prospect of no European Football income. I fear we may be up the proverbial fecal river with no means of propulsion.

12 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

Tuchel should've been given time. Not Potter! Tuchel dragged the club through sanctions! Potter with 600 million to play with - can you imagine! Potter out!

Sorry I meant Tuchel with 600 mil to play with. Seriously my mum would do a better job than Potter!

8 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

You're in charge of a club that normally finds itself in the top four. You've just lost (AGAIN!!!); this time 0-2 at home to drop to 11th in the table, and when interviewed rabbit on about it being a "positive performance".

Grow a pair, Graeme, and get out of my club. NOW!!!

In his post match he said it was " his responsibility".  In that case Graeme, don't just talk the talk, it's time to fall on your sword and admit the job is too big for you . At this point it's you or me.

Edited by Holymoly
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

In Mudryk we appear to have another Fernando Torres, unfortunately. Still, we've got eight years to rebuild his shattered confidence.

He genuinely reminded me of him today. Moved for the early ball really well for 35 minutes only to be completely ignored ... Then finally gets the pass, is in a position where it'd be easier to score ... And completely f**ks it. Was hard to not think of Fernando.

• Agree 1

Just now, JaneB said:

Apart from anything else I feel uncomfortable for GP.  It’s not just our play that is painful to watch.

No! He is rich beyond his wildest dreams at our expense and will go on to find his mediocre level after he has left this squad in ruins. Save your sympathy for the players whose careers he is in danger of setting seriously back and for the long suffering fans like us who deserve more for our genuine emotional commitment.

What he did today was a slap in the face for all of us in the name of his own smartarsery. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, RDCW said:

No! He is rich beyond his wildest dreams at our expense and will go on to find his mediocre level after he has left this squad in ruins. Save your sympathy for the players whose careers he is in danger of setting seriously back and for the long suffering fans like us who deserve more for our genuine emotional commitment.

What he did today was a slap in the face for all of us in the name of his own smartarsery. 

If he were half as decent as he is often described as being he would resign.

3 minutes ago, RDCW said:

2 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Ok Richard, jeez.  

1 minute ago, RDCW said:

When was the last time a manager honestly said he wasn’t up to the job and resigned honourably? Keegan as England manager resigning in the toilets? 

6 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

When was the last time a manager honestly said he wasn’t up to the job and resigned honourably? Keegan as England manager resigning in the toilets? 

You're right, so let's dispense with this, "but he's such a decent guy" nonsense. The arrogance of his selection today was nauseating.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

She really is one of us. 

Bloody Liverpool next and they'll put ten past us. 

Doesn't get much better after that.

I mentioned a little while ago how horrible our remaining fixtures were. We've just had the easiest period with 6 very winnable games. We only won 2 and lost 3 of them. The rest of the fixtures, apart from a couple of games against teams we should beat but have already failed to this season, is awful.

Only positive is we have a bit of a cushion between ourselves and Palace in 12th so it shouldn't get any worse, at least in terms of league position.