Chelsea 1 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

JaneB

Injury updates

Benoit Badiashile – in partial team training.

Carney Chukwuemeka – in partial team training.

Marcus Bettinelli - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Trevoh Chalobah - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Wesley Fofana - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Reece James - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Christopher Nkunku - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Romeo Lavia – continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Injury updates

Benoit Badiashile – in partial team training.

Carney Chukwuemeka – in partial team training.

Marcus Bettinelli - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Trevoh Chalobah - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Wesley Fofana - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Reece James - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Christopher Nkunku - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Romeo Lavia – continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Is it me, or are these updates fairly pointless? Doesn't actually provide anything useful in terms of return dates etc.

FWIW, Fofana was sat in the seats behind the dugout at the weekend, walking unaided. Not that it means much, but I was surprised no brace or crutches etc. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Is it me, or are these updates fairly pointless? Doesn't actually provide anything useful in terms of return dates etc.

FWIW, Fofana was sat in the seats behind the dugout at the weekend, walking unaided. Not that it means much, but I was surprised no brace or crutches etc. 

I'd be much more worried if he was in partial team training with crutches - but maybe that is where the other players have been injured.
Yes no real added value in the updates, but it is good that the club publishes them.  Can't blame the weatherman for the weather.  Maybe there will be good news one day.

7 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

We dominate possession, defend well throughout the game, our attackers fashion about 5 one on ones with the keeper and 3 crosses resulting in unmarked headers.

Final score. Chelsea 0 - Brighton 1.

It's worth mentioning that the Villa game was the first where we weren't the better team. You could argue that we're actually beginning to get worse (if that's possibkle)

3 hours ago, Dwmh said:

I'd be much more worried if he was in partial team training with crutches - but maybe that is where the other players have been injured.
Yes no real added value in the updates, but it is good that the club publishes them.  Can't blame the weatherman for the weather.  Maybe there will be good news one day.

Spot on Droy.......Remember "Good News Weekl" ?

And what exactly is "continuing to undergo his rehabilitation training"..??????..and "in partial team training";;;is that with only partial squad make up?

Injured with anticipated return date..Injured with no return date...Be fit for selection next game..... what else do we need to know?

42 minutes ago, Ham said:

Disagree. I thought we were the better team before and after we went down to 10 men. Genuinely. 

I’d agree with that I think, we were certainly the team trying most to win it before the sending off. Took us a while to get into some of defensive shape, thought that the manager didn’t cope well with reshaping the defence, with Disasi playing too narrow.

I agree, except I think he will play Petrovic in goal. I expect Washington will get a chunk of time in the second half, match permitting, as he will be the backup to Broja in the prem for the next game, and Poch needs to get a look at him at this level.

Edited by Sciatika

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I agree, except I think he will play Petrovic in goal. I expect Washington will get a chunk of time in the second half, match permitting, as he will be the backup to Broja in the prem for the next game, and Poch needs to get a look at him at this level.

Petrovic would be my choice, lad needs some game time. I don't think Sanchez is good enough to be our first-choice goalkeeper, that's despite a good performance at Bournemouth and 3/4's of a good performance against Villa - He should have stopped the shot for the Villa goal.

The coach is in a no win scenario as regards selection in my view, in so much as he might like to rest a few but desperately needs a positive result and being handed a 'lesson' by Brighton (which they are very capable of) is the last thing our fragile lovey's need also.

Broja being our back-up striking solution is a disaster for me and shows we are up s**t-creek, he's a top-half Championship/lower third Premier League back-up striker for me with a big ego that his performances do not justify. If I'd have been the coach, as soon as I knew the length of time Nkunku was going to be out for I'd have banged the owners table and demanded a competent striker and perhaps not £50m on an unfit and inexperienced central midfielder, who's own injury record wasn't unblemished and a slight worry given his young age. Maybe he did demand and didn't get, but at that time you know the best thing to do is get the hell out of Dodge.

Edited by east lower

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Broja being our back-up striking solution is a disaster for me and shows we are up s**t-creek, he's a top-half Championship/lower third Premier League back-up striker for me with a big ego that his performances do not justify. If I'd have been the coach, as soon as I knew the length of time Nkunku was going to be out for I'd have banged the owners table and demanded a competent striker and perhaps not £50m on an unfit and inexperienced central midfielder, who's own injury record wasn't unblemished and a slight worry given his young age. Maybe he did demand and didn't get, but at that time you know the best thing to do is get the hell out of Dodge.

I remember at the time Pochettino coming out and stating that they had to ensure nobody blocked the pathway to the first team for Broja. 

Personally from the very little I've seen of him he's not all that. 

He's OK but nothing special. 

Poch now has to sleep in the bed he was happy to make for himself. 

We will be playing Jackson as he will not be available for the next PL game. It makes sense to play Disasi at RB because we will need to rely on that without James and Gusto. Badiashile is not ready. How about:

Petrovic

Disasi ---Trevoh------Colwill-----Chilwell

-----------Calcedo--------Enzo

----Madueke-----Palmer------Mudryk

--------------------Jackson

If not Trevoh, then we have to play Thiago.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I remember at the time Pochettino coming out and stating that they had to ensure nobody blocked the pathway to the first team for Broja. 

Could've also just been a diplomatic response to not alienate Broja upon his return to fitness if we weren't to sign anyone else. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

he's unlikely to say "we desperately need another striker because Broja isn't up to it" (whatever his genuine thoughts are)

They obviously rate him within the club as there were a few offers declined in the summer 

3rd game in the week for Brighton, then they also have the early Saturday kick off with a difficult game away at Villa.

Makes me think we will see a few changes in their team tonight. This feels like a really good opportunity for us to build some confidence and get a positive result, ahead of Fulham on Monday night. Feels like we have not won there for a while.

I think we go through tonight 3-1 ( Gallagher, Jackson, Palmer)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

3rd game in the week for Brighton, then they also have the early Saturday kick off with a difficult game away at Villa.

Makes me think we will see a few changes in their team tonight. This feels like a really good opportunity for us to build some confidence and get a positive result, ahead of Fulham on Monday night. Feels like we have not won there for a while.

I think we go through tonight 3-1 ( Gallagher, Jackson, Palmer)

I agree and the cups present a genuine (but very unlikely) way to try and get in to Europe next season and so after the tart we've made in the league, I hope we take them seriously.

If I was picking the team, I'd go with.....

Petrovic

Disasi    Silva   Colwill   Chilwell 

Caicedo   Ugochukwu

Sterling    Palmer    Mudryk

Jackson

Rests for Gallagher and Enzo.   Deserved minutes for Palmer and Big Les, and much needed continuity for Caicedo and Mudryk. 

Would ordinarily be tempted to play Maatsen, but Brighton are too strong, and we badly need a result 

4 minutes ago, Rob B said:

If I was picking the team, I'd go with.....

Petrovic

Disasi    Silva   Colwill   Chilwell 

Caicedo   Ugochukwu

Sterling    Palmer    Mudryk

Jackson

Rests for Gallagher and Enzo.   Deserved minutes for Palmer and Big Les, and much needed continuity for Caicedo and Mudryk. 

Would ordinarily be tempted to play Maatsen, but Brighton are too strong, and we badly need a result 

Agree that I think we could do with resting Enzo. He has looked off it the last two games after busy spell with Argentina. Could do with him being fresh for Monday and maybe just a 20 mins run out here if needed.

6 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Agree that I think we could do with resting Enzo. He has looked off it the last two games after busy spell with Argentina. Could do with him being fresh for Monday and maybe just a 20 mins run out here if needed.

I think he would look less off it if he was able to play deep in midfield and didn't have to lead the press and try to get as close to Jackson as possible whenever we have a breakaway!

• Agree 1