1. 1. What will the result be?

• Manchester City win in 90 mins
    • Manchester City win AET
    • Manchester City win on penalties
    • Chelsea win in 90 mins
    • Chelsea win AET
    • Chelsea win on penalties

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/04/24 at 15:15

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup Semi-Final match against Manchester City at Wembley Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:15 hours on Saturday, 20th April 2024 (Local UK time/date (Live on the BBC))

6 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Just so adorable. She is starting to make noises, "talking" with us. Rolling over. Grabbing things. Right now she is on her play mat and occasionally looking over at the TV to watch the game 🙂

Even when she cries it's cute. 

Aww bless her 💙 Lovely to hear 🥰

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Bet Pep is pleased to see how well Palmer is doing!

He probably is, actually. 

Pep strikes me as the sort of coach who takes delight in players he's nurtured coming good... even if they've come good elsewhere. With all the talent at his disposal, Pep was never going to be able to give Cole Palmer the minutes he's gotten at Chelsea. That Palmer has taken his opportunity to shine is a credit to his own self-belief, but also to a certain extent, to the coaching he's received from Pep.

Having said that, he might be mighty p*ss*d off if Palmer repeats tonight's performance at the weekend.   😉

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

I think the question will now be - will Poch stick with the same side as the one that beat Everton?

I hope not. It should be horses for courses

Playing Everton at home is a very different prospect to City at Wembley 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

What about 3 at the back, and Gusto/Chilwell as wingbacks? Will this in any way help Silva in central defence, tempowise?

I think it would be a backward step and strange decision.

For all the moaning about out continuation to play out from the back (one for you Kev!), its that bravery in possession and attempting to play through the city press, that has been the reason we have matched them in two league games this season.

Playing our usual way may mean we come up short in this game, but I suspect its also our best chance of getting a result. If we revert to a back three, we will end up giving up possession to city and get picked off, or we end up recycling the ball between a back three and go nowhere.

We have to be brave and play our normal game. It's got us two draws against them so far, cutting out stupid mistakes is the key to winning them the game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

I think it would be a backward step and strange decision.

For all the moaning about out continuation to play out from the back (one for you Kev!), its that bravery in possession and attempting to play through the city press, that has been the reason we have matched them in two league games this season.

Playing our usual way may mean we come up short in this game, but I suspect its also our best chance of getting a result. If we revert to a back three, we will end up giving up possession to city and get picked off, or we end up recycling the ball between a back three and go nowhere.

We have to be brave and play our normal game. It's got us two draws against them so far, cutting out stupid mistakes is the key to winning them the game.

OK, well put.

So then:

Petrovic

Gusto - Trevoh - Silva - Cucurella

Caicedo - Gallagher - Chilwell

Palmer - Jackson -  Mudryk

7 hours ago, asvaberg said:

What about 3 at the back, and Gusto/Chilwell as wingbacks? Will this in any way help Silva in central defence, tempowise?

We would need 3 fit centre backs to consider that. 🤭

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, asvaberg said:

OK, well put.

So then:

Petrovic

Gusto - Trevoh - Silva - Cucurella

Caicedo - Gallagher - Chilwell

Palmer - Jackson -  Mudryk

If fit, I think we need Enzo against City. Last night showed that Caicedo and Gallagher are the better option against mid to lower table teams but Enzo will still be important against top teams and Europe if we make if there next season. Very much like the Jorginho situation! 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

If fit, I think we need Enzo against City. Last night showed that Caicedo and Gallagher are the better option against mid to lower table teams but Enzo will still be important against top teams and Europe if we make if there next season. Very much like the Jorginho situation! 

Read somewhere that Enzo was "held back" yesterday with a view to the City game, after which the club will make a decision on whether he has some abdominal surgery and misses the remainder of the season (but back in time for a full pre-season)  or they 'wait and see'.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Read somewhere that Enzo was "held back" yesterday with a view to the City game, after which the club will make a decision on whether he has some abdominal surgery and misses the remainder of the season (but back in time for a full pre-season)  or they 'wait and see'.

More accurately, he wants to have surgery that will have him out for at least 3 weeks prior to the end of the season so that he'll be fit to play for Argentina in the Copa America. 

Priorities 🤔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

If fit, I think we need Enzo against City. Last night showed that Caicedo and Gallagher are the better option against mid to lower table teams.

Wow! - I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion.Enzo has been a passenger in midfield for most of the season.

You suggest that the pairing of Caicedo and  Gallagher in the thick of midfield wouldn't have the same effect against City(you could be right)

We trounced Everton  in every way -granted they are shit and generally fodder for most teams in the premiership.The thing that i got out of the game is if they sell Gallagher they are totally clueless.I was one that  was not a great fan of Connor but he is a warrior and future leader.

Go through the whole team  against Everton and you will find  the players  that played have the right attitude, The attitude of the 'young lions' - Jackson and the other geezer should be stamped out immediately.

It might be better for them to beat RM after ET and pens. That way, there is less hanging on the FA Cup. It is, after all, only their third most important trophy.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

It might be better for them to beat RM after ET and pens. That way, there is less hanging on the FA Cup. It is, after all, only their third most important trophy.

Hmmmmm depends what psychologist you ask.... 😁

• Haha 1

Madrid are getting in behind City so easily, something we could exploit this weekend. Late runners, ball over the top, they seem very vulnerable. 

Edited by Floyd25
  • Agree 1