Cole Palmer signs for Chelsea

My Blood Is Blue

25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I hear you but I'm absolutely certain once we fix the glaring hole in the coaching these players are getting by actually getting a coach who coaches players in the true meaning of the word that we will improve massively. 

I have my doubts but I hope you’re right, Mr K, because imo there’s massive problems with on-pitch spirit and leadership before we even start.

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not until we sort the long running injury crisis. 

That's a bigger issue than the coach

Personally I think they go hand in hand. 

His methods are brutal but there are obviously other reasons we need to tackle too as this has been going on forever.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Not until we sort the long running injury crisis. 

That's a bigger issue than the coach

Recruitment of younger personnel with injury history records is slightly naive IMO. 
If you are in your early 20’s and continuously having injuries, it’s not going to improve the older you get, especially in the PL, as seems to be the case with player  like Pulisic and RLC. 
That said there certainly seems to be a problem in the medical dept in the club which is probably not helping. 

37 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally I think they go hand in hand. 

His methods are brutal but there are obviously other reasons we need to tackle too as this has been going on forever.

Last season under 3 managers the squad was unfit. Now getting the squad fit is the problem?

TBH I cant remember anyone complaining about the fitness regime during pre-season. 

27 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Last season under 3 managers the squad was unfit. Now getting the squad fit is the problem?

TBH I cant remember anyone complaining about the fitness regime during pre-season. 

If you had a new "coach" would you? 

7 hours ago, ROTG said:

No. Rendering the squad unfit is the problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RDCW said:

No. Rendering the squad unfit is the problem.

But who's fault is that. Poch or the recruitment dept for buying players with a history of injuries?

It's easy to a point fingers the obvious, however maybe the obvious is not the reason

5 hours ago, ROTG said:

But who's fault is that. Poch or the recruitment dept for buying players with a history of injuries?

It's easy to a point fingers the obvious, however maybe the obvious is not the reason

The obvious is Poch made 4 subs against Sheffield that lost us the game.

Not a tweak in sight just a clueless manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

The obvious is Poch made 4 subs against Sheffield that lost us the game.

Not a tweak in sight just a clueless manager.

Poor old Poch - he cant win in anyone's eyes.

One minute he is over playing certain players and they look fatigued and are being run into the ground, then when he takes them off during a game it his fault because the team lose the game.

It never the squad in the eyes of some, that quite a few of the squad actually not as good as the data sheet they came with?

Edited by ROTG
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Poor old Poch - he cant win in anyone's eyes.

One minute he is over playing certain players and they look fatigued and are being run into the ground, then when he takes them off during a game it his fault because the team lose the game.

It never the squad in the eyes of some, that quite a few of the squad actually not as good as the data sheet they came with?

I agree with you there!

Same with the criticisms of his fitness regime.  Everyone was complsing about our players not being fit enough, but now say they're worked too hard in training.

Also agree that some of our players  should not have been signed knowing they had injury problems. W Fofana was an absolutely crazy signing, especially at that price. Nkunku another stupid one. Lavia was another one signed coming off injury. However, I think he'll be one who was worth the gamble.

Enzo and Caicedo have been horrendous signings for the money we paid for them. 

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Poor old Poch - he cant win in anyone's eyes

Yes I could weep.The most put upon manager in the history of Chelsea football club .

Edited by kev61

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Yes I could weep.The most put upon manager in the history of Chelsea football club .

Don't worry Moyes is available in the summer, he might tick all the boxes of being mid table coach who has won a trophy.

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

😄...Moyes and the rest mentioned...all at best good average EPL coaches...no real sparks....somewhat Flatter to Deceive coaches....not the steel of the really top coaches....who then instead of our version?...I have no idea.

On 14/04/2024 at 01:36, Sleeping Dave said:

A very strange question Paul. 

But he has not yet dragged us through winning a championship has he? Hazard did, with some style I might add. 

Palmer is nowhere near that standard yet. Maybe he will reach it, maybe he won’t. But to compare him to Hazard at this stage is downright ludicrous. 

Any more ?

7 hours ago, ROTG said:

Yeah

Let measure him after season two.

There have been plenty of one hit wonders during the PL era. 

Honestly do you get any joy following us? Can't you just enjoy the one shining light to come from a truly abysmal season?

We are witnessing one of the greatest individual seasons we have ever seen at this club and that says so much when you consider some of the players to have played hers but Cole Palmer is playing every bit as well as any of them and to an equally high level.

The big difference is he's doing it for this Chelsea when all our other greats did it in teams that challenged for the highest honours.

Right now this 21 year old that you didn't want because he was a City reject and others didn't want because we had just sold Lewis fucking Hall is one of, if not THE best player in the world. That's how good he is right now and he's doing it in a team, that without him, would be in a relegation fight.

Saka and Rashford both had purple patches last year and were labelled 'best in the world' by our media. This kid is a different level to both of them, he does things they could only dream of.

One hit wonder? Maybe if you actually watched him you would understand instead of relying on your wireless.

Edited by martin1905
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

55 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Honestly do you get any joy following us? Can't you just enjoy the one shining light to come from a truly abysmal season?

We are witnessing one of the greatest individual seasons we have ever seen at this club and that says so much when you consider some of the players to have played hers but Cole Palmer is playing every bit as well as any of them and to an equally high level.

The big difference is he's doing it for this Chelsea when all our other greats did it in teams that challenged for the highest honours.

Right now this 21 year old that you didn't want because he was a City reject and others didn't want because we had just sold Lewis fucking Hall is one of, if not THE best player in the world. That's how good he is right now and he's doing it in a team, that without him, would be in a relegation fight.

Saka and Rashford both had purple patches last year and were labelled 'best in the world' by our media. This kid is a different level to both of them, he does things they could only dream of.

One hit wonder? Maybe if you actually watched him you would understand instead of relying on your wireless.

Steady on fella. 

The lad has been outstanding this season, and is currently looking like LeTisser, in being head and shoulders above the rest of his mid table team mates.
With that said it all about consistency season upon season. 

If his levels next season are anywhere near this seasons then yes there is a Real star in the making.

BTW it was not me who was shouting from the roof top last September saying we are odds on for the top 4 and beyond. I am sure it will be Deja Vu again this September. 

As for watching him, seen him nearly every match including thanks to new sport stations in the parish.  Radio is for the occasions, when I am watching over the flock. 

Edited by ROTG

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Steady on fella. 

The lad has been outstanding this season, and is currently looking like LeTisser, in being head and shoulders above the rest of his mid table team mates.
With that said it all about consistency season upon season. 

If his levels next season are anywhere near this seasons then yes there is a Real star in the making.

BTW it was not me who was shouting from the roof top last September saying we are odds on for the top 4 and beyond. I am sure it will be Deja Vu again this September. 

As for watching him, seen him nearly every match including thanks to new sport stations in the parish.  Radio is for the occasions, when I am watching over the flock. 

I've never said we would come top 4 with this squad or manager.......

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

The funny thing is, imagine if we'd had beaten Burnley and Sheff United.....we'd be 12 points behind Villa with 2 games in hand.

Potentially 6 points behind with them still to play

5 hours ago, ROTG said:

3 hours ago, martin1905 said:

I maintain we'd have gotten top four with all of our squad available. 

The initial and secondary impact of not having top quality alternatives in each position cannot be quantified but it's substantial.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

I maintain we'd have gotten top four with all of our squad available. 

The initial and secondary impact of not having top quality alternatives in each position cannot be quantified but it's substantial.

It is hard to quantify, but can’t see it being the difference between a proper top4 push or not imo.

Far too many stupid mistakes and poor decision making. I don’t see that having more options readily available would translate to those errors not occurring as much. 
It’s still young players surrounded by young players with limited experience.The mistakes in our play have been contagious through most areas of the team. 

• Agree 1