JaneB

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Wolves win

1 minute ago, east lower said:

Quite, we each have those moments…………….having been a little bit too young to experience that one, the one that sticks with me and the only time I’ve only truly had to ‘wipe them away’ was in Munich when I actually realised we’d done it.

Yep..that'll do it!!....Makes it all worth while...the dross and the heartache forgotten,,but again without the lows those pinnacles would not be so wonderful.

Just to add...playing THE final on the home ground of the opposition,,,can you imagine that "THEY" would allow certain other clubs to face that hurdle?

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, chara said:

Yep..that'll do it!!....Makes it all worth while...the dross and the heartache forgotten,,but again without the lows those pinnacles would not be so wonderful.

Just to add...playing THE final on the home ground of the opposition,,,can you imagine that "THEY" would allow certain other clubs to face that hurdle?

Again quite, without Moscow, the Ovrebo debacle etc. 

With the game finishing so late and queues for the trains, plus unknown delays we missed the last train from the city in Munich back to the airport and ended up 4-5 hrs late for the scheduled departure time. They held all planes though and it’s the fastest I’ve ever got through an airport onto a flight. I swear they taxied out as we were finding the seats on the plane - no sleep for 48hrs.

With all this chat, I’ve just been on YouTube ‘Against All Odds’ (no not Phil Collins) and I’m struggling to type with blurry vision. 

• Love 2

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Gallagher and Caicedo is a bit industrial. Not much creativity.

I like that - "industrial" sums up our midfield exactly.Enzo and Caicsedo are "industria"l - it's a euphemism for a waste of money....not what you suggest I'm sure .

All I hope from the lineup later is a right back playing right back (Gusto), a left back playing left back (Chilwell) and 2 centre backs playing centre back (Silva and Disasi), so that we can start seeing a proper back 4 as unsurprisingly to most on here, it will make a huge difference. My concern is, I don’t think Poch has it in him, I think he’s too scared to ‘sacrifice’ that much height.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

All I hope from the lineup later is a right back playing right back (Gusto), a left back playing left back (Chilwell) and 2 centre backs playing centre back (Silva and Disasi), so that we can start seeing a proper back 4 as unsurprisingly to most on here, it will make a huge difference. My concern is, I don’t think Poch has it in him, I think he’s too scared to ‘sacrifice’ that much height.

I suspect he will be more worried about pace than height with Wolves. The loss of Hwang, their top scorer with 11/44 this season, will be a big miss for them. However, still dangerous with Pedro(8) and Neto (3). Also, Traore, the first choice DM, is at Afcon.

12 hours ago, martin1905 said:

The best ever for me, in terms of ability.

It’s a fun debate and of course based on subjectivity but for me in terms of ability it’s Sir Zola, Genius and All-Conquering Supreme  God of Football, Who Can Do No Wrong Ever and Walks on Water. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

It’s a fun debate and of course based on subjectivity but for me in terms of ability it’s Sir Zola, Genius and All-Conquering Supreme  God of Football, Who Can Do No Wrong Ever and Walks on Water. 

The thing is that Sir Zola was such a unique person in his own right.  A thoroughly decent and lovely man whom it was impossible for anyone to dislike.  He also possessed the dedication and humility needed to become a top player.

I can't believe it's over 20 years since he left.  I could still talk about him all day long 😇

• Love 1

It's just occurred to me that Nkunku hasn't been doing his balloon thing.

Anyone watch him in Germany to know whether he did that for every goal or only when things were going well?

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

It's just occurred to me that Nkunku hasn't been doing his balloon thing.

Anyone watch him in Germany to know whether he did that for every goal or only when things were going well?

Might be because he has scored consolation goals

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

An actual back 4, whoop whoop!

Thats the strongest lineup we’ve been able to put out, possibly all season, so no excuses today! Let’s do it Chels 

Would have preferred a striker (or Jackson ;))

• Haha 1