Chelsea 1 Liverpool 1

8 hours ago, Ham said:

On the understanding that Nkunku is out;

Screenshot_20230803_212618_CFC-Bluescom.thumb.jpg.ffe3fe54ad8aa92d2c8065688af90dff.jpg

Bang on, with the exception of Madueke, who hasn’t played a single minute of pre-season, so no way he gets thrown into a start against Liverpool.

It’ll be Sterling, even though it should arguably be Maatsen. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Bang on, with the exception of Madueke, who hasn’t played a single minute of pre-season, so no way he gets thrown into a start against Liverpool.

It’ll be Sterling, even though it should arguably be Maatsen. 

But he will have had 2 weeks of training with the team by then. He's more of a threat than Sterling currently and Liverpool look very suspect out wide. 

Having said that I thought Sterling actually looked very fit and played well against Dortmund so I wouldn't be too upset if he was chosen. 

Nkunku probably being out is a disappointment. Unfortunately it probably means Sterling will start. Any side we put out will be incredibly raw and it will be a toss of the coin how they react to the occasion. I just hope the manager instills a sense of pride in the squad.

On 02/08/2023 at 19:24, chara said:

Take your pick!

I used to go in the early 90's and both Liverpool and Man. Utd brought fans flying the Irish Tricolour which prompted a group of about 10-15 to start up the anti- IRA songs at SB.

in  an away coach to Bristol City a group of about twenty chaps mostly quiet, lean and compact went jogging off on arrival in Bristol.

The match an FA Cup match was pretty eventful and think is still Ashton gate's biggest crowd.

Back on the coach the twenty came back with bruises and digs and sat towards the back and were largely quiet until the coach radio piped up about football giants Chelsea being humbled by Bristol which elicited a groan and then announced something about an anniversary of the death of an Irish hunger striker whereupon they all roared with approval.

Not sure what happened there yet the next away match was going by club train and the police were there with video cameras recording us all getting on the club train which seemed ridiculous. I think something serious went down in Bristol and wonder if these chaps were the real Combat 18. 

A few years later in Austria under Hoddle saw a small chap threatening the coach driver (Bristol)  a few rows down. The chap stood erect with arched back finger pointing as though making life serious threats.

Strange times.

So, first stab at our first starting XI for the season. 

Arrizabalaga

James - Silva - Colwill - Chilwell 

Enzo - Gallagher - Santos

Sterling - Jackson - Mudryk

Subs: Sanchez, Disasi, Chalobah, Cucurella, Gusto, Casadei, Maatsen, Madueke, Burstow

On 31/07/2023 at 14:18, My Blood Is Blue said:

I go on holiday the day after this one, so I'm hoping I go off with a grin on my face, looking for Liverpool fans around the pool to wind up!

They’ll leave your sunbed on bricks. 

Such nice fans. The type of people who’ll steal your wallet then help you look for it. 

23 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

So, first stab at our first starting XI for the season. 

Arrizabalaga

James - Silva - Colwill - Chilwell 

Enzo - Gallagher - Santos

Sterling - Jackson - Mudryk

Subs: Sanchez, Disasi, Chalobah, Cucurella, Gusto, Casadei, Maatsen, Madueke, Burstow

Hasn't Casadei gone to Leicester on loan?

On 05/08/2023 at 14:46, jasonb said:

I used to go in the early 90's and both Liverpool and Man. Utd brought fans flying the Irish Tricolour which prompted a group of about 10-15 to start up the anti- IRA songs at SB.

in  an away coach to Bristol City a group of about twenty chaps mostly quiet, lean and compact went jogging off on arrival in Bristol.

The match an FA Cup match was pretty eventful and think is still Ashton gate's biggest crowd.

Back on the coach the twenty came back with bruises and digs and sat towards the back and were largely quiet until the coach radio piped up about football giants Chelsea being humbled by Bristol which elicited a groan and then announced something about an anniversary of the death of an Irish hunger striker whereupon they all roared with approval.

Not sure what happened there yet the next away match was going by club train and the police were there with video cameras recording us all getting on the club train which seemed ridiculous. I think something serious went down in Bristol and wonder if these chaps were the real Combat 18. 

A few years later in Austria under Hoddle saw a small chap threatening the coach driver (Bristol)  a few rows down. The chap stood erect with arched back finger pointing as though making life serious threats.

Strange times.

The Bristol game I believe was January 27th 1990, they beated us 3-1. And at that time we had players like Beasant, Clarke, Erland Johnsen, Le Saux, Dorigo, Bumstead, Dixon, McAllister.