1. 1. What will the result be?

• Manchester City win in 90 mins
    • Manchester City win AET
    • Manchester City win on penalties
    • Chelsea win in 90 mins
    • Chelsea win AET
    • Chelsea win on penalties

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/04/24 at 15:15

1 minute ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Yes, it will possibly mess Spurs up which would be hilarious.

For us:

If England get the 5th CL spot and the FA Cup winners are City, the distribution will be like this:
6th: EL
7th: EL
8th: Conference League

Without the 5th spot and the FA Cup winners are City the distribution would be like this:
5th: EL
6th: EL
7th: Conference League

Or we just win the FA Cup for the EL place.

If us or United win the FA Cup and finish 7th or below, then 6th gets the Conference League place (or 7th if England get the extra CL place).

Personally I couldn't care less about the Europa League or Conference League and would prefer us to finish just outside of those places.

That would give us more chance of CL next season

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Personally I couldn't care less about the Europa League or Conference League and would prefer us to finish just outside of those places.

That would give us more chance of CL next season

Conference I'd skip, but Europa having a path into the CL by winning it is worth it and it's a respectable level now the Conference exists to filter out the weaker teams.

And we need to keep our European seeding up, otherwise the CL group stage will be a pain.

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

So it will be:

Petrovic, Gusto, Disasi, Trev/Silva, Cucu/Chilwell, Gallagher, Enzo, Caicedo, Palmer, Jackson, then one from Madueke, Sterling, Mudryk. 

Think those 8 will start with the other 3 spots a close call

Is Enzo really needed? Thought Gallagher in a deeper position did well on Monday (albeit against significantly weaker opposition than Man City). 

I don't think Gallagher is the most forward thinking or compsed midfielder but having him in a deeper role alongside Caicedo worked well and I think it's something worth trying again. 

Enzo reportedly needs an operation. That explains why he's been moving around the pitch in slow motion for months. He can barely move well at his fittest so not sure I want to see him chasing shadows at Wembley. 

• Agree 2

We need to be careful with European competition because the FFP rules are more restrictive than the PSR ones. A couple of years ago, AC Milan chose not to take part in the conference league to avoid having to deal with FFP rules.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Bison said:

Is Enzo really needed? Thought Gallagher in a deeper position did well on Monday (albeit against significantly weaker opposition than Man City). 

I was predicting the starting team. I think he will play.

Like you say, it's a different proposition tomorrow to Everton at home. Having Gallagher deeper had a double whammy effect. 1. Who'd have thought he'd play well in his best position, and 2. it kept him away from the no 10 spot where he takes too many touches 

If he selects all 3, I'd like to see Enzo the furthest forward. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I was predicting the starting team. I think he will play.

Like you say, it's a different proposition tomorrow to Everton at home. Having Gallagher deeper had a double whammy effect. 1. Who'd have thought he'd play well in his best position, and 2. it kept him away from the no 10 spot where he takes too many touches 

If he selects all 3, I'd like to see Enzo the furthest forward. 

I think Enzo has played that role this season and hasn't looked up to much. Fast coming to the conclusion that due to his physical limitations there simply isn't anywhere to hide him. Defensively weak and doesn't offer much in the final third. What do you do with a midfielder like that? 

If Chukwuemeka is good to go I'd have him play in the advanced midfield role and keep Gallagher in CM. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bison said:

If Chukwuemeka is good to go I'd have him play in the advanced midfield role and keep Gallagher in CM. 

I keep forgetting about Chuk...........like him as a player. could be a good option

• Like 1

“Las  fuerza a tus castañuelas”, as an old girlfriend used to say when making a toast (think I got that right - it was a long time ago  …)

• Haha 2

Haaland rumoured to be suffering from a niggle - Pep-talk or truth? I wonder …. Couldn’t get tickets for this one, so me and the lad will shout at the telly instead. Sorry, neighbours, suggest you go out for an evening walk / visit the pub / wear headphones … 

• Haha 1

My CFO has just informed me that she’ll be wanting a lift from the station in the next town at around six, and then got a wee bit upset when I pointed out that Ubers are quite cheap…

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

My CFO has just informed me that she’ll be wanting a lift from the station in the next town at around six, and then got a wee bit upset when I pointed out that Ubers are quite cheap…

Hmmm, mine is a COO and that's why I have insisted we have 6 TV's + 2 iPads and two cars.

We're two adults living in the house 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Haaland rumoured to be suffering from a niggle - Pep-talk or truth? I wonder …. Couldn’t get tickets for this one, so me and the lad will shout at the telly instead. Sorry, neighbours, suggest you go out for an evening walk / visit the pub / wear headphones … 

He's so bad atm I am not really worried either way (maybe would prefer he was playing)

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

I'd take that to a tribunal mate.  

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I have decided we are going to win today because our Wembley losing streak is in finals. 

So get ready for a rousing victory today and losing to Coventry in the final. 

I didn't get a ticket today because I despise going to Wembley even at the best of times and couldn't stomach travelling back from yet another defeat. A victory today would cause a real dilemma about whether or not to go to the final!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

He's so bad atm I am not really worried either way (maybe would prefer he was playing)

So weak, even 5'6 Cucurella can throw him to the floor at 6'4,

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ham said:

I'd take that to a tribunal mate.  

No need. A resounding "no" did the trick. The divorce courts might get a letter or two, though ...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Haaland not in the squad 

3 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

When he doesnt score, he offers nothing. Theyre a better team without him, but every now and then he does something outrageous