CFCnet 23/24 awards - RESULTS ARE IN!! ×

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 1

Thinking about it, that five in the middle won't be a five when in possession. I think it will be very fluid, but using the wing-backs advanced to become a kind of 3-3-4. I think the idea will be to pin down Terence Trent Derby. 

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sanchez

Disasi - Thiago Silva - Colwill

James - Enzo - Chukwuemeka. - Gallagher - Chilwell

Sterling - Jackson

Really really nervous now! I'd have preferred:

Sanchez;

James, Silva, Disasi, Chilly;

Gallagher, Enzo, Chukwuemeka;

Madueke, Jackson, Mudryk;

As things stand its like Poch and Klopp are holding a defence vs attack training session.

1 minute ago, chara said:

WIN,Draw,Lose.....go out and fight for the result...

Yep, but what a double edge sword we're on right now, we'll take a fantastic performance over the result. I know many are glad certain players have left but 12 months ago we'd be expecting a win or a good draw, losing wasn't even an option and we'd have been pissed if we did; simply because we knew we had the quality to win the game.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Unless Disasi plays right back and James in midfield, which is unlikely I know, I couldn't have been more underwhelmed with that line up.

Really, really disappointed 

I think it’s to compensate us not having a proper DM. I doubt he’d play the same formation if Caicedo or Lavia were available. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Must admit, my confidence has dropped after seeing the lineup. Really surprised he’s gone to a back 3, but I’m wondering if he realises he needs Silva for this (without a proper DM) but he doesn’t want to play him in a 4.

I really thought Mudryk would start, he looked good in pre-season and had been linking up well with Jackson.

• Agree 1

I didn't expect Pochettino to be quite so tricksy. I think the main thing to remember is that our main attacking threat (especially without Nkunku) is our wing backs. Playing a back three releases both James and Chilwell to get forward while also probably surprising Klopp. Sterling had better turn up today.

• Agree 1

My take on the line up is that we will see the width come from Chilwell, where I can see Reece playing RWB but maybe  tucking centrally to form a pivot with Enzo and play from central areas with the ball.  
I think Poch maybe looking for runners from deep and in between the lines to get up support and play off Jackson (Sterling ,Gallagher ,Chuk)

At times it could be a box midfield of Enzo James with Gallagher Chukwuemka in front.

Thats what I am think and expecting we may see today

Same main issue, too many defenders and neutral players, and not enough attackers.

Call the formation whatever, play a player in whatever positon. Reality is we are playing with 5 defenders, 3 CMs, 1 WG and 1CF. Simply not good enough, Caicedo fixes nothing here because he doesn't sit like a Mikel or Maka.

We're having to play 532 to carry certain players, if they need carrying they shouldn't have been starting the season for us.