1. 1. What will the result be?

• Manchester City win in 90 mins
    • Manchester City win AET
    • Manchester City win on penalties
    • Chelsea win in 90 mins
    • Chelsea win AET
    • Chelsea win on penalties

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/04/24 at 15:15

7 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

City out of the CL on penalties. Hopefully they're knackered for Saturday.

Unfortunately, I can see them taking their frustration out on us on Saturday and likewise with Arsenal doing the same next week. Sadly, I can only see two consecutive heavy defeats for us. I predict we'll lose both games by at least 3 goals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnnybozo said:

41% of people who voted for us to win this have been smoking the crack pipe again 😂

......and we have a huge smile in our faces 😁

Edited by asvaberg
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Unfortunately, I can see them taking their frustration out on us on Saturday and likewise with Arsenal doing the same next week. Sadly, I can only see two consecutive heavy defeats for us. I predict we'll lose both games by at least 3 goals.

💯👀💀😬🙈

8 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Fortunately, I can't see them taking their frustration out on us on Saturday and neither Arsenal doing the same next week. Gladly, I can see two consecutive heavy victories for us. I predict we'll win both games by at least 3 goals.

😁😁😁

"The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"

6 hours ago, johnnybozo said:

41% of people who voted for us to win this have been smoking the crack pipe again 😂

And what did the other 59% who voted for us to win do?

Edited by Sciatika
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Fortunately, I can't see them taking their frustration out on us on Saturday and neither Arsenal doing the same next week. Gladly, I can see two consecutive heavy victories for us. I predict we'll win both games by at least 3 goals.

😁😁😁

"The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"

I'm the world's worst tipster😭 so you have good reason to be optimistic.

The only things I can predict with any certainty are death, taxes and the next ACDC album sounding exactly the same as the previous one 

• Haha 4

Not sure if the result last night helps us, I fancy it does a little.

Either they will be deflated / knackered or feel they have a point to prove.

I do think our chances of progressing have increased significantly.

Edited by Max Fowler

21 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Either they will be deflated / knackered or feel they have a point to prove.

I do think our chances of progressing have increased significantly.

I do think you're living in cloud Cuckooland

45 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Not sure if the result changes much, but going into ET and pens obviously helps us.

23 minutes ago, johnnybozo said:

I do think you're living in cloud Cuckooland

What bit did you disagree with? Their game going the distance can only help us, even if they remain firm favourites. 

2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

They went to mow a meadow, I guess 🙂

That's where the grass came from then?

Ok more serious issue I need help with....as I mentioned but may have been missed...I got home in time to catch the Everton game at the 20 minute mark and two goals to the good....astonished I watched the game through still wearing my somewhat sophisticated "Going to Town" fashion choices..Colorado style...Now...do I wear the same level of "style" for this game...the old well proven "lucky" omen syndrome or stick to my usual more appropriate backwoods attire  or as Mrs C puts it.."Scruffy"wear. ?

Was the Everton game a revelation or a one off..being a Cup game is that different or needs a different mind set from an EPL game?

I am struggling here...any help out there from the wiser heads?

Regardless of last night's match, this is still Pep's Man City and they're going to be very difficult to get a result against. I'm worried that Haaland is well overdue for a massive game and he got subbed vs Madrd, which may mean he has a real point to prove. I'm nervous!

I just hope we give them a game, which we seem to have done this season and make them for any result they get. It'll be interesting to see what he does with the team and will obviously massively depend on injuries, but I would expect Chilwell to come back in and possibly Enzo back in for Madueke, moving Gallagher further forward... although I would like to see the Gallagher and Caicedo partnership again, I much prefer it.

Think we'll see:

Petrovic

Gusto - Silva - Chalobah - Chilwell

Enzo - Caicedo

Palmer - Gallagher - Mudryk

Jackson

I'd like to see:

Petrovic

Gallagher - Caicedo

Madueke - Palmer - Mudryk

Jackson

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Not really relevant here, but looks like the 5th PL Champions League place has taken a massive hit after last night, makes it harder for qualify for Europe, especially a good competition

Typical Arsenal, screwed it up after we kept it going for years. 

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Regardless of last night's match, this is still Pep's Man City and they're going to be very difficult to get a result against. I'm worried that Haaland is well overdue for a massive game and he got subbed vs Madrd, which may mean he has a real point to prove. I'm nervous!

I just hope we give them a game, which we seem to have done this season and make them for any result they get. It'll be interesting to see what he does with the team and will obviously massively depend on injuries, but I would expect Chilwell to come back in and possibly Enzo back in for Madueke, moving Gallagher further forward... although I would like to see the Gallagher and Caicedo partnership again, I much prefer it.

Think we'll see:

Petrovic

Enzo - Caicedo

Palmer - Gallagher - Mudryk

Jackson

I'd like to see:

Petrovic

Gallagher - Caicedo

Madueke - Palmer - Mudryk

Jackson

Haaland’s confidence honestly looks shot from Roy Keane’s comment 

12 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Haaland’s confidence honestly looks shot from Roy Keane’s comment 

Haaland won’t care what Keane thinks; and I think the Norwegian lacks confidence in the same way C-Ron does. 🤪 🇳🇴👀🫶🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, chara said:

That's where the grass came from then?

Ok more serious issue I need help with....as I mentioned but may have been missed...I got home in time to catch the Everton game at the 20 minute mark and two goals to the good....astonished I watched the game through still wearing my somewhat sophisticated "Going to Town" fashion choices..Colorado style...Now...do I wear the same level of "style" for this game...the old well proven "lucky" omen syndrome or stick to my usual more appropriate backwoods attire  or as Mrs C puts it.."Scruffy"wear. ?

Was the Everton game a revelation or a one off..being a Cup game is that different or needs a different mind set from an EPL game?

I am struggling here...any help out there from the wiser heads?

Haha - may I suggest a Noddy Holder outfit. I think it will silence all, including Mrs C 🙂

I can't think we will lose with a devoted fan wearing this:

p-19567-costume-001110-the-1970s-noddy-h

Edited by asvaberg
  • Haha 4

I half-wonder if Guardiola might hold players back for the league. This isn't a vintage City side and lots of their players, especially the most important ones, have played a huge amount of football in the last year and/or have been up and down with injuries. He's clearly a winner and hungry for all trophies, but also will be ruthlessly pragmatic about which trophy is most important, particularly as I suspect next season is his last.

Any simulator tells you this is a City win 7 or 8 times out of 10. I think that's most likely but still have a slight sense of optimism.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

So it will be:

Petrovic, Gusto, Disasi, Trev/Silva, Cucu/Chilwell, Gallagher, Enzo, Caicedo, Palmer, Jackson, then one from Madueke, Sterling, Mudryk. 

Think those 8 will start with the other 3 spots a close call

23 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Not really relevant here, but looks like the 5th PL Champions League place has taken a massive hit after last night, makes it harder for qualify for Europe, especially a good competition

Yes, it will possibly mess Spurs up which would be hilarious.

For us:

If England get the 5th CL spot and the FA Cup winners are City, the distribution will be like this:
6th: EL
7th: EL
8th: Conference League

Without the 5th spot and the FA Cup winners are City the distribution would be like this:
5th: EL
6th: EL
7th: Conference League

Or we just win the FA Cup for the EL place.

If us or United win the FA Cup and finish 7th or below, then 6th gets the Conference League place (or 7th if England get the extra CL place).

Not sure if Villa winning the Conference League affects any of this.

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan