CFCnet 23/24 awards - RESULTS ARE IN!! ×

Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 2

JaneB

• JaneB changed the title to Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 2

Mendy is finished, not just at this level but at any level. Absolutely disgraceful performance. 

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Someone needs to teach Gallagher the dark arts. 

Far too wet behind the ears

Don't worry, I have just the man for you... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mendy is finished, not just at this level but at any level. Absolutely disgraceful performance. 

Watching him now, I cannot work out how he managed to perform at the level he did in the CL winning season… luck? Good fortune? Fluke?

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Watching him now, I cannot work out how he managed to perform at the level he did in the CL winning season… luck? Good fortune? Fluke?

I thought he was great when he arrived but that performance stunk of "I'll show you what happens when you don't give me a new contract" nobody is that bad accidentally. 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

If I didn't know better I'd think Lampard was trying to sabotage the season. 

Finally win a game then swap keepers. Pick a loan player over Mudryk, then bring Ziyech on instead. Pick no centre forward against a team who will clearly play a low block..... Just bizarre all round 

I thought he'd do something like this when he was talking about three games in six days in his press conference. I don't know if he thinks we should be conserving energy for the Champions league but I wouldn't put it past him. 

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It's clear now he's very, very average and played above himself for a year or so. Not a criticism, fair play to him given what he achieved in that time and can look back on when his career is over, but that form was the blip. This is the usual standard.

Another dreadful team and performance, but it's nearly over.

• Agree 2

Just now, paulw66 said:

So better he doesn't score? 

Of course not, don't be silly.

It just shows bad things are that we're tied to him at those wages for another 4 years when he clearly isn't capable of producing at the level required and expected of him.

3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

The really obvious implication is that it'd be nice if scored against some decent teams, too. 

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

Of course not, don't be silly.

It just shows bad things are that we're tied to him at those wages for another 4 years when he clearly isn't capable of producing at the level required and expected of him.

Or if only some other players had scored against the bottom 5 or 6 we might have actually won some of those games. 

16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Or if only some other players had scored against the bottom 5 or 6 we might have actually won some of those games. 

So ... You're saying it's good Sterling hasn't scored against anyone good?

Two can play at this daft game. 

Edited by thevelourfog

17 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

So ... You're saying it's good Sterling hasn't scored against anyone good?

Two can play at this daft game. 

No, but it just seems an odd time to dig him out, after a game when he got two.... Like it was some sort of bad thing.. At least he has scored some 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

No, but it just seems an odd time to dig him out, after a game when he got two.... Like it was some sort of bad thing.. At least he has scored some 

£300k a week for 6 league goals is an appalling return by any standards! Even the wardrobe was better than that!

Just now, boratsbrother said:

£300k a week for 6 league goals is an appalling return by any standards! Even the wardrobe was better than that!

Compares that with the combined return from the rest of the forwards 

Off the top of my head, I reckon the rest have 10 between about 8 players 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Compares that with the combined return from the rest of the forwards 

Off the top of my head, I reckon the rest have 10 between about 8 players 

Just because the others been even worse shouldn't mean we give Sterling any kind of praise for his dreadful season.

14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Meh, he was all right today but I think the observation that he's on a lot of money for contributing very little would be a fair one at any point in the last 6 or 7 months. What seems odd to me is to suggest Chelsea fans would prefer Chelsea players didn't score goals when they clearly haven't said and don't think that.