Premier League

JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Must be / have been a management consultant …. I was one too, MFOR indeed, although occasionally spiced by some interesting stuff.  On the other hand, same qualities are required for anything involving selling - whether goods, services or policies - lobbying etc. Did that, too.

Did do and do some consulting (loosely termed) as it's objective driven. But some of it is MFOR. 

BUT whoever the client is gets what they want I.e. can we get this asset from that point to this point, what are the risks etc, etc. Not the 'blue-sky' thinking stuff that alot of the Consultants do.

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Chelsea don't make me happy at the moment but this afternoon's results have been delicious.

Thank you Crystal Palace and Aston Villa 🤣🤣

In the midst of our "Winter (+) Of Discontent"..The Football Gods smile on us and serve up everything we could dream for ..... as MrC  left for church I said if only Villa can win,,unlikely it will be almost a perfect off Chelsea weekend of results...and here we are!!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Arsenal bottle it again, and the Scouse also got beat as well.  As Blakey from On The Buses used to say "That's made my day that has"!  

I think all across the game the majority of fans are grinning today!

Things change across The EPL but generally speaking my categorising  or my personal identity...of/for clubs remains more or less the same over the years regardless of ownership  etc.

Citeh always a "like Chelsea" club,,Joe and Malcolm..Bell, Trautman ,,slings and arrows over the years but paying back the punters for those years now.,,,sneered at by the arrogant Manure louts...Liverpool ?...no need for any comment...Spurs?..always the live in the past Glory glory club the source of much anger from me as a youngster (and still) due to the useless non football kids who jumped on the Double years..."Lucky" Arsenal with an entitled forever better than anyone else moral high ground self image,,,"Plucky" Fulham, and on and on....all meaning I want Citeh to top the EPL and the Scouse lot and the truly Arse crowd to cry in their beds come the end of the season.... Biased?..you bet your sweet Bippy...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, east lower said:

And look how empty the Emptyrates is at 0-2 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The way football fans are these days (not all, but a lot of them) if Arsenal are not involved in a serious title challenge, it wouldn't surprise me to see a large section of their fanbase to start calling for Arteta to be sacked. A lot of them wanted him to go before he turned them around with a good season last year. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Hope they’re not ours ….

Says they were arrested at their own ground at the weekend.  Also, we didn't have any 19 year olds around at the weekend. 

So....Burnley, Luton and Forest.... one to survive with Forest having a slim advantage....sympathies are with all the fans involved...it truly is the hope that kills you for the two out of three....shudder...been there.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, chara said:

So....Burnley, Luton and Forest.... one to survive with Forest having a slim advantage....sympathies are with all the fans involved...it truly is the hope that kills you for the two out of three....shudder...been there.

Burnley and Forest meet on the final day of the season as well, which could well be the decider.

15 hours ago, chara said:

Indeed, but remember the wild celebrations on the last day of the season when we survived by the skin of our teeth!

17 hours ago, chara said:

Do we have a favourite (survive)?

Mine has to be Luton. Not for any good reason other than I kinda like old grounds with character, Kenilworth ground-  and I haven't even been there. Must be the grumpy old man in me 🙂

@asvaberg...good question......as mentioned probably too often over the years Burnley at SB was the first game I went to and until recently always had a soft spot for them completely wrecked by a certain past coach and thug player but a bit softer now..Forest on the other hand never became a disliked side or one I warmed to..just middle of the road "respected". Luton,,,sorry...find it hard to take the club seriously and always felt like they were "visiting" the EPL....so to choose....by a slight margin Forest but as all three have battled against the odds I would have no issue with any of them surviving

• Thanks 1

I’m for Forest too. Not fussed about Burnley one way or the other. Luton, well it’s Luton isn’t it!

I can see us becoming a Notts Forrest in the not too distant future, former European Champions yo-yoing between divisions!

• Like 1

On 27/04/2024 at 22:35, chara said:

My thoughts are purely selfish as regards away trips. So Sheffield, Burnley and Forest down for me - keep Luton.

Coming up Leicester, Ipswich and Southampton 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, east lower said:

My thoughts are purely selfish as regards away trips. So Sheffield, Burnley and Forest down for me - keep Luton.

Coming up Leicester, Ipswich and Southampton 

This.  Dislike Leeds with a passion, Leicester already up and hopefully Ipswich will follow, it's not a good for the Prem if the same old teams keep coming back.  Don't mind Southampton or WBA, but I'm not having D(H)ull .  As for the Prem, I wuah Everton would go down, can't stand their small man fans, but there's no chance of that happening now

• Agree 1