Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Sheffield United win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/04/24 at 15:30

I think we need to be realistic and escape this instant wins expectation a la post-Fergie Utd. Firing Poch this Summer would be idiotic. He can't mould a team from scratch in one season.

Fix the medical department, give him a fully fit squad with James, Chilwell, Nkunku, Chuka, Big Les, Fofana, Lavia all available.

Then judge him in June 2025.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bones said:

Also I dont understand why we start going defensive after going 1-2 up in the 70th min. There is still half an hour of football left. ATTACK!!!

Because the guy hasn't a clue.He would make a terrible pontoon player.He sticks when he should twist and vice versa.

Our biggest problem lies with the owners but unfortunately we are stuck with them.Then we have Poch -  I'm confident that a different manager will make a big difference .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Because the guy hasn't a clue.He would make a terrible pontoon player.He sticks when he should twist and vice versa.

Our biggest problem lies with the owners but unfortunately we are stuck with them.Then we have Poch -  I'm confident that a different manager will make a big difference .

Out of interest who would you have as manager? 👀💯💭

21 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

I'm not sure whether this is tongue in cheek.Give him another year!.

Might as well set the table for the mad hatters tea party.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

I think we need to be realistic and escape this instant wins expectation a la post-Fergie Utd. Firing Poch this Summer would be idiotic. He can't mould a team from scratch in one season.

Fix the medical department, give him a fully fit squad with James, Chilwell, Nkunku, Chuka, Big Les, Fofana, Lavia all available.

I’m sorry bro but this is such a tired argument by now. There are always excuses and the goalposts always keep moving. Judge Potter at the end of the season! Judge him after 2 years! Judge him after 5 years! Judge Poch at the end of the season! Judge him at the end of next season!

The time for judgement is now.

Would a fully fit squad make a difference? Sure. But so would it for the likes of Newcastle who have arguably had worse injuries and are ahead of us. Many teams have had injuries and yes ours have been some of the worst 

I don’t even think Poch is the biggest problem and yet he’s clearly been a total and utter failure. But the fault is squarely pointed at the owners in my eyes. He was always dealt a terrible hand 

Saw some bits of the first half while cooking and from what I saw we were absolutely awful and from what I’ve read it was worse than what I saw.

I’m not even surprised anymore. Drew with bottom of the table and with second from bottom who had 10 men, all in the last week or so… it’s pathetic, but exactly what we’ve come to expect of this team. They can get up for the big games but have no drive in the ‘less glamorous’ matches. Weak and crap.

Want the season over. Europe should be possible for next season, but we won’t get it.

25 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Out of interest who would you have as manager? 👀💯💭

The only hope is that the owners quietly realise their failed model and adjust for a top manager. Looks like they are doubling and tripling down on the model for next season though. We could easily hire someone who does worse than Poch plus get whacked with our points deduction. Maybe that will wake the entire club up.

Concern is that this is just an investment portfolio ownership who don't really care if the fans are unhappy or if care enough that we're not winning trophies. We can still collect the best young assets in world football and sell them on like Brighton.

No doubt instead of taking a copy of Playboy to bed, TB and Egbhali printed off a latest copy of Brighton's profit and loss accounts.

Where is the incentive for them for us to be really successful on the pitch? There isn't a strong enough one. Yes we need to do somewhat okay so the assets don't completely depreciate.

We are an investment. They are an investment fund. We are one of their many investments. That's it. 

Of course Todd is a sports fan and they want us to win but I repeat - the incentive is not strong enough. We are competing against states who are absolutely desperate for their countries to show off their credentials to the rest of the world and practically have unlimited money to burn. 

Roman was desperate for us to win because he was a proper football fan and we were his club. Of course Clearlake want us to be successful, but everything is going through the lens of investments, profits and loss, yadayadaya

In a hyper competitive league like the PL - WE ARE DONE!

Edited by Max Fowler
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

In a hyper competitive league like the PL - WE ARE DONE!

If that’s true then we might as well give up and move on, I have to believe that there is a way back to the top for us. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

If that’s true then we might as well give up and move on, I have to believe that there is a way back to the top for us. 

The way back is to increase the pressure on these owners to change the model. If we don't we're going to turn around in circles like Arsenal did for the next 15 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I don’t even think Poch is the biggest problem and yet he’s clearly been a total and utter failure. But the fault is squarely pointed at the owners in my eyes. He was always dealt a terrible hand 

Yep. I don’t think Poch ever really bought into the Board’s ‘youth’  project and saw it as a disaster in the making.

Alarm bells started to sound for me when he was begging for a more experienced squad from the outset. Instead we appointed him as manager then proceeded to recruit a bunch of youngsters and told him to mould them into a team, and btw European football was the minimum expectation.

Now Poch is rightly going to be sacked because he’s not been able to get any consistency out of the players and has been unbelievably inept. But once he’s gone the idiots behind this mess are still going to be in charge and that’s the scary thing. 

Edited by Original 21
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Yeah it's just that usually a switch of behaviour like that suggests something has changed. It was like when Potter swore last season and everyone was shocked because Potter never swears - then he got sacked about 2 weeks later. Maybe Poch already knows he's gone.

He is going nowhere, he is towing the company line of saying the words project and 3-5 years to evolve,  etc etc etc. 

Have a feeling I be able to get a season ticket without being in a queue within two seasons "that's if I can afford one 😀"

• Haha 1

OK very late to the "discussion" due to the Colorado Psycho Weather the internet down up until a little while ago (830pm)

Have not read any comments yet but was as angry and frustrated as I have ever been.... missed venting with others on here but came away wondering when The Poch was going to change something ,almost anything.

So,,here goes I'm about to check from the beginning and see if I was alone in my feelings this am.

Be back.

Tried to update but long addition got "timed out"!

Briefly...everyone seemed to share my agony, anger, frustration  and dismay.

The ref until maybe he realised he was going too far seemed to have given SU a Licence To Kill and two very justifiable reds to my untrained eye,,,lip read Conor..bemused..:How is that a foul ref?:,,my answer was "Because you're wearing a Blue Shirt"

Abysmal game management matched by an equally abysmal team showing.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

So after sleeping on it I still can’t work out why Poch made substitutions in the 2nd minute of 5 added on when facing a free kick. Why bring on two players (one of which hasn’t played much at all) who weren’t up to match speed? I’m sure those still on the pitch could’ve lasted another 3 minutes. I’m still not convinced that McBurnie was onside as he looked off from the replay and we never got to see the VAR review.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

27 goals conceded in the last 13 games. That's more than two goals a game. Unsustainable.

Almost everything we do at the moment is unsustainable.

Reliance on Palmer is another and so is getting bailed out by overtime goals. The team should get some credit for the latter as there are some signs of a "never say die" attitude but 4 out of 5 of our last wins have come in overtime and it goes without saying thats 1 - an unprecedented amount of overtime wins and 2 - completely unsustainable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The away fans were particularly cheesed-off at the end of the game yesterday and vocalised it. 

Players trudged off with their chins in their chests barely acknowledging the away support. A few made the ‘effort’ of walking 10-20 yards out of the centre circle towards the fans and Palmer came over.

There’s something rotten about the club now and it’s starting to show.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

What's annoying is that most of the problems we showed yesterday (and frequently in other games) are fixable, but no one seems to be fixing them. Worse, each time it happens, the whole thing becomes more likely. Maybe we need to get a manager who is good at organising a back line because the current defensive coaches do not seem capable of doing it. Frustrated.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I'd also invite anyone to watch the entire buildup to Sheffields first goal and specifically look at our midfielders. Petrovic and Cucurella is ultimately at fault in the end but just look at Caicedo and especially Enzo in Sheffields buildup there.

Enzo does nothing to mark either a player or space to begin with. 
Waddles over to McBurnie proximity eventually but then lets him go with zero pressure.
Ball is then played to Hamer and Enzo's got every chance to put pressure on him (Picture 1)
But instead of doing that as he should he takes up some kind of squatting position again and being completely useless (Picture 2)

image.png.b3d03142d5cb1dbb7514f0b7c3799afe.png

image.png.542b914523fbecac5681ae0ad36113bc.png

Just really poor all around.

• Agree 2

I was much more disappointed by our overall display and  technical ability of our players than the result itself. 3 points would have only papered over the cracks of what was one of the poorest displays I've seen since the mid 90"s. 

Palmer can be excused for his display. The weight he's carrying on his young, inexperienced shoulders is  a burden I've never seen put onto  such a young English player, so it's no wonder he looked as flat as a pancake yesterday. The rest were absolute doggy doo from start to finish with not a single player looking like anything more than a player from a team fighting relegation. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, east lower said:

The away fans were particularly cheesed-off at the end of the game yesterday and vocalised it. 

Players trudged off with their chins in their chests barely acknowledging the away support. A few made the ‘effort’ of walking 10-20 yards out of the centre circle towards the fans and Palmer came over.

Ive tried to stick up for our players as much as possible,  but yesterday's performance and what you say here is a turning point for me.