CFCnet 23/24 awards - voting OPEN! ×

Premier League

JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Absolutely disgusting that Sir Jim Ratcliff, richest man in Britain, who chooses to pay his taxes in Monaco, is asking the taxpayer to fund the rebuilding of Old Trafford.  

Edited by Ham
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Ham said:

Absolutely disgusting that Sir Jim Ratcliff, richest man in Britain, who chooses to pay his taxes in Monaco, is asking the taxpayer to fund the rebuilding of Old Trafford.  

And the sanctimonious media are totally ignoring it

• Like 1

On 19/02/2024 at 20:51, east lower said:

I decided to watch the Everton vs Palace game this evening. It has probably been the worst PL match I’ve seen in a very long time. I can live with a lack of quality, as long as there’s a bit of action and intrigue - not a smidgen of either. 

It’s been so bad that 15 year old re-runs of Judge Judy have taken over my interest.

I've seen many terrible games as a neutral, there was one between Middlesborough and West Brom a few years ago, it was as entertaining as an abcess in the mouth, but what did I expecy when the respective head coaches of the clubs were Aitor Karanka and Tony Pulis?  There was also one in the late '90s between Leicester and Wimbledon, the most entertaining thing about that game was the ball going out of the stadium!  The worst ever Chelsea match I saw was a Second Division match in 1980 at the Bridge against Swansea City.  The game was so poor and lacking in action that the highlight for ITV's The Big match only lasted 30 seconds.  If anyone wondered why the back pass  rule was brought in, you only had to watch that game, hope ITV have destroyed it from their archives!  Swansea must have passed the ball back to their goalkeeper about 50 times in that game.

Edited by blueandproud

Watching Wet Spam v Brentford, two thoughts:

1. Ivan Toney - Wouldn’t give you tuppence for him based on his effort, or more pertinently lack of

2. Kudos - Might have missed a gem there 

Edit: The W-Ham left back just scored a screamer, wonder where they got him from?

Edited by east lower

10 hours ago, east lower said:

Watching Wet Spam v Brentford, two thoughts:

1. Ivan Toney - Wouldn’t give you tuppence for him based on his effort, or more pertinently lack of

2. Kudos - Might have missed a gem there 

Edit: The W-Ham left back just scored a screamer, wonder where they got him from?

1 - in full agreement 

2- in full agreement , he looks head and shoulders above anyone we have 

3- Apparently he was dreadful when they played Arsenal and got tonked so its even more obvious where they got him from 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

1 - in full agreement 

2- in full agreement , he looks head and shoulders above anyone we have 

3- Apparently he was dreadful when they played Arsenal and got tonked so its even more obvious where they got him from 

2. We tried low-balling them according to his agent. Imagine getting outbid by West-Ham who's ownership isn't renowned for it financial profligacy. Yet we have overpaid for at least 3 and by a lot, and who's performances and influences on the pitch are falling short of this chap. Identifying talent is these chaps from Brighton's forte apparently  - Identifying how to dupe billionaire's out of millions 

3. By the sounds of the score, not many covered themselves in glory. I know two STH's there and they think he's done quite well overall. 

Edited by east lower
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I know I have said it before, but I would be taking a really close look at Adebayo before I went anywhere near Toney. Maybe, they are.

Toney's attitude and effort stunk the place out last night. Think Rashford level of apathy. Still he'll probably be unplayable on Saturday!!

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, east lower said:

Toney's attitude and effort stunk the place out last night. Think Rashford level of apathy. Still he'll probably be unplayable on Saturday!!

Oh definitely.  Dr Chelsea will see you now. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

If it stops Pool getting the Quadruple, then so be it. 

I'd prefer Liverpool because I know too many gooners and they're unbearable.

• Agree 1

On 27/02/2024 at 09:32, east lower said:

His attitude and performance stunk the place out again last Saturday. I will be genuinely shocked if any above average club signs him this summer. At the very best he goes to a Newcastle or West Ham level club who might go for him at a significantly  knocked down price on what he was being rated at a year ago.  

2 hours ago, Ham said:

I have a horrible feeling that Arsenal are actually going to do it this year

🤮

Only seen the goals. 

Apart from the number of goals, what strikes me is just how sharp their passing is. Every pass was accurate and perfectly weighted. Hate to admit it,  but at this moment in time we are miles off that level of passing and movement.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Ham said:

I'd prefer Liverpool because I know too many gooners and they're unbearable.

I'm the opposite. The Arse are tolerable, but the Scousers ....? Vile.

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

I'm the opposite. The Arse are tolerable, but the Scousers ....? Vile.

You weren't brought up in North London were you? 

CIty for me , they've cheated , they know they've cheated and we know they've cheated and they know we know they've cheated 

Arsenal have millions of Internet spammer know all twat fans and I cannot have that, life's too short,

Liverpool , Klopps leaving so leaving with a solitary "Mickey Mouse Cup" (when we win it) would do nicely 

• Like 2

One of my favourite stories about Arsenal concerned someone walking through one of those mini-parks in Islington and noticing an Arsenal ST nailed to a tree. He thought, "I'll have that. You can never have too many nails".

• Haha 2