CFCnet 23/24 awards - voting OPEN! ×

Premier League

JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Arse vs Scousers vs Spuds - too close to choose, for me.

Dippers or Citeh for me. 

The alternative simply CANNOT HAPPEN. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Hammersmith, mate

Totally unrelated to football story.... when I first arrived in Colorado I found myself and my then wife in a small cafe in Evergreen (had lunch at a Vietnamese place there yesterday so came to mind),,,the owner came to us and did the usual stuff...he then asked me if I was Australian..sigh..."Leave it out!" says I..he recoiled and it turns out he was from Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush...lot of chat chat...we came away and the ex said.."I didn't understand a word you two said."

Hmm maybe it is football related after all and part of The Poch problem...no one understands what he is saying!

18 hours ago, Ham said:

I'd prefer Liverpool because I know too many gooners and they're unbearable.

It's a bit like choosing how do you want to die  Be hanged or shot?  Abhor both sides with a passion, not to mention their coaches.  Citeh for me,even though I dislike Pep as well.  And whatsmore Arsenal have the odious Piers Morgan as one of their fans.  Not to mention crap pundits like Perry Groves, who is regarded as a legend but is a total bell end.

Edited by blueandproud

And.... What's the point of Sheff Utd?  They are so crap it's ridiculous, they're players should be prosecuted as conmen masquerading as footballers.  How can you concede 5+ goals in three homes games?  It's just pathetic.

4 hours ago, blueandproud said:

And.... What's the point of Sheff Utd?  They are so crap it's ridiculous, they're players should be prosecuted as conmen masquerading as footballers.  How can you concede 5+ goals in three homes games?  It's just pathetic.

Careful, we’ve got them in a few weeks at  their place. 

On 06/03/2024 at 12:38, Box of Tricks said:

I'd take a Liverpool title win 100 times out of a 100 over an Arsenal one.  As much as Liverpool fans rattle me, Arsenal fans are utterly insufferable. Both online and in person.

If our game against them got rescheduled to the penultimate game of the season and we took points off them to stop them winning the title, I'd never let them hear the end of it.

Talk about devil and the deep blue sea. 😬😬😬 But yes - I’d agree with this. I am now going to bathe in bleach for an hour. 🫥🫥🫥

On 06/03/2024 at 12:38, Box of Tricks said:

As much as Liverpool fans rattle me, Arsenal fans are utterly insufferable. Both online and in person.

They're both as bad as each other IMO. Never had any issues with City fans, who are fairly level-headed and good-humoured. Both online and in person.

No doubt the ones who only  started supporting them when Guardiola took over are a pain in the arse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

No doubt the ones who only  started supporting them when Guardiola took over are a pain in the arse.

Yup

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Sky commentary team in respectful silence during the rendition of YNWA. 

This, for the fans who boo the national anthem. 

It's a media love in, a continual kow towing 

An orgy of self aggrandisement. 

• Agree 1

It’s an odd song - originally sung to comfort a woman in a play whose man stabbed himself rather than be arrested for a failed robbery. Can’t think why scousers sing it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

It’s an odd song - originally sung to comfort a woman in a play whose man stabbed himself rather than be arrested for a failed robbery. Can’t think why scousers sing it.

That BM I trust is true irony😄