• Draw
    • Wolves win

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Petr

Gusto Disasi Silva Chilwell

Gallagher Caicedo

Palmer Chukwuemeka Sterling 

Nkunku 

Gallagher and Caicedo is a bit industrial. Not much creativity. Enzo for Conor. 

I'd also stick Jackson in as he'll be match fit from the AFCON and was on good form before he went away. 

I'd drop Sterling to get Nkunku and Jackson together.  We need them to develop an understanding. 

23 hours ago, chara said:

A good question.....apart from the obvious players in the past JT etc...was JFH a real Chelsea player? ..Anelka?..Crespo ?..for example not argument...Alfie looks to be ....Rudi I always thought of as the perfect mercenary... dedicated to the flag he was working under but ready to go wherever he was paid to be without a look back.

Most of the present squad look like many a rehabbed or "saved" species being reintroduced to their natural environment...somewhat bemused and not quite sure where to go for the best!

Totally agree and perfectly put. Insofar as Jimmy, Nicolas and Hernan were concerned I would deem them real Chelsea in the same way Rudiger was.  They were real professionals. Fought for the shirt while they were here and when they left it was with a smile. I don't expect any player to stay forever any more but while they're here I do expect them to give everything 7 days a week and respect the fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

@Holymoly....your last line is spot on and exactly what I meant and expect....RESPECT......the other disconnect I seem to see in my "peripheral " vision...meaning glimpses and not quite sure...is a lack of respect for themselves...make any sense?

I am not sure about others, but there are players that I feel have moved in and those that I feel were just visiting. Loved Crespo but always felt he would soon move on. Same with Robben once we got him off the treatment table. Its not a criticism of them, just how it was.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I am not sure about others, but there are players that I feel have moved in and those that I feel were just visiting. Loved Crespo but always felt he would soon move on. Same with Robben once we got him off the treatment table. Its not a criticism of them, just how it was.

I think he cared:

image.thumb.jpeg.8baffe654df27979dbd4c978d53ae5c7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I loved him thought he was a real cut above the rest 

Quality indeed.

Not the bravest, but his movement, the space he created for himself and his finishing was absolute class. 

Three immediate memories:

Goal against Wigan for the winner

Goal vs Liverpool - What a finish

Goal for 3-2 (I think?)  against Fulham

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I know he cared, but I always felt his stay with us was temporary. Sometimes, I get it wrong. I thought Hazard would be temporary when he joined. 

Edited by Sciatika

9 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I know he cared, but I always felt his stay with us was temporary. Sometimes, I get it wrong. I thought Hazard would be temporary when he joined. 

Now here's a thought Sciatika.... maybe Eden's well known easy going attitude...not a dig just a muse ...meant he was happy at Chelsea and it was the line of least resistance to stay...goodness knows enough clubs would have snatched Chelsea's hand off if given the chance...and he did leave it at least a season too long before he moved on.

No criticism of one of the best players to wear the Chelsea shirt...loved by all and still so. Just an idle thought to bat about a little should anyone care to comment.

18 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

There was a lot going on, I believe his wife sadly had a miscarriage just after he first signed and they just couldn’t settle here following that.

He is always complimentary about us too.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

On Crespo, it was too short. I felt that despite us getting him towards the latter stages of his career, if the stars had aligned he could have been one of our greats.

Nevertheless it was and education and a pleasure watching him play for us in the flesh.

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, chara said:

...and he did leave it at least a season too long before he moved on.

No criticism of one of the best players to wear the Chelsea shirt...

May have been too long for his own good, @chara, but I’d have been happy to see him play out his career here. I didn’t miss one of his home matches.

Just now, Blue Moon said:

May have been too long for his own good, @chara, but I’d have been happy to see him play out his career here. I didn’t miss one of his home matches.

He was up there with Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Makelele, Kante, Essien for me.

14 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Me too....just realised my comment about waiting too long to move on could be read as meaning I thought he stayed too long...far from it...I meant for his own personal career.

I was lucky enough to see  the Great Chelsea sides and players of an earlier time..Ossie Cooke and a host of others so not so much envy as "I wish" I could have seen the recent Greats live...Zola in particular but all of them,,,grateful I was/am able to watch every Chelsea game now but still there is nothing like actually "Being There". 

Many years ago on the old CFCnet I started a "I Was There,,,for the older fan"...makes me smile now as it must have been 2004'ish!..I shared a lot of the memories of great moments but if I started it now equally great memories would be past my hands (eyes) on days!

Edited by chara

5 hours ago, Ham said:

Gallagher and Caicedo is a bit industrial. Not much creativity. Enzo for Conor. 

I'd also stick Jackson in as he'll be match fit from the AFCON and was on good form before he went away. 

I'd drop Sterling to get Nkunku and Jackson together.  We need them to develop an understanding. 

I think we need it to be industrial. Start from the back, need to get the defense sorted ASAP. We finally have a proper goalkeeper but he's being let down massively by what's going on infront of him.

The first thing we need to do is start putting round pegs in round holes, don't care who but we need full backs playing full backs and a steady, settled back 4.

Then a more industrial pivot is exactly what we need. I love Enzo and think he's being made a bit of a scapegoats by some but he can't play in this set up,  not his fault just an inept manager employing awful tactics.

The creativity will come from the three behind Nkunku and he himself. There's plenty of creativity there. We just need to go back to basics and most importantly play players in their correct positions. I know we've had lots of injuries but I always want to see like for like replacements. I mean, would Ian Maatsen have been any worse than Colwill or Badiashille at left back this season? I'd imagine almost certainly not.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, chara said:

Me too....just realised my comment about waiting too long to move on could be read as meaning I thought he stayed too long...far from it...I meant for his own personal career.

I was lucky enough to see  the Great Chelsea sides and players of an earlier time..Ossie Cooke and a host of others so not so much envy as "I wish" I could have seen the recent Greats live...Zola in particular but all of them,,,grateful I was/am able to watch every Chelsea game now but still there is nothing like actually "Being There". 

Many years ago on the old CFCnet I started a "I Was There,,,for the older fan"...makes me smile now as it must have been 2004'ish!..I shared a lot of the memories of great moments but if I started it now equally great memories would be past my hands (eyes) on days!

I was there for the Arsenal and Tottenham goals as well as many others and just f**k-me what happened there moments with Eden. 

As good as I’ve seen live and I include Franco in that. 

• Love 1
  • Agree 1

@east lower....I can still see Ossie stooping in to score at OT.still feel the emotion of the crowd.plus recall the smell of the pitch and the sheer joy and explosion of ecstasy,,,

The years pass and new faces and magic moments appear but the immediacy "being there'" stays the same forever.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, chara said:

@east lower....I can still see Ossie stooping in to score at OT.still feel the emotion of the crowd.plus recall the smell of the pitch and the sheer joy and explosion of ecstasy,,,

The years pass and new faces and magic moments appear but the immediacy "being there'" stays the same forever.

Quite, we each have those moments…………….having been a little bit too young to experience that one, the one that sticks with me and the only time I’ve only truly had to ‘wipe them away’ was in Munich when I actually realised we’d done it.