Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Sheffield United win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/04/24 at 15:30

49 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Who knew a lumbering centre half wouldn't be any good as a foraging wing back .

Not the coach apparently 

At least he didn't play Raheem as a wing back

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Enzo lost 9 out of 10 of his duels and lost the ball a staggering 23 times. Pound for pound, that must be up there with the all-time worst performances by a Chelsea player.😟

I actually quite like him but yesterday he was pants. Its not surprising really - him and Caicedo have probably played in every game (and yep, I know we dont have any replacements)

15 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

I actually quite like him but yesterday he was pants. Its not surprising really - him and Caicedo have probably played in every game (and yep, I know we dont have any replacements)

Caicedo’s been close to half decent this season imo. Enzo utterly atrocious 

A little while back I made a point reiterated here,,at what ever level I played at there were always players able to see game day on pitch issues and changes were made..sometimes worked sometimes not but that is the game.

Differences...whilst every player probably could see issues not all could see the solutions or changes needed....of those that could see not all were strong enough personalities,..on the pitch...to enforce or implement such changes

BUT always the "leaders" remained and they were the ones who shuffled things and were listened to....the same with the better coaches.

We see very little obvious changes influenced by players and little understandable working game management from the bench,

In the earlier timed out post not posted I mentioned that I'm no great tactical brain but I can see what is wrong as we all can and to my somewhat simple football brain I thought it was obvious that Sterling and/or Mudryk be brought on to run at SU and change up from the same build up which invariably was glacial and finished with multiple players tip tapping to each other (or not!) in and around the crowded penalty area...over simplification I know but as ever changes too late,,,surely a good coach by half time can see issues and makes changes as needed early enough to change the approach?..again to my limited understanding it would appear The Poch does not have enough faith in his own decision making to make any bold or difficult decisions early enough to make a difference even given the lack of overall experience in the side and injury influenced bench options. 

Was Palmer pulled because of a knock,,or rather the almost criminal assault incident?

We have an ineffective coaching team for the times we are in...simple fact to my mind.

As ever..The Poch out...jobsworth appointment.... but who could handle the present situation?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, chara said:

A little while back I made a point reiterated here,,at what ever level I played at there were always players able to see game day on pitch issues and changes were made..sometimes worked sometimes not but that is the game.

Differences...whilst every player probably could see issues not all could see the solutions or changes needed....of those that could see not all were strong enough personalities,..on the pitch...to enforce or implement such changes

BUT always the "leaders" remained and they were the ones who shuffled things and were listened to....the same with the better coaches.

We see very little obvious changes influenced by players and little understandable working game management from the bench,

In the earlier timed out post not posted I mentioned that I'm no great tactical brain but I can see what is wrong as we all can and to my somewhat simple football brain I thought it was obvious that Sterling and/or Mudryk be brought on to run at SU and change up from the same build up which invariably was glacial and finished with multiple players tip tapping to each other (or not!) in and around the crowded penalty area...over simplification I know but as ever changes too late,,,surely a good coach by half time can see issues and makes changes as needed early enough to change the approach?..again to my limited understanding it would appear The Poch does not have enough faith in his own decision making to make any bold or difficult decisions early enough to make a difference even given the lack of overall experience in the side and injury influenced bench options. 

Was Palmer pulled because of a knock,,or rather the almost criminal assault incident?

We have an ineffective coaching team for the times we are in...simple fact to my mind.

As ever..The Poch out...jobsworth appointment.... but who could handle the present situation?

We’re on the same page as regards in the pitch influence - some here will see that archaic ramblings, ‘the games moved on’  - ‘stuck in the 1920’s’ yada, yada. 

But the truth is that football is and always has been a game where the best organised, with the best work ethic and talented will generally win out. You can park your xG, possession stats etc, do the aforementioned bits first and fore-mostly. Refine after you have those basics taken care of. The fraud and the fraud squad at the side and behind him have not done that and quite frankly won’t. Would I trust Lawrence and Winstanley with a £ of my money - Not a chance. Apart from the likelihood of that set of chancers having massive termination clause’s I’d bin them too. £215 million on the two midfielders - gross misconduct!

Anyway, Palmer was limping when he came onto the pitch after the game. So there was something wrong. Second question - I’d genuinely take any competent coach who’ll get us organised - let’s see what one with a couple of football brain cells can do. 

• Like 1

Thanks @east lower... I am a great believer in the advances in the game at probably every level but as you stated the basic things do not change,,,score the most goals concede the least,,, bottom line and the more thought (coaching) that goes into achieving that the more a coach needs to work at HIS job,,,too simple a concept?

Taken that EV's are state of the art compared to the first motorised vehicles...they still only take you from A to B

with more comfort and speed but..........😉🦖🏎️🚘

6 minutes ago, chara said:

Thanks @east lower... I am a great believer in the advances in the game at probably every level but as you stated the basic things do not change,,,score the most goals concede the least,,, bottom line and the more thought (coaching) that goes into achieving that the more a coach needs to work at HIS job,,,too simple a concept?

Taken that EV's are state of the art compared to the first motorised vehicles...they still only take you from A to B

Keep fast charging those batteries and they’ll be less efficient - there’s a metaphor in there!! 😉🤣

Refinements are what the statistics should be used for, but just like accounting in business - it’s taken over and removed focus from what made you good in the first place.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chara said:

[SNIP]

Designed by Thomas davenport in 1834, essentially the first EV  😉

baker-electric-car-1.webp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Bob Singleton...Thanks for that...looked him up...what a visionary...this forum and the breadth of knowledge of the members forever amazes and delights me.

I may not always agree with you Bob but good to see you posting again...don't stay away so long!

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Anyway, Palmer was limping when he came onto the pitch after the game. So there was something wrong. 

He got taken out by a late two footed high speed tackle that was a few postcodes away from the ball. Thankfully the ref noticed and sent the miscreant off. Oh wait. No he didn't. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Designed by Thomas davenport in 1834, essentially the first EV  😉

baker-electric-car-1.webp

The new ones probably go as far as that one!!

Hundreds of thousands of the things stood up, as dealers can’t move the new EV’s. 

Just changed my car and the dealers pretty much all said the same. Salespeople are getting annoyed as they can’t earn the same commissions as when selling combustion engines. The chap at BMW said they were considering stopping production of EV’s in the next 10 years, as there’s something coming to replace them.

11 minutes ago, east lower said:

The new ones probably go as far as that one!!

Hundreds of thousands of the things stood up, as dealers can’t move the new EV’s. 

Just changed my car and the dealers pretty much all said the same. Salespeople are getting annoyed as they can’t earn the same commissions as when selling combustion engines. The chap at BMW said they were considering stopping production of EV’s in the next 10 years, as there’s something coming to replace them.

The way things are going it'll be horses. 

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He got taken out by a late two footed high speed tackle that was a few postcodes away from the ball. Thankfully the ref noticed and sent the miscreant off. Oh wait. No he didn't. 

Saw it, looked bad in real time at the ground.

Not watched it back, don’t want to watch the debacle back.

That referee was doing the job of Denzil Washington yesterday - The Equaliser!

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The way things are going it'll be horses. 

Neigh 🐴 

He said something about hydrogen - floated well above my head 😉

360 miles yesterday on a decent bit than less than half a tank of diesel. 210bhp, 2-litre engine. Quiet as a mouse and almost drove itself home - what’s not to like.

Edited by east lower

34 minutes ago, east lower said:

Neigh 🐴 

He said something about hydrogen - floated well above my head 😉

360 miles yesterday on a decent bit than less than half a tank of diesel. 210bhp, 2-litre engine. Quiet as a mouse and almost drove itself home - what’s not to like.

I have a hybrid petrol myself, it only has a range of 31mph but can get to and from work for no petrol 

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I have a hybrid petrol myself, it only has a range of 31mph but can get to and from work for no petrol 

They have their uses (EV’s) but for people who do lots of miles - I do 25k ish per year, they’re simply not practical. 

Only 1 charge in 4 should be on a fast charger, otherwise you face getting a new set of batteries way early. 

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wonder whether we have the same as mine also has a 30ish mile battery.  My missus never touches the petrol. I'm the only one that uses petrol on appointments in the south east. 

20 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Is this documented or theory?

https://bilitielectric.com/blog/does-fast-charging-damage-ev-batteries/

One of many articles available on the subject. 

I ended buying a Genesis GV70 Diesel, made by Hyundai. When chatting with the salespeople, they re-iterated the issues with repeated and frequent fast-charging issues with EV’s. 

BEB58DAB-5168-4418-B4D8-E7FE470ED0F6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

I wonder whether we have the same as mine also has a 30ish mile battery.  My missus never touches the petrol. I'm the only one that uses petrol on appointments in the south east. 

Citroen C5 aircross