JaneB

Matchday prediction  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Aston Villa win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/01/24 at 18:45

Big game this, imagine doing the cup double and finishing 6th. Would be an outrageous season, all things considered,  and very doable. 

Petrovic

Disasi Silva Colwill Chilwell

Caicedo Enzo

Madueke Gallagher Sterling

Palmer.

Silva and Chilwell may struggle to play two games in a few days but they kind of have to and Tuesday wasn't exactly the most taxing game in the world for them. 

Don't want to see Broja ever start a game for us again.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be the craziest  idea in the world to stick Mudryk up front, his work rate is very good and his pace would cause all sorts of issues plus it gets him much needed time on the pitch. 

With Nkunku and Chuck coming back and Madueke looking much better at the moment his chances will be limited.

He cant do any worse than Broja.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Wouldn't be the craziest  idea in the world to stick Mudryk up front, his work rate is very good and his pace would cause all sorts of issues plus it gets him much needed time on the pitch. 

With Nkunku and Chuck coming back and Madueke looking much better at the moment his chances will be limited.

It doesn't conform to the the coaching rule book Martin.Conte ripped it up and played Moses as a wing back.

I don't want to piss on people's parade but I think the 6-1 win was a one off against a poor team with an injury crisis .Win against Villa and a few more decent results against top opposition I will start to believe.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, martin1905 said:

He can’t hold the ball up / shield it to save his life and I wouldn’t trust him to stay onside either.    What Mudryk needs is an 18 month loan until the 25/26 season in an easier league. 

Has to be Palmer up top for me…  in fact, the team you posted, minus Chilwell.  He really surprised if he starts this one so soon after Boro, with Liverpool midweek. 

Based on what Poch has said, I’d be surprised if Chilwell starts, which means we’ll be playing 4 CBs again, which could make for painful viewing.

My guess is Gallagher comes back in for Mudryk and then it will be whether Madueke also starts with Palmer up front or if Broja will get another go. 

7 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

According to TOCWS, it won't be shown live in the UK, though it may be available in other jurisdictions. I think the BBC and CFCTV will be doing commentary live. 

That's ridiculous. Also forces people to turn to piracy.

Shall we do a Google Meet/Zoom call sharing the screen with the game on 😂  😂

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Bones said:

That's ridiculous. Also forces people to turn to piracy.

Shall we do a Google Meet/Zoom call sharing the screen with the game on 😂  😂

I'm beginning to feel the way little club fans feel about big club fans.  Twice now we have had our game not on TV and not at 3pm on a Saturday.

I'll deal with it the same way as when I dealt with it when i lived abroad and never had to worry about watching it before someone spolt the result for me.  Reddit will tell me how I can watch it after the game with none of the connection anxiety of keeping a stream going.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

He can’t hold the ball up / shield it to save his life and I wouldn’t trust him to stay onside either.    What Mudryk needs is an 18 month loan until the 25/26 season in an easier league. 

Agree 100% but Broja can't do anything either. At least Mudryk will give them something to think about with his pace and yeah he definitely needs a loan.

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Has to be Palmer up top for me…  in fact, the team you posted, minus Chilwell.  He really surprised if he starts this one so soon after Boro, with Liverpool midweek. 

Yeah, Palmer should definitely play upfront and should continue to until Jackson is back or we bring someone else in.

Normally I'd agree with Chilwell but the Middlesborough game was like a training exercise. If he's fit to be on the bench he's fit to play some part. I'd rather we start him and take him off if needed. We can't play 4 centre half's whatever happens.

9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Black armbands are to be worn tonight, in memory of Jurgen Klopp. All teams in England have been asked to wear them for the remainder of the season as a mark of respect.

And no doubt the PGMOL and the PL are readying their directives that the Victims must win every game at all costs to allow Jurgen to bow out with all the fanfare and celebrations that those wonderful fans of theirs deserve. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Plenty to choose from

Screenshot_20240126_103306_Chrome.jpg

Thanks.

Mrs and me + friends are going for dinner at a "fancy" restaurant tonight so I will have to have some sneak peaks on my mobile* during the dinner. Very popular/polite, not.............

5 courses, so maybe in between.......I could excuse with a prostate problem or something - haha

* I have my local TV provider also available on android app.

Edited by asvaberg

5 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Based on what Poch has said, I’d be surprised if Chilwell starts, which means we’ll be playing 4 CBs again, which could make for painful viewing.

My guess is Gallagher comes back in for Mudryk and then it will be whether Madueke also starts with Palmer up front or if Broja will get another go. 

What about Gusto?

40 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Black armbands are to be worn tonight, in memory of Jurgen Klopp. All teams in England have been asked to wear them for the remainder of the season as a mark of respect.

Stuff a black armband, if I might misquote the late, great, Ian Dury, I shall mourn the loss of the Liverpool boss with a black plastic flag

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He's out for this, could be back for Liverpool.

Then I can easily see Colwill and Disasi as full backs. I really don't think it is worth the risk with Chilwell.

• Agree 1

I think he might go for Disasi and Chilwell as backs and Colwill and Silva as CBs just to keep the group together. I don't think Chalobah is ready, and Badiashile is better on the left. However, having said that, if Chilwell can only do an hour or so, he would have to bring on Gilchrist at RB and move Disasi, Silva and Colwill left, which is not great.