Chelsea 1 Liverpool 1

On 06/08/2023 at 20:13, Sleeping Dave said:

Official? Or just rumoured? 

Hasn't got a squad number on the official announcement 

Nor has Ziyech, or Lukaku.

4,9 and 12 left open. Caicedo, Vlahovic and Adams?

Edited by paulw66

2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

The Bristol game I believe was January 27th 1990, they beated us 3-1. And at that time we had players like Beasant, Clarke, Erland Johnsen, Le Saux, Dorigo, Bumstead, Dixon, McAllister. 

That was the match never forget Graham Roberts face as the third went in. Thought then he would not be around too much longer.

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Hasn't got a squad number on the official announcement 

Yeah just saw that. Also, Slonina missing. Like Angelo Gabriel and Richards. But surprised that Ugochukwu, Broja and Burstow being given numbers. I'd also expect Hall, Bergström and Beach to leave on loan. 

Just now, Sleeping Dave said:

Yeah just saw that. Also, Slonina missing. Like Angelo Gabriel and Richards. But surprised that Ugochukwu, Broja and Burstow being given numbers. I'd also expect Hall, Bergström and Beach to leave on loan. 

Lots of overlap on the other thread, so will leave this!

6 minutes ago, jasonb said:

That was the match never forget Graham Roberts face as the third went in. Thought then he would not be around too much longer.

I remember listening to the game on the radio, where Chris Garland was co-commentator. (I'm guessing it was a BBC Radio Bristol or something like that - I'm in South Wales so it's possible). Garland - who we bought from Bristol City - celebrated their win like a madman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

Kepa

James Silva Colwill Chilwell

Enzo Santos

Sterling Chukwuemeka Mudryk

Jackson

Subs: Sanchez, Gusto, Chalobah, Cucurella, Gallagher, Hall, Maatsen, Madueke, Broja

Pending transfer news in the new few days...

This is pretty much what I am expecting, other than Maatsen starting somewhere in here.

I just have this impression that Poch has been really impressed by him and the Nkunku injury opens up an opportunity for him. I think it maybe ahead of Mudryk or Chukwuemeka for this game. Maatsen and Jackson have probably taken their chance more than anyone during pre-season.

If i could get odds of 2/1 or better on Maatsen starting, I would have a nice little bet on that.

Edited by Thiago97

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally I am yet to be impressed by Chukwuemeka , especially in comparison with Maatsen .

What impresses me about Maatsen is that he played 3 different positions in pre-season and excelled in each.  Can finish and assist too. 

I'd say he'll get plenty of game time but not necessarily in his favourite position. Handy for us though. 

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

As a club we need to start questioning these appointments , the man has repeatedly done us wrong and to let him ruin another high profile game is tantamount to a conspiracy against us .

Personally I'm not a conspiracy theorist, although I grant you has been shown to be statistically more harsh on us than other teams, however, it's the fact that it's against the Scum who will need all the help they can get to improve on last season.

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I don't see how it is not this. 

Without Nkunku it's a nailed on cert that Sterling will play unfortunately. I'd prefer to see Maatsen play somewhere in the three as he too seemed to have a degree of empathy with Jackson

On 08/08/2023 at 11:31, jasonb said:

He was so crap it was untrue, Roberts was just an outfield version of Peter Schemeicel, screaming at his team mates to hide his own deficiencies and protect his selfish hide.  We might have even challenged peoperly for the league that season if it wasn't for his **** ups.

On 08/08/2023 at 11:40, Backbiter said:

I remember listening to the game on the radio, where Chris Garland was co-commentator. (I'm guessing it was a BBC Radio Bristol or something like that - I'm in South Wales so it's possible). Garland - who we bought from Bristol City - celebrated their win like a madman.

Chris Garland, one of my childhood Chelsea heroes can be forgiven for that 😄. Bristol born and bred and Bristol City hero, one of the City 5 who agreed to a 50% pay cut to keep the club afloat. 

• Like 1

Same for both Bristols. Neither the Robins nor the Black Arabs have ever really excelled. Small Bristol’s for a big city. (There must be a witty remark there, but damned if I can find it).

58 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Same for both Bristols. Neither the Robins nor the Black Arabs have ever really excelled. Small Bristol’s for a big city. (There must be a witty remark there, but damned if I can find it).

Hmm..."The Hell You Can't"😁...and nothing to do with Fashion or Ship Shape...then again....