Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Sheffield United win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/04/24 at 15:30

2 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Yep, Eurostar do some good deals and I’m sure this squad would enjoy Disneyland since most of the tw*ts seem to be frolicking there instead of concentrating on the game.

Frankly I honestly think we'd be better off not fluking a European spot. Of course we want to finish as high as possible but I am highly doubtful of this team's ability to cope with European football.

Usually Europa League / conference League finish = lower league position, we cannot afford that especially with our points deduction from the RA era likely to land next season

I bet Poch comes out and says we were tired. How tired and f'ed would our squad and medical team be if we were trapsing around Europe right now too?!

Edited by Max Fowler
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

To have the elation of the Man U game and not build on that is really disappointing.

If you can't be at it the game after one like that, really there's not hope.

They can only seem to raise themselves to max for the big games. To drop so many points to crap teams proves that!

3 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

Badiashile brought on to shore things up and he gets jumped over and lets the same man run off him for the goal. Great sub again, really worked wonders.

The problem right there 'Badiashile to shore things up' !! - the guy has been tripping over his own feet in recent games - another master stroke by  Poch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

We may as well have stuck with Potter tbh. I wonder what he’s thinking as he counts his money. 💰 💭 

If we were changing all the players then we probably should have. The board thought they were getting an upgrade, we thought we were getting someone who'd instill a bit of nastiness in the side. We got Manuel from Fawlty Towers. "I know nothing". 

Get the clown out and a coach in. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

We may as well have stuck with Potter tbh. I wonder what he’s thinking as he counts his money. 💰 💭 

Go back further. We sacked Lampard when he had got us 4th and to an FA cup final. I think we’d all settle for that now? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Flinkers said:

11 goals against in the last 5 league games.

More than half of them down to three errors by our keeper and clangers by our own outfield players. Just average keeping and non clown level mistakes would have made a difference to our points tally.

1 minute ago, kev61 said:

The problem right there 'Badiashile to shore things up' !! - the guy has been tripping over his own feet in recent games - another master stroke by  Poch.

All the more reason to leave him on the bench and stick with what we had. Pochettino couldn’t have picked a worse sub!

Just now, NoblyBobly said:

Go back further. We sacked Lampard when he had got us 4th and to an FA cup final. I think we’d all settle for that now? 

And Tuchel won us the CL. You're not suggesting sacking Frank, when we were 9th was the wrong thing ??

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's an absolute non coach, we have literally nothing other than raw talent to fall back on on games as he doesn't instill anything in them that would help them stop being so easy to play against. 

I’m not his biggest fan either, but no top coach is getting much out of Petrovic, Cucurella, Disasi, Jackson etc…the midfield isn’t much better and the bench is lacklustre, he’s working with absolute mediocrity here in fairness. A lot of these players should never have been signed in the first place and it needs correcting in the summer. 

Edited by Floyd25
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Floyd25 said:

I’m not his biggest fan either, but no top coach is getting much out of Petrovic, Cucurella, Disasi, Jackson etc…the midfield isn’t much better and the bench is lacklustre, he’s working with absolute mediocrity here in fairness, a lot of these players should never have been signed in the first place and it needs correcting in the summer. 

Just the basics of organisation and teamwork would be good. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Floyd25 said:

I’m not his biggest fan either, but no top coach is getting much out of Petrovic, Cucurella, Disasi, Jackson etc…the midfield isn’t much better and the bench is lacklustre, he’s working with absolute mediocrity here in fairness. A lot of these players should never have been signed in the first place and it needs correcting in the summer. 

All those players walk into the Sheffield United team.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

I’m not saying that Emery is a top coach but he seems to be doing pretty well with a squad that is no better than ours.

1 minute ago, Flinkers said:

All the more reason to leave him on the bench and stick with what we had. Pochettino couldn’t have picked a worse sub!

Exactly so.He's a bungling idiot.A manager that frequently snatches defeats(or draws) from the jaws of victory.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• JaneB changed the title to Sheffield United 2 Chelsea 2
5 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Meanwhile Jorginho and Havertz literally helping Arsenal to top spot this weekend... 😵‍💫

I actually like Jackson as a second choice striker and had high hopes for Petrovic based on his start - maybe he can still turn it around, but if you shop around in the 20-30 million market in key positions you aren't going to compete at the top of the league

Edited by Max Fowler

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think they know a chancer when they see one,. One who has his favourites and then has to turn to those he doesn't like to save his skin. 

He's an absolute non coach, we have literally nothing other than raw talent to fall back on on games as he doesn't instill anything in them that would help them stop being so easy to play against. 

He leaves we get Sam Allardyce, we'd be better that's how shit he is as a coach 

I'm not defending Poch, who I agree has been extremely poor, but I genuinely think we'd maybe see at most a 10% improvement with a new manager if we were to sack Poch right this minute. The squad is just set up so poorly, it needs at least 1-2 more transfer windows and some actual experience and on-the-pitch leadership. And if we are relying solely on raw talent, that is extremely concerning as our squad leaves a lot to be desired at the moment, especially defensively.

I think we just have to ride this out until the end of the season then make the changes we need. Hopefully we can fluke the FA cup.

5 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

The issue is he's not trying to get better performances out of them he's trying to get them running a lot and nothing else. 

Watch any top side, they have a shape in possession a shape out of possession, each of them know where the other one will be at any given time. 

Nobody knows where they should be under Poch as he isn't  telling them. 

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

And Tuchel won us the CL. You're not suggesting sacking Frank, when we were 9th was the wrong thing ??

I am indeed suggesting that. He was sacked because he was given a group of fab expensive players who weren’t that at all and made a bloated club full of unreasonably expectations. 
Im suggesting we should have added a couple of additions but essentially left Lampard with that young team /squad filled with academy that  got us 4th and see where it got us. I actually felt proud of that team.  
And do you know who qualified us into that CL and through the group stages? Lampard of course. But I would forgo that CL title if it meant not being this embarrassed for what seems a very long time with no real immediate hope for the future. 

Edited by NoblyBobly