Chelsea 1 Liverpool 1

16 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Horrible game to start the season with.

We've got  a poor record against the top sides in recent years and If we're a bit off the pace they have the forwards to take advantage and win this quite comfortably. I'll be happy enough with a draw.

Well with the 100 mil signing Caicedo will be the difference.

• Haha 1

Someone who has had one training session with their new team, who will come under direct pressure from our fans, I hope they play him. Let's be honest; he is a £50-60m creative DM expected to perform at £110m level in a team with a defence past its prime.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Agree 1

Just now, Sciatika said:

You have to be kidding!

Referee: Anthony Taylor

Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn. 

Fourth official: David Coote. 

VAR: Darren England. Assistant VAR: Simon Bennett.

I'm seriously surprised they didn't dig Mike Dean up to ensure VAR screwed us utterly and completely 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, kev61 said:

Well with the 100 mil signing Caicedo will be the difference.

Salah is still their game changer and one to fear. He might have lost half  a yard of pace but he's still a top class forward. Keeping him quiet will go a long way to securing a point or three.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Did anyone see Pochettinos press conference? 

Apparently they've swapped the dug outs about so the away dug out is now the home dug out and vice versa. 

Apparently it was situated better for the view and bigger. 

I did see it. Thought he did well. 

12 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Did anyone see Pochettinos press conference? 

Apparently they've swapped the dug outs about so the away dug out is now the home dug out and vice versa. 

Apparently it was situated better for the view and bigger. 

Probably fairly trivial in the grand scheme of things. I like that it seems to have been Poch idea though, he talked about how it is more central to the pitch and he felt you could see more and it’s slightly bigger.

It does display a detailed level of thinking. I doubt it actually makes much difference, but I thought it was very Mourinho and small margins and all that. 

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Probably fairly trivial in the grand scheme of things. I like that it seems to have been Poch idea though, he talked about how it is more central to the pitch and he felt you could see more and it’s slightly bigger.

It does display a detailed level of thinking. I doubt it actually makes much difference, but I thought it was very Mourinho and small margins and all that. 

Surprised that the two dugouts aren’t the same measurement and placement on their respective halfs. Isn’t that really odd? 

18 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Surprised that the two dugouts aren’t the same measurement and placement on their respective halfs. Isn’t that really odd? 

What is "odd" is someone thinks it's odd  that the two dugouts are not the same measurement!.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

We don't need  Mourhino's "small margins" take on things.

When he left us for the last time he became a serial loser.

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

Looking forward to see how we perform against a good team.

I still think we are weak in midfield.I predict a draw and more questions than answers.

I agree with Uncle Kev here. And it’s a new team, new manager etc. I’d be happy with a solid performance and a point then Caicedo signing tomorrow.  

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

We don't need  Mourhino's "small margins" take on things.

When he left us for the last time he became a serial loser.

He wasn’t when he was with us though.  I think that’s the point.

Really important match. More so for the manager than the players even. Pochettino is liked by the players, now he needs to be respected by them too as a manager that can get one over on other top tier managers. Mourinho was great because the players believed in him. Even when we weren't technically the best players they believed him when he told them they would win. Pochettino needs to divest himself of the Spursiness inherent in his previous incarnations, in the same way Kane didn't and subsequently Bayern lost him his chance for silverware. Spursiness rubs off on those around you if you're not careful. Win it Chelsea and win it well. Aid the rehabilitation of your manager.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kev61 said:

What is "odd" is someone thinks it's odd  that the two dugouts are not the same measurement!.

Eh ok? Do you think that the dugouts at Wembley isn’t exact replicas of each other? I’d say at most grounds they are and if they aren’t, it sure as hell isn’t the away team that gets the better one.