Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Sheffield United win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/04/24 at 15:30

This could well be just the game and team we really, really struggle against.

They’ll fight and battle and work their socks -off. Probably with two-blocks of 5-4 or 4-5, playing on the break. All the components that go towards the perfect mix for our side to struggle against, as we’ve seen all season.

An early goal might change things, so if I were coaching I’d set us up to try and get an early goal. But, there’s part of me that thinks that even an early goal wouldn’t change the way that Wilder will set them up to play. All they need is a goal or two from set-plays or our mistakes. They’ll be patient in those respects, I suspect. 

Their recent sides do not have many players that I’m familiar with, and as such I wouldn’t know who we play to exploit any identified weaknesses. Suspect that available and fit players would form as much as a basis for selection as anything, but I would like to get a look at Chuks or Casadei in a starting line-up.

• Agree 3

14 hours ago, east lower said:

They’ll fight and battle and work their socks -off. Probably with two-blocks of 5-4 or 4-5, playing on the break. All the components that go towards the perfect mix for our side to struggle against, as we’ve seen all season.

An early goal might change things, so if I were coaching I’d set us up to try and get an early goal. But, there’s part of me that thinks that even an early goal wouldn’t change the way that Wilder will set them up to play. All they need is a goal or two from set-plays or our mistakes. They’ll be patient in those respects, I suspect. 

Their recent sides do not have many players that I’m familiar with, and as such I wouldn’t know who we play to exploit any identified weaknesses. Suspect that available and fit players would form as much as a basis for selection as anything, but I would like to get a look at Chuks or Casadei in a starting line-up.

I think they're that bad we'll probably win comfortably. It should be easy enough to ignore the reignited minority who think we're actually going somewhere after this game and United. Our upcoming fixtures after this will be far more interesting...

15 hours ago, east lower said:

Agree on that though think we will win.

24 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Had been looking forward to watching this via stream, but alas my life partner has invited her two oldest friends for lunch, one with the most insufferable bore known to mankind. The chances of hiding in the den with an ipad without that feckwit crashing in to interrogate me about my latest business venture, pension fund performance, golf handicap and latest clubhead design, his daughter's burgeoning career and my children's lack of their first million, or his home rugby performance (Wales - he was born in London, and became Welsh when he hit his 30s)  ..... you get it ...... is sadly zero. Can't even take solace in an overdose of gin, as I'd likely lose it and crown the bugger. This evening I shall go to the pub. Then watch MOTD.

You brits, just fantastic way with words: "the most insufferable bore known to mankind"

I am still laughing out loud , that loud so Mrs A here talks about calling for nurse Ratched 😁😁😁

Edited by asvaberg
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

So, seeing as this game isn't being shown on TV any idea why its kicking off so late and why on a Sunday? 

It's on subscription channel here in Norway (which I don't have).

The game should have been tomorrow as both  teams played Thursday, but it's not 😮

Edited by asvaberg
  • Like 1

... and the timing is odd because it was initially scheduled for 1330 but then moved back to the evening because it clashed with another event in Sheffield (a half marathon). It was moved to 1730 to give fans a chance to get home after the game. Sky, which was to broadcast, was already covering the other games, including Spurs at 1800, and so could not take up the option.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Had been looking forward to watching this via stream, but alas my life partner has invited her two oldest friends for lunch, one with the most insufferable bore known to mankind. The chances of hiding in the den with an ipad without that feckwit crashing in to interrogate me about my latest business venture, pension fund performance, golf handicap and latest clubhead design, his daughter's burgeoning career and my children's lack of their first million, or his home rugby performance (Wales - he was born in London, and became Welsh when he hit his 30s)  ..... you get it ...... is sadly zero. Can't even take solace in an overdose of gin, as I'd likely lose it and crown the bugger. This evening I shall go to the pub. Then watch MOTD.

You could always try “can you just ****-off whilst I watch the match”? 

Bit of a conversation dampener, but tends to have an effect 🤣

They’re your partner’s pals! 

As you probably can tell, I don’t have too many friends! 🤔😉

• Haha 2

As for the other games today:

In MAN: I really hope for a terrible ref, dozens of yellow and red cards to the visitors, fighting and pizza throw, all but football...... And a draw 🙂

Oh, wait - it's 'them"....... No matter what happens,  it's never their fault.....

In London(North): a boring and completely waste of time for the viewers. And 0-1 result 😁

32 minutes ago, east lower said:

You could always try “can you just ****-off whilst I watch the match”? 

Bit of a conversation dampener, but tends to have an effect 🤣

They’re your partner’s pals! 

As you probably can tell, I don’t have too many friends! 🤔😉

Or fake a tummy upset and spend most of the match in the loo with an iPad.

On 06/04/2024 at 13:52, Chelsea_Matt said:

If we can’t beat 10-man Burnley at home then this has home win written all over it. We’re too weak.

Doesn't work like that.

We drew twice with 11 man Man City. Doesn't mean we should beat all the teams that they beat. 

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’m currently roasting a leg of lamb, whilst sitting in a rented converted barn, looking out at the Brecon Beacons as I watch Man United vs Liverpool. I won’t be streaming out match this week, but I will be enjoying my lamb and wine whilst enjoying the views.

Hopefully, it’ll be MoTD for me later.

IMG_3932.jpeg

Forget fotball. In those surroundings, put on something like this

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’m currently roasting a leg of lamb, whilst sitting in a rented converted barn, looking out at the Brecon Beacons as I watch Man United vs Liverpool. I won’t be streaming out match this week, but I will be enjoying my lamb and wine whilst enjoying the views.

Hopefully, it’ll be MoTD for me later.

IMG_3932.jpeg

Spent too much time in the Brecon Beacons, just the thought of them brings back cold, wet and miserable memories! 

Edited by chrisb
  • Thanks 1

Chalobah in for Gusto, probably makes sense to give Gusto a rest.

Silva in for Badiashile, makes sense to rest Badiashile and arguably tighten up at the back with Silva.

Madueke in for Mudryk, not sure I agree with, Mudryk really just needs this run in the side, although you could argue that with Sheff United sitting deep, it’s a better match for Madueke than Mudryk. 

Interesting Madueke in ahead of Sterling.