JaneB

Matchday prediction  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Aston Villa win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/01/24 at 18:45

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Make sure she knows that it is acceptable to be sick over her kit at this stage. 

I've seen plenty of middle aged Chelsea fans do the same. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

She is doing wonderfully thank you for asking Jane 🙂

Wife is exhausted from feeding her all the time (we both underestimated this part of it) but we just love looking at her when she is awake eyes open and wriggling around. Her big doe eyes are adorable. Such a keen little observer.

Once we dress her up in her Chelsea clothes I will post a photo here 🙂

I think this is a song about a pretty little girl - for you and the mother:

Why has this game been scheduled for the Friday night?

I assumed it was for tv but it’s not showing as being on tv according to the club website, unless I’m missing something?

Regardless of that, we play on Tuesday night this week so we shouldn’t be scheduled for the Friday night anyway.

40 minutes ago, JonnyCFC said:

I assumed it was for tv but it’s not showing as being on tv according to the club website, unless I’m missing something?

Regardless of that, we play on Tuesday night this week so we shouldn’t be scheduled for the Friday night anyway.

Hadn't paid much attention to the date earlier but was puzzled to see it slated for Friday...apart from the foolishness of  Tuesday/Friday games it is another sign of how much the FA Cup has been devalued...Saturday was always "Cup Day",,,Sunday OK as time went on but a bunch of games on a Friday?

Feel a bit for our Villa visitor....means a day off work and school I assume and a struggle with the late rush hour to get across London...THEY really don't care about the ordinary working fans .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, JonnyCFC said:

Apparently Friday, 26 January is the only date the match can take place. This is due to Fulham being drawn at home to Newcastle United, the scheduling of their Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Liverpool on 24 January, and Aston Villa being in Premier League action on January 30.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Apparently Friday, 26 January is the only date the match can take place. This is due to Fulham being drawn at home to Newcastle United, the scheduling of their Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Liverpool on 24 January, and Aston Villa being in Premier League action on January 30.

Duh...Thanks Sam...but what about all the other Friday games?..... I should check first,ko times etc  I suppose but surely it's not beyond the great planners to juggle things a bit better?..Again without checking a  Sunday 12;30 KO at SB or Craven Cottage and a late ko for the other game gives both sides time to recover (just) from the earlier semis?

18 hours ago, JonnyCFC said:

On the bright side, Liverpool play Sunday going into our game against them on Wednesday.

So not too bad from that angle.

17 hours ago, chara said:

Duh...Thanks Sam...but what about all the other Friday games?..... I should check first,ko times etc  I suppose but surely it's not beyond the great planners to juggle things a bit better?..Again without checking a  Sunday 12;30 KO at SB or Craven Cottage and a late ko for the other game gives both sides time to recover (just) from the earlier semis?

I completely agree. It all comes back to too many games being crammed into the season at the top level. As much as I love the romance of the FA Cup and the small teams fighting to get a replay, it's surely time for replays to be scrapped in that competition like it is the League Cup? Although I'd much rather cut down the number of international matches before we touched the FA Cup. It will only get worse I presume, once the new Champions League format kicks in. We also have more teams in the World Cup and Euros meaning more matches for those that make it.

I feel like I've said this a lot recently, but this all comes back to money yet again and people will continue to question why we have so many more injuries in the game.

I predict we'll see many more top players leaving the game, at least at the very top level, much younger than they have previously as the demands are just too much, IMO.

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I completely agree. It all comes back to too many games being crammed into the season at the top level. As much as I love the romance of the FA Cup and the small teams fighting to get a replay, it's surely time for replays to be scrapped in that competition like it is the League Cup? Although I'd much rather cut down the number of international matches before we touched the FA Cup. It will only get worse I presume, once the new Champions League format kicks in. We also have more teams in the World Cup and Euros meaning more matches for those that make it.

I feel like I've said this a lot recently, but this all comes back to money yet again and people will continue to question why we have so many more injuries in the game.

I predict we'll see many more top players leaving the game, at least at the very top level, much younger than they have previously as the demands are just too much, IMO.

I think this ties very much into what @Dwmh has been saying about our very small squad . 

We are going to need a lot more players going forwards.

5 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

On the bright side, Liverpool play Sunday going into our game against them on Wednesday.

So not too bad from that angle.

Well if it helps us get a result at scamfield it will be well worth it!!

• Haha 1

And so we go again, not much of a break between this and the Boro match (as has already been discussed), but let's hope the lads are on a high after reaching the final and can get some momentum going into a trickier run of fixtures. Fitness allowing, I think the team stays the same as last night, but with Gallagher in for Mudryk and if Gusto is fit (does anyone know how long he is out for?), I'd start him as well, but presume he won't be.

Petrovic

Disasi - Silva - Colwill - Chilwell

Gallagher - Caicedo - Enzo

Sterling - Broja - Palmer

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

And so we go again, not much of a break between this and the Boro match (as has already been discussed), but let's hope the lads are on a high after reaching the final and can get some momentum going into a trickier run of fixtures. Fitness allowing, I think the team stays the same as last night, but with Gallagher in for Mudryk and if Gusto is fit (does anyone know how long he is out for?), I'd start him as well, but presume he won't be.

Petrovic

Disasi - Silva - Colwill - Chilwell

Gallagher - Caicedo - Enzo

Sterling - Broja - Palmer

Gallagher obviously comes back in for this one.

I would put question marks on Silva and Chilwell for different reasons, but assume one needs to play unless Gusto is fit, then you could see Gusto, Disasi, Badiashile, Colwill. 

13 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Assuming he hasn't been sold. In fact I thought that may have been the reason why he didn't start last night.

That could be a reason to no start him in a big match.
On the other hand it would definitely be a reason not to bring him on when the score was already 4-0

19 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Assuming he hasn't been sold. In fact I thought that may have been the reason why he didn't start last night.

God, you believe Gary Neville. 

Was pretty clear why he didn't play against a mid table championship team, in a game in which we were going to dominate the ball. 

• Agree 2

As I got older, I discovered that taking part is all very well, but, in the end, there is nothing quite like winning. It's nice to go into a game against someone above us in the premier league table and feel that we have a good chance of winning.

• Agree 1