JaneB

Matchday prediction  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Luton win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/12/23 at 11:30

Please use this thread for all posts relating to  our Premier League match against Luton  Town at Kenilworth Road before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30 hours on Saturday, 30th December 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on TNT Sports)

It would be nice to start with left-backs on the left and right backs on the right. Pochs hand was forced against Newcastle and then we looked good! 

Playing so many players out of position is going to breed negativity in the dressing room.

What is wrong with the bloke. Didn't expect this sort of tinkering from him . Let's go for it and play an attacking team. I'd go with a false 9, that could be Sterling, Palmer or Nkunku.

Petrovic

Gusto Silva Colwill Maatsen

Gallagher Caciedo

Nkunku

Sterling    Palmer  Mudryk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

I know, but it’s been a long time since we won 4 out of 5. That could start to build a molecule of confidence.

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

On the other hand…

... Luton have also just beaten Sheff U (away not at home).  And they beat Palace recently 2-1.  And they beat Newcastle too (on goals not pens). We lost to Wolves by the odd goal and Luton lost 2 games by the odd goal (Arsenal and City).
They are not just on a roll, they are almost reaching the surface - 3rd from bottom with teams 1, 2 & 3 points ahead but Luton have a game in hand.

Luton should be very very up for this.

• Agree 1

An exciting away game, not too far away. Old, intimate and intriguing ground. Wish I could be there and I really hope for a nice, fair and well played match without any injuries on either side, and with three points back to the Bridge.

Screenshot_20231228-081229.png

Edited by asvaberg

42 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

An exciting away game, not too far away. Old, intimate and intriguing ground. Wish I could be there and I really hope for a nice, fair and well played match without any injuries on either side, and with three points back to the Bridge.

Screenshot_20231228-081229.png

2026 for their new ground, so perhaps 1 or 2 more opportunities (if Luton stay up). 

It will be like a Cup game. We managed to scramble to a 3-2 victory a few seasons ago. Lukaku and Werner of all people scored one each. Jackson and Broja's time to shine?

• Agree 1

We need a sensible and professional performance in this one. Need an early goal to try and quieten the crowd. Luton seem to have found a bit of form, so this won’t be as easy as we expect. We should have enough though, especially with Palmer and Sterling have a bit more of a break.

I also agree with @ShedMiddle, we should play 2 FBs, just having one made a difference last night, so having 1 on either side could be revolutionary for this team!

Petrovic

Gusto - Silva - Colwill - Maatsen

Caicedo - Gallagher

Sterling - Palmer - Mudryk

Nkunku

• Like 3

The manager will send us out with a gameplan which the players will ignore and it will come down to whether the individual talent of the players can overcome the team ethic of Luton. It tells you where the club currently is that we are seriously contemplating dropping points, quite possibly all of them in this game. I hate football.

I think we all deep down know the real nightmare here. That we should never released a certain player because if he was still out on loan he wouldn't be playing on Saturday.

100%  Guaranteed to score.

hint - You can Bank on it.

12 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

2026 for their new ground, so perhaps 1 or 2 more opportunities (if Luton stay up). 

It will be like a Cup game. We managed to scramble to a 3-2 victory a few seasons ago. Lukaku and Werner of all people scored one each. Jackson and Broja's time to shine?

Here’s a photo from that FA Cup win in 2022. Unreserved seating, last in gets behind the pillars!!

I think the away allocation is around the 1000 mark, so not many will get to ‘experience’ it. Not that I thought it was all that great the night the photo was taken. If I remember correctly Saul scored for us.

IMG_0045.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dwmh said:

I think we all deep down know the real nightmare here. That we should never released a certain player because if he was still out on loan he wouldn't be playing on Saturday.

100%  Guaranteed to score.

hint - You can Bank on it.

His contract with us would have ended in June 2023. All releasing him early did was the run the risk he could have been eligible to play against us last season 

48 minutes ago, johnnybozo said:

Anything else and we know what will happen. Keep that donkey Maatsen, Jackson and Pigeon Diving Boy Sterling away from all future Chelsea lineups please.

Those two players account for 12 out of the 31 league goals scored so far. Or 12 out of 25 non-penalty goals.

Let's remove the two players responsible for 48% of our open play goals.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2