Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Crystal Palace win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/24 at 19:00

21 minutes ago, Ham said:

I heard yesterday that there is a 70% plus chance of 5th place in the PL getting CL qualification. 

Not sure - stuff I am reading says United and Newcastle dropping out early may jeopardise it. In any case we won't be reaching CL or EL place and I would rather we didn't reach an ECL place at all costs.

Edited by Max Fowler

6 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Indeed.  Quite unremarkable.

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

I am just trying to mitigate against a week of glowing reports on here about how wonderful this team is (like we had after the monumental wins against Boro and Preston) and gently remind everyone that we are f'cked after tonight.

Except @CarefreeMuratcan was hopeful that we had turned a corner whereas Max's opinion is being put forward as fact. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I feel like tonight is quite pivotal. If we lose, or even draw playing poorly, with all the players they have missing, it will be a massive comedown after how well we played on Wednesday. 

We have to follow it up with another good performance. 

Yes , me too .

We desperately need some consistency to get behind and build upon. 

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

I would rather we didn't reach an ECL place at all costs.

Not at all sure about this, but, given that the winner of the Rumbelows Cup gets a ECL place and Liverpool are assured of a CL place, are we not already qualified for it, win or lose?

6 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Not at all sure about this, but, given that the winner of the Rumbelows Cup gets a ECL place and Liverpool are assured of a CL place, are we not already qualified for it, win or lose?

Looked it up - Im wrong. We have to win it to qualify.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Thanks for that as I too was wondering if we qualified by getting to the final and losing. Obviously I want us to win it but was erring on the side of caution!

1 minute ago, chrisb said:

Just seen that Petr Cech is joining the Sky Scouse pundits this evening. 

I saw something earlier from Carragher that 50% of the analytics is set aside to discuss the death of Jurgen and how Liverpool will replace him once he's sainted. 

Absolutely conflicted on forecasting the result here but just in case anyone needs a settling smile before yet another walk into the twilight zone that is the Chelsea season,,,(settled me down)..apologies mods..

WUM as someone posted on another subject.....Just spent an amusing happy 25 minutes discussing things with an Indian accented  chap, allegedly in Florida who wished for my medicare card details so he could send me a new card...after initially asking if he was going to send the money "they" owed me he offered to send me $100,,I led him down the path insisting I wanted the exact sum owed $655.25 which led him to desperately stating he was sending $700 ....25 minutes of windup,  as he tried to keep bring me back to giving details on my card, leading a rather bad scam artist down all sorts of paths has set me up nicely for the game...appro nothing but don't try to scam a scammer or a London boy who like most of us cut his teeth on the great Wind Up!

Off the fence ?....not yet...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

You reminded me of another fact that is ignored by the usual suspects of why this season has been so dismal - worse than last season. No Europe! All the clubs above us have had to travel all over the continent and we've got Nico Jackson sat at home texting OnlyFans models.

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

You reminded me of another fact that is ignored by the usual suspects of why this season has been so dismal - worse than last season. No Europe! All the clubs above us have had to travel all over the continent and we've got Nico Jackson sat at home texting OnlyFans models.

Who's ignoring that then Max, name and shame?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Not being in Europe saves me a lot of money so my bank balance isn’t seeing this as a dismal season at all!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

@Mark Kelly,,Thanks for the smile Mark..you would have been proud of me!🙃

Waiting for the team news...anyone remember the team changes to the printed programme side tannoy announcements just before KO ?

The cheers and jeers as the "At # ,,," change was announced......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chara said:

@Mark Kelly,,Thanks for the smile Mark..you would have been proud of me!🙃

Waiting for the team news...anyone remember the team changes to the printed programme side tannoy announcements just before KO ?

The cheers and jeers as the "At # ,,," change was announced......

That was back before squad numbers when it was just a simple 1 to 11 and you knew what players were playing where by their number!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chara said:

Absolutely conflicted on forecasting the result here but just in case anyone needs a settling smile before yet another walk into the twilight zone that is the Chelsea season,,,(settled me down)..apologies mods..

WUM as someone posted on another subject.....Just spent an amusing happy 25 minutes discussing things with an Indian accented  chap, allegedly in Florida who wished for my medicare card details so he could send me a new card...after initially asking if he was going to send the money "they" owed me he offered to send me $100,,I led him down the path insisting I wanted the exact sum owed $655.25 which led him to desperately stating he was sending $700 ....25 minutes of windup,  as he tried to keep bring me back to giving details on my card, leading a rather bad scam artist down all sorts of paths has set me up nicely for the game...appro nothing but don't try to scam a scammer or a London boy who like most of us cut his teeth on the great Wind Up!

Off the fence ?....not yet...

That’s your number posted all over Mumbai, Calcutta, Delhi and the rest of the Indian sub-continent then! 🤣🤣😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chrisb said:

That was back before squad numbers when it was just a simple 1 to 11 and you knew what players were playing where by their number!

Just realised Chris that there are knowledgeable posters on here who actually may have needed that clarification rather than your reminiscing observation 🫡

Indeed with the #'s you knew if the players were standing in the "right place"

• Like 1